St Mirren V Dunfermline 16 December

St.Ricky

21 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I went to the toilet as the clock hit 90 mins and was amazed at the amount of fans leaving. Surely if you have managed to watch 90 mins, an other 3 mins shouldn't be a problem since the game was still to be won.

Surely if you can hold a pish in for 90mins another 3 shouldn't have be a problem, probably an age thing...:lol:

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

90 minutes. Don't you mean 120 minutes emoji848.png

St Mirren 1-0 Dunfermline Athletic - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42290636

Well apart from another assist when he passed it for Cammy Smith to score and win us the game. Sorry if you didn't see him setting up another goal for us. emoji23.png

Not being pedantic but McShane passed it to Reilly, Reilly passed it to Smith. It's Reilly's assist.

Edited by djchapsticks

To get bigger crowds you are relying on punters making decisions to attend for a variety of reasons. The cold, Christmas and cost of entry are inevitably factors. As a ST holder l was unable to attend yesterday due to family commitments in run up to festive season. As regards comparing our crowds to others, do not forget saints take big away support to these grounds swelling attendances. We have a solid hard core support and at this time of year it is difficult to add to that, even when we are riding high in the league.

Yep, hopefully in the New Year we will see our attendances surge.

I think a lot of people are still traumatised from their miserable afternoons at the stadium over the past 5 years.  Once they see we are serious about the title challenge some of the lapsed supporters will come back.

I don't really understand why people are complaining about the crowd. It seemed pretty decent to me considering the time of year. For most people this is a pretty busy weekend. People's partners, kids and grandkids are busy as well and it's not always possible to leave it all to someone else while you head off to the football. That's probably part of the reason for the early leavers too. Getting home 15 minutes earlier than usual can still salvage some brownie points!

18 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Guy's I did not say it was a penalty I saw two players go down with the ref blowing and pointing to the penalty spot with dread going through me. The fact a ref changed his mind after discussions with officals the ref changed his mind I can't remember ever seeing a ref change his mind. Jack Ross in his interview comends the ref rightly that was huge. Yes the ref made some errors but to change his mind on a penalty was a brave and right well done the ref.

According to The Herald the reason for the change of mind by the ref and assistant was the admission by Ryan Williamson that Eck had not fouled him! Full marks to Williamson.

Edited by smcc

17 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair play to Johnston. Very level headed. I thought he’d have been greetin like a big lassie.

Can you imagine what Robertson or McCall would have been like after that game.

Oh what a good point, Robbo would have been trying to arrange a Highland Uprising.:lol:................ it wasn't a pen, however finally common sense and communication with the Refs 

Looks to me as if the 'keeper knocks it wide with his hand outside of the box, thus preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Reilly was running at a slight angle, but would have been clean through on goal if the 'keeper hadn't handled it. At the point when the 'keeper handled it there were no players between Reilly and an open goal.

Clear sending off.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Looks to me as if the 'keeper knocks it wide with his hand outside of the box, thus preventing a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Reilly was running at a slight angle, but would have been clean through on goal if the 'keeper hadn't handled it. At the point when the 'keeper handled it there were no players between Reilly and an open goal.

Clear sending off.

I am absolutely amazed that anyone sees it differently.

Still, shows why we should cut refs some slack.  They need to make a split second decision - there are people watch that numerous times on a replay and still can't get it right!

20 hours ago, the barrhead teacher said:

To get bigger crowds you are relying on punters making decisions to attend for a variety of reasons. The cold, Christmas and cost of entry are inevitably factors. As a ST holder l was unable to attend yesterday due to family commitments in run up to festive season. As regards comparing our crowds to others, do not forget saints take big away support to these grounds swelling attendances. We have a solid hard core support and at this time of year it is difficult to add to that, even when we are riding high in the league.

I agree with this post by BT. QOS is now a bit far for me to drive at this time of year (I live in Stirling). I have a season ticket and go to all games home and away with the recent exception of Inverness and now QOS. I might miss the games against Dundee United (A Friday Evening) and against Morton on 2 January due to family commitments. I guess a lot of us have more of these at this time of year. Strange thing is that if the games were on Saturday 30 December and 1 January then I could attend - But I am sure others couldn't . Top of the league definitely means more fans travelling to away games. Our crowds are on the up but I was dissapointed at the crowd attending the DAFC game - both the number of our fans and those of Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Clear sending off.

This.

If it was a foul (which it was), it was a red. Reilly didn't knock it wide, the' keeper did - with his hand and outside the box.

As you say, a red card all day long.

42 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I agree with this post by BT. QOS is now a bit far for me to drive at this time of year (I live in Stirling). I have a season ticket and go to all games home and away with the recent exception of Inverness and now QOS. I might miss the games against Dundee United (A Friday Evening) and against Morton on 2 January due to family commitments. I guess a lot of us have more of these at this time of year. Strange thing is that if the games were on Saturday 30 December and 1 January then I could attend - But I am sure others couldn't . Top of the league definitely means more fans travelling to away games. Our crowds are on the up but I was dissapointed at the crowd attending the DAFC game - both the number of our fans and those of Dunfermline.

In summary: Part Time Fannies.

13 minutes ago, Drew said:

This.

If it was a foul (which it was), it was a red. Reilly didn't knock it wide, the' keeper did - with his hand and outside the box.

As you say, a red card all day long.

Indeed.

The ref' doesnae always get it right and CC has previous but I do think he got it right with the penalty decision as Ekersley had cleared the ball by the time the Dung player hit the deck as if he had heard a bomb go aff. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime