Stand Still When Snowing

Isle Of Bute Saint

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You sound like the sort of person I worked very hard not to have to live amongst.

Yet you wander around the forum amongst people who you have a worked hard :lol: not to live amongst preferring to use a forum full, according to you, of these type of people?

Yes, you, seemingly, have an qualification but without social skills it's all a waste. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I'm certainly better than you, that's all you need to know.

You continually whine about "personal abuse" then dispel your own personal abuse to others.

You are another version of elvis, loving the label of forum twat, oops sorry, abuse alert, although he doesn't cry about it.

Run along, you must have more of them problems that keep you awake most nights to solve. :byebye

1 hour ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Most areas have very few if any grit boxes and in the case of my area, a few folk have fallen and been injured, and after months of calls to the council, one finally appeared in the area but only filled with what looked like a couple of handfuls of grit. Ive asked for more to be put in the box but so far with no joy. I've cleared a bit of pavement for folk to walk on & stick down some salt when I can but a bit hard when at work all day to do it all the time

I would get back on the blower to the council , although I think in the main , the grit boxes are for the road rather than the pavement .  If there is enough traffic over an area where you have put salt , you should not have to reapply unless it is washed away by heavy rain.  As far as slips , trip and falls go , despite living in the nanny state , we are all responsible for our own safety. .

I would get back on the blower to the council , although I think in the main , the grit boxes are for the road rather than the pavement .  If there is enough traffic over an area where you have put salt , you should not have to reapply unless it is washed away by heavy rain.  As far as slips , trip and falls go , despite living in the nanny state , we are all responsible for our own safety. .

It took an age just to get to speak to someone who could deal with it. Started contact by email(eventually sending 18 with not a single response except the automated crap you tend to get to say they have it) Then council didn't know if they or The Scottish Government had responsibility as a lot of my area was regenerated and rebuilding was commissioned by them, eventually spoke to 11 people in council and last guy did what he said by getting a grit box out but hardly any grit in it. He said council may be able to grit pavements if gritting teams have enough after roads and its not too dangerous for them to do it. Feel sorry for the older folk although I did slip last year but only ended up with a dislocated finger plus jacket & jeans ended up dirty but minor really

1 minute ago, Deekthebuddie said:

It took an age just to get to speak to someone who could deal with it. Started contact by email(eventually sending 18 with not a single response except the automated crap you tend to get to say they have it) Then council didn't know if they or The Scottish Government had responsibility as a lot of my area was regenerated and rebuilding was commissioned by them, eventually spoke to 11 people in council and last guy did what he said by getting a grit box out but hardly any grit in it. He said council may be able to grit pavements if gritting teams have enough after roads and its not too dangerous for them to do it. Feel sorry for the older folk although I did slip last year but only ended up with a dislocated finger plus jacket & jeans ended up dirty but minor really

Yeah , Rutherglen is quite a hilly place too if l remember correctly , which can make it worse . When I was a kid we actually poured water down a hill so we could slide on it , turns it into an ice rink really , a bit reckless . The only other thing you can do is wear non slip footwear , Docs are pretty good . .

Yeah , Rutherglen is quite a hilly place too if l remember correctly , which can make it worse . When I was a kid we actually poured water down a hill so we could slide on it , turns it into an ice rink really , a bit reckless . The only other thing you can do is wear non slip footwear , Docs are pretty good . .

Got a few pairs of supposedly grippy boots, but the roads and pavements here are new and billiard table smooth, so end up really Slippy with the slightest bit of frost. Was actually safer walking about and driving when a bit of snow was down. I've also invested in a pair of grippy things that go over the soles of your shoes and have little spikes to help prevent you slipping

Guest TPAFKATS

Got a few pairs of supposedly grippy boots, but the roads and pavements here are new and billiard table smooth, so end up really Slippy with the slightest bit of frost. Was actually safer walking about and driving when a bit of snow was down. I've also invested in a pair of grippy things that go over the soles of your shoes and have little spikes to help prevent you slipping
Reminds me of a still game sketch...

17 hours ago, smcc said:

I think he probably does, but what I really meant was that, like you, he believes that he is a cut above everyone else! :lol

Yeah, THAT is Trump's biggest problem. Not the racism, sexism or the mental illness but his attitude about his self worth. :lol

Edited by oaksoft

16 hours ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Did you remember not to use personal abuse in your communications?

Maybe that's why you didn't get a response. People like you always make this mistake. :lol:

Did you remember not to use personal abuse in your communications?
Maybe that's why you didn't get a response. People like you always make this mistake. [emoji38]

Give yourself peace. They haven't replied because of A) Budget cut & staff shortages due to said cuts, B) Being inept, C) A bit of both. You give out your self-satisfying opinions, probably for a bit of an ego massage, give a lot of 'I'm better than anyone else, I work hard to stay away from you' etc, then come out with the petted lip when someone has the cheek to disagree. Man up and if we are all 'beneath you' why do you continue to grace the forum with your presence? Just a thought......