January 2018 Transfer Window

How refreshing to witness a largely positive response to a signing (with one less than notable exception on the part of a strange and sad individual who craves attention more desperately than a toddler with an empty belly and a full nappy).

16 minutes ago, norman said:

I like Hippolyte. If we've signed him I will be delighted. He's quick and strong and can play across the forward positions. He's a great option either starting or coming off the bench. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

I second this view.

About diving - I dislike it whether or not it is the opposition or one of ours so I hope our Management Team knock that out of him.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Always worried me playing against him - has something different about him , a spark so to speak and very direct. Excellent signing under the coaching or JR and JF.

Aye, he's one of these players you always have an eye on as he can hurt you out of nothing.

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Question for the chairman?

how is signing a diving dud from the bottom of the championship, who rarely starts. in line with your stated intention that all signings now should be players of premiership calibre..?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11793/10850605/falkirks-myles-hippolyte-banned-for-two-games-over-dive-against-dunfermline

Very poor welcome even if your not sure of a signing a St Mirren player should always be welcome to our family . Secondly it's Jack Ross who wants the payer which is good enough for me.

1 hour ago, ds10 said:

Championship pace setters St Mirren are set to bolster their title bid with the signing of Falkirk star Myles Hippolyte.

The 23-year-old winger has notched six goals for the Bairns this season and is regarded as one of the Championship’s dangermen.

His arrival in Paisley will be seen as something of a coup in the battle for promotion to the top flight.

Hippolyte is in Paisley and set to be confirmed by the Buddies later today.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/transfer-deadline-live-celtic-rangers-11936801

Strange signing IMO where will he fit in the pecking order? 

I know Hippo isn't an out and out striker but wonder if this move would convince big Sutton he needs to leave to get game time?

I'm a fan of Sutton but hard to see where he fits in now behind Reilly, Mullen and I would imagine Hippolyte, I wouldn't be too disappointed if he went to a Dumbarton or QotS as he still has enough about him to punish other teams in this league...

2 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Good signing. Will play up front, behind the striker or out wide - and could be a long term replacement for Morgan.

Correct. JR said on Saturday that any further signing(s) would be with a view to next season. He'll get his chance during the next 3 months and will then , hopefully , be Morgan's replacement !

7 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Terrific signing, he will also be Morgan's replacement for next season.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think it’s a fairly safe bet Morgan won’t be back next season & we don’t know who else has and hasn’t agreed to stay/ been asked . Decent signing, I think JR is the guy to get the best out of him .

OK

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Exactly! Does this mean Mullen isnt a starter?

Mullen isn't a starter at the moment. It means we have options and competition.

On another note, can mods please set this fella to ignore? Thought I'd done it but he's still polluting my eyeline...

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 minutes ago, Soctty said:
Love a kust rumour me...

to late people now think your an idiot

Know what I think Gary ? When Hippolyte is confirmed everyone should get behind the boy instead of taking uneducated pot shots at him on a forum !