January 2018 Transfer Window

St Mirren

image.gif.e84509c4b56b433bdb098e970e1ad83f.gif

In: Ryan Flynn, midfielder (Oldham Athletic). Loan: Lewis Morgan, midfielder (Celtic); Mark Hill, midfielder (Celtic). Myles Hippolyte ( Falkirk).

Out: Lewis Morgan, midfielder (Celtic, £300,000); Gregor Buchanan, defender (Livingston); Dale Hilson, forward (Forfar Athletic). Loan:Darryl Duffy, forward (Airdrieonians); Ross Stewart, forward (Alloa Athletic); Jordan Kirkpatrick, midfielder (Alloa Athletic); Andrew McDonald, defender (Elgin City); Conor O'Keefe, midfielder (Annan Athletic); Evan Horne, midfielder (Annan Athletic).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42597106

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Grammar police, amazing how important it is to some people on an opinion forum :booty:lol:

Pet hate of mine. It's not grammar exactly, it's actually using a word that has absolutely no place in that sentence. You've actually lengthened the word "would've" to two words which make no sense when put together...

1 hour ago, pod said:

Myles.    

12 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

St Mirren to sign Hippolyte

Falkirk's Myles Hippolyte celebrating at full time following the 4-1 win at Stark's Park

Championship pace setters St Mirren are set to bolster their title bid with the signing of Falkirk star Myles Hippolyte.

The 23-year-old winger has notched six goals for the Bairns this season and is regarded as one of the Championship’s dangermen.

His arrival at St Mirren will be seen as something of a coup in the battle for promotion to the top flight.

Hippolyte is in Paisley(Linwood) Asda  and set to be confirmed by the Buddies later today.

:wink:  

15 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Pet hate of mine. It's not grammar exactly, it's actually using a word that has absolutely no place in that sentence. You've actually lengthened the word "would've" to two words which make no sense when put together...

Eye new you we're going two say this :lol:

Question for the chairman?

how is signing a diving dud from the bottom of the championship, who rarely starts. in line with your stated intention that all signings now should be players of premiership calibre..?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11793/10850605/falkirks-myles-hippolyte-banned-for-two-games-over-dive-against-dunfermline

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

how is signing a diving dud from the bottom of the championship, who rarely starts. in line with your stated intention that all signings now should be players of premiership calibre..?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11793/10850605/falkirks-myles-hippolyte-banned-for-two-games-over-dive-against-dunfermline

No ones biting, everyone seems fairly positive

time to call it a day on this wee crusade

I trust Jack and James to get the best out of this fella. Just like they have done with Gav, Smith (Cammy), Loy, and others who were hardly setting the heather alight at their previous clubs.

This lad is only 23 and clearly has attributes along with a few rough edges.

I'd have been perfectly happy to go with what we have, so have no complaints at an addition who will, at the very least, give us cover/options in forward areas.

Edited by Drew

On 1/17/2018 at 12:27 PM, bazil85 said:

I fully appreciate he doesn't fancy him, all I'm saying is he is still a decent option as JR has also felt in games this season bringing him off the bench. As for management team feelings, as far as I'm aware this is all speculation. I haven't heard JR say anything along the lines of he's just looking for a striker and not a CB so management feelings doesn't cut it in this debate for me sorry. 

Any striker coming in will be in the exact same situation as a CB or worse off. potentially coming in behind three strikers (and one position) so again I'm not seeing your point? Either that or Mullan falls to fourth choice which i also don't think he'd be happy with. 

And yet...

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Question for Div....

Why am I seeing this rocket's drivel when I have him on ignore?<_<

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You are about to find out!

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

He's not listening to you.

Great signing IMO , I'm on record for asking why we didn't make a move for him before Falkirk got him. He will get the chance to be Morgy's long term replacement , and I'm sure when J&J get him under their wing  they will eradicate some of the ott cheating that his previous managers will have encouraged. Looking forward to seeing him in the stripes !