Stand Still When Snowing

Isle Of Bute Saint

4 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
4 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Does this question even need asking?
Common sense dictates that if people want clear paths we should clear them ourselves instead of whining about the government not doing it. Maybe the council should put a wee sign up against the grit buckets saying  "This is for you to help yourself. WTF are you waiting for ya bunch of useless needy dependent entitled nuggets".
The Germans need to be told everything and seem happy issuing orders over every single thing. Horrible way to live.

Merry Christmas, one and all...

Congratulations on another successful defence mechanism deployment. :lol:

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
11 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Common sense dictates that if people want clear paths we should clear them ourselves instead of whining about the government not doing it. Maybe the council should put a wee sign up against the grit buckets saying  "This is for you to help yourself. WTF are you waiting for ya bunch of useless needy dependent entitled nuggets".
The Germans need to be told everything and seem happy issuing orders over every single thing. Horrible way to live.

Merry Christmas, one and all...

I don't know exactly where the socially inadequate one lives, but grit buckets are few and far between in Paisley.

We've got one about 150 yards away,only because we live a the top of two very steep roads.

I'm not sure how the 90 year old woman, who lives round the corner, is going to be able to walk 150 yards up an icy hill, then 100 yards down another icy hill to collect a bucket of grit, then carry it back to her house to grit the pavement outside of her house.

Maybe our self appointed "genius" can tell us........................

Edited by FTOF

Just now, FTOF said:

I don't know exactly where the socially inadequate one lives, but grit buckets are few and far between in Paisley.

We've got one about 150 yards away,only because we live a the top of two very steep roads.

I'm not sure how the 90 year old woman, who lives round the corner, is going to be able to walk 150 yards up an icy hill, then 100 yards down another icy hill to collect a bucket of grit, then carry it back to her house to grit the pavement outside of her house.

She's, obviously, a useless needy dependant nugget and has no place in "society"................ :lol:

2 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

They should just make roads and pavements out of grit, it would save a lot of hassle. Where's that c**t that said I wasn't a genius? :)

It's O.K.

I've sorted it.

I chucked out a packet of Saxa as I skated by her house and shouted, "You've got no excuse now you useless needy dependant nugget. Get out there and get the fucking pavement de-iced".

Who needs Santa when I'm around? :santa

Edited by FTOF

Yet another piece of 'I'm better than anyone else' twattery from our good friend Oaksoft.

On 27/12/2017 at 1:32 PM, TPAFKATS said:
On 24/12/2017 at 5:38 PM, Deekthebuddie said:
Been to Norway and a few motorways around Lillehamer and Oslo have snow gates to close the roads if the snow gets too much, which are 10ft high, so far as they seem more prepared,these gates haven't been used yet. Most roads are clear or passible, trains run on time, most flights operate and runways are cleared and the tend to salt a lot of pavements too, something that rarely happens here.

Do you know if the cooncil or equivalent does the pavement or is it the responsibility of the home owner to keep the pavement outside their property clear as it is in Germany?

I don't know if it is the councils responsibility to put salt on the pavements outside residential properties but I do know that when I was a kid , it was something that residents did tend to do when it was icy . If there was an elderly person who couldn't manage it then someone would take responsibility for them . Nowadays I see many a young person  using a stick ,so someone would need to take responsibilty for them too .

A few years ago Mrs Snlt phoned the cooncil and asked them to put grit on our street as it was leathal . The following day they came and gritted half the street and then f**ked off . Not long after that a grit box appeared about 60 feet from my front door( possibly in response to the phone call) , so when it is bad I'll go out and throw some grit on the street  . No one else goes near the box as far as I know apart from when the kids play in it . No one says thank you to me either apart from a Paisley Saint Mirren supporting neighbour , because people are entitled now. .

6 hours ago, FTOF said:

Maybe one of her left wing neighbours could do it for her. Am I going to have to breastfeed you all your answers?

16 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I don't know if it is the councils responsibility to put salt on the pavements outside residential properties but I do know that when I was a kid , it was something that residents did tend to do when it was icy . If there was an elderly person who couldn't manage it then someone would take responsibility for them . Nowadays I see many a young person  using a stick ,so someone would need to take responsibilty for them too .

A few years ago Mrs Snlt phoned the cooncil and asked them to put grit on our street as it was leathal . The following day they came and gritted half the street and then f**ked off . Not long after that a grit box appeared about 60 feet from my front door( possibly in response to the phone call) , so when it is bad I'll go out and throw some grit on the street  . No one else goes near the box as far as I know apart from when the kids play in it . No one says thank you to me either apart from a Paisley Saint Mirren supporting neighbour , because people are entitled now. .

The same selfish bastards not giving two shits about helping are probably the same people complaining about how society is falling apart and the Tories are to blame.

2 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Yet another piece of 'I'm better than anyone else' twattery from our good friend Oaksoft.

I'm certainly better than you, that's all you need to know. I am not the one dishing out the personal abuse.

You sound like the sort of person I worked very hard not to have to live amongst.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:
I'm certainly better than you, that's all you need to know. I am not the one dishing out the personal abuse.
You sound like the sort of person I worked very hard not to have to live amongst.

Aye, but are you better than me?

I am open to persuasion.

Are you the sort of nugget who doesn't appear to know what a grit box is for?

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Tough talk for someone who doesn't know what a grit box is for.

Quite clearly I do, having referenced the fact that my 90 year old neighbour would require to fill a bucket of grit from one, in my original post.

Pretty idiotic of you to miss that.:)

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Quite clearly I do, having referenced the fact that my 90 year old neighbour would require to fill a bucket of grit from one, in my original post.

Pretty idiotic of you to miss that.:)

I have the same problem with your posts as I do with Drew's and Faraway's: reading your personal insult-strewn tedious pish makes me fall asleep half way through your post. If I miss things, you only have yourself to blame.

Again, twattery of the highest order from your good self, and proof that pulling the head off it in your case doesn't make you blind, in your case it just makes you a cretin with a high opinion of yourself, that sadly not many others share. I'll leave you to try and wrangle some street urchins, lowlifes and vagabonds into clearing and salting the streets

Most areas have very few if any grit boxes and in the case of my area, a few folk have fallen and been injured, and after months of calls to the council, one finally appeared in the area but only filled with what looked like a couple of handfuls of grit. Ive asked for more to be put in the box but so far with no joy. I've cleared a bit of pavement for folk to walk on & stick down some salt when I can but a bit hard when at work all day to do it all the time