January 2018 Transfer Window

16 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Still not going to change my opinion, why is so important to people that I decide a CB isn't needed? :lol:

1. Eckersley - Still much better at LB you run the risk of upsetting a solid back four if one CB gets a long term injury or such. Then if we have suspensions or other injuries (or a dip in form)

2. Yes Smith usually plays just behind one out and out striker. That works for us. The Reilly position we have another option with Mullan, the Smith position is very versatile, he often changes with Morgan, Maggenis and JR shakes things up that confuse the life out of defenders and works wonderfully. We now have another two midfielders plus Flanagan to give us even more. All great, again not saying another ST is a bad idea (said so so so so many times) just we're pretty well covered. For the millionth time an argument for another striker can be made for another CB. We have had to bring on defenders this season because of red cards, injuries and to hold advantages. I just don't like the idea or relying on non CB for that role if one gets injured. What's so bad about that? :mellow:

3. Did I ever say the CB would HAVE to be 4th choice? Would JR turn his nose up at someone who can challenge the starting two? Of course not, mad comment. 

4. I'm genuinely pulling my hair out with your 'come the summer' comment and the rest of your post. I've said 14 billion times I'm not against a new striker :blink: I just think there's a great debate for a new CB. Your chat about strikers leaving could also be mirrored with Baird and Davis. Both could leave in summer 

the debate is actually up and running, you seem to be arguing for a debate and then complaining that the other parties are trying to brainwash you

58 minutes ago, zico said:

Where did I say that I was trying to change your opinion? :blink:

You have given your opinion on this thread over and over and over again.

I have given my opinion once.

What is the point of your reply? To try and change my opinion?

Or do you think that you own this thread? :lol:

I disagree with everything you have said in your reply.

I'm assuming that JR is looking to bring in someone who is capable of being a first choice striker or at least challenge to be first choice. A new striker can be a game changer from the bench.

In my opinion, we can get a better standard of central defender on emergency loan than we can attract as permanent 4th choice - and we don't need to pay his wages until we need him.

You’ve just copied points other people have said. What’s the point if not to Change my opinion. You have your opinion I have mine. You think we need to improve a strike force with more than 30 goals between them more than we need another CB option fine.

You think we couldn’t attract a cb that could challenge for a start but could a striker  fine 

But why post the same thing again if not to try to get me to agree with you? Pointless 

28 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the debate is actually up and running, you seem to be arguing for a debate and then complaining that the other parties are trying to brainwash you

Nope not at all. Just frustrating that people think my point about a new cb isn’t valid then use the same arguments I’m using for the ST position. Also frustrating that people can’t read basic English. I’ve said several times that I’m for a new striker as well, just more worried about an injury to a CB. 

1 hour ago, zico said:

Where did I say that I was trying to change your opinion? :blink:

You have given your opinion on this thread over and over and over again.

I have given my opinion once.

What is the point of your reply? To try and change my opinion?

Or do you think that you own this thread? :lol:

I disagree with everything you have said in your reply.

I'm assuming that JR is looking to bring in someone who is capable of being a first choice striker or at least challenge to be first choice. A new striker can be a game changer from the bench.

In my opinion, we can get a better standard of central defender on emergency loan than we can attract as permanent 4th choice - and we don't need to pay his wages until we need him.

So you disagree with bringing in a striker then? :double

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’ve just copied points other people have said. What’s the point if not to Change my opinion. You have your opinion I have mine. You think we need to improve a strike force with more than 30 goals between them more than we need another CB option fine.

You think we couldn’t attract a cb that could challenge for a start but could a striker  fine 

But why post the same thing again if not to try to get me to agree with you? Pointless 

Sharing the same opinion as others isn't copying!

And what is your point if not to change everyone else's opinion?

You have your opinion and I have mine.

You think we could do with a central defender more than a striker.

What's the point in posting this over and over and over and over again if not to try and get everyone who disagrees with you to agree with you?

Pointless.

26 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Nope not at all. Just frustrating that people think my point about a new cb isn’t valid then use the same arguments I’m using for the ST position. Also frustrating that people can’t read basic English. I’ve said several times that I’m for a new striker as well, just more worried about an injury to a CB. 

but, but IT'S  A DEBATE.

Seriously, if the idea that someone disagrees with you is frustrating-then don't get involved.

24 minutes ago, zico said:

Sharing the same opinion as others isn't copying!

And what is your point if not to change everyone else's opinion?

You have your opinion and I have mine.

You think we could do with a central defender more than a striker.

What's the point in posting this over and over and over and over again if not to try and get everyone who disagrees with you to agree with you?

Pointless.

Same point as people messaging back to me over and over again saying what about XY & Z. I can read and I can take the points. Doesn't mean i have to see them 15 times. 

19 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

but, but IT'S  A DEBATE.

Seriously, if the idea that someone disagrees with you is frustrating-then don't get involved.

It would be a lot easier not to if people didn't respond directly back to me saying the exact same thing over and over... 

Same point as people messaging back to me over and over again saying what about XY & Z. I can read and I can take the points. Doesn't mean i have to see them 15 times. 

And we can all read your posts and take your points. Doesn't mean we have to see them 150 times!

You don't own the thread. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Not just you! [emoji14]

39 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

blob.png.a62eb6186d9c1646360905eeb28229a3.png

No need to apologies. 

My question was: "where did you say that it would be better to bring in a striker than a central defender?"

To which you have given a quite stating that they aren't related... thereby proving yourself wrong! :lol:

No need to apologise!

50 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Back on Planet Earth, Dundee United have beat us in the race to sign Thomas Mikkelsen from Ross County.

A bit of a blow, not sure if we have another option in mind.

That' s not such a big loss after all we score more goals than any other team in the league. Wonder if Jack has another striker in mind if not no big deal as we do have options up front.