January 2018 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Possibly did sanction this himself, as we already sent McCart back at the end of his loan whereas a loanee  would probably have been more beneficial as a backup to an area of the team that is hard to budge the current performers from the starting lineup.

Now wondering if any of the guys we're bringing in is capable of filling in at centre back when required. The Buchanan Livi link has been on the go for a couple of weeks so we'd have known it was a possibility when McCart was sent back.

31 minutes ago, Drew said:

I'm surprised that Buchanan has left.

As Stu has mentioned, we aren't awash with options now, so I hope this isn't something that comes back to bite us.

Perhaps the player himself initiated this. I could understand if he'd prefer to try his luck elsewhere in order to secure regular 1st team football.

Ach well, in Jack we trust.

As said in another post, wondering if we've got someone coming in who is capable of filling in there, with McCart being let go back and Buchanan offloaded.

We have the best centre-halves in the League and Gary Mac as a sub centre-half who would probably get a game for any other team in this League. And Irvine or Eckersley could play there if required. We do not need Buchanan and he is too good to not play any football. We are short in midfield so it makes sense to get wages available for that position. Glad Jack is the manager :)

EDIT TO ADD: O'Keefe and Horne away to Annan on loan.

Edited by Sonny

22 minutes ago, Yflab said:

More changes than I anticipated would happen in this window. Just hope the replacements we get in drive us towards a League and Cup double.

Anyone know what this guy is up to these days? The only way is up!:ph34r:

6626812C-E757-4E80-8B28-93AD0452D2D4.thumb.jpeg.641867c835109923f63e0708e2d5a864.jpeg

Dunno but his boy currently plays in the MLS

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Correct I'm amazed so many think it' good to keep John when he is one of our highest paid players so far down the pecking order bottom line is the ball is firmly in John' s court. Mullen is a good player just needs time to settle into his new surroundings  it can take some players longer than others. 

Sutton can still be a hand full for defences at this level particulary in the box and at corners . he is a different type of player from Mullen and Gavin but suffice to say he is likely to move on at the end of the season. .

Baird, MacKenzie, Davis and Eckersley are all better centre backs than Buchanan. Irvine probably isn't but can play there if we are really stuck.

Gregor seemed like a decent guy and hard working but ultimately a limited footballer, especially for a team challenging for the league. Unsurprising he's ended up at Livingston, a club where he put in by far his best performance at. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Think we are offering Livingstone cash for another one of their players a small-scale ish right winger has impressed me anytime we play them he would be a cracking signing. 

Josh Mullin?

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Think we are offering Livingstone cash for another one of their players a small-scale ish right winger has impressed me anytime we play them he would be a cracking signing. 

Does Flannigan not play right wing as well? Heard that he's back from his loan. 

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Na, would prefer to stick with who he is really bringing in. 

10 hours ago, pod said:

Na, would prefer to stick with who he is really bringing in. 

Not trying to pretend I'm in the know only go what I read on line , quite a few fans out there seem o think we are putting a cash bid for a Livingstone player. One who is a cracking player is Josh Millin who Motherwell want to sign also. 

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Aye, I noticed a Dougie McNeil tweet to that effect.

Doesn't stop us widely speculating in the meantime, I suppose.

Would this be the one that will lift a few eyebrows and drop the odd jaw. Trying to get it over the line has been written , on far more than we could afford. Very interesting who this big name player is. 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would this be the one that will lift a few eyebrows and drop the odd jaw. Trying to get it over the line has been written , on far more than we could afford. Very interesting who this big name player is. 

If he'd be on more than we can afford, why would we be signing him, though? :huh:

1 minute ago, Drew said:

If he'd be on more than we can afford, why would we be signing him, though? :huh:

Presumably a loan where we're not liable for a full wage?

Edit: Though saying that, it doesn't fit with the narrative of a player who we're signing with one eye on next season...

Edited by djchapsticks

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Presumably a loan where we're not liable for a full wage?

Edit: Though saying that, it doesn't fit with the narrative of a player who we're signing with one eye on next season...

Aye, I assumed this was a permanent deal.

In saying that, I have no business in assuming anything. I know f**k all:ph34r: