January 2018 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Great signing IMO , I'm on record for asking why we didn't make a move for him before Falkirk got him. He will get the chance to be Morgy's long term replacement , and I'm sure when J&J get him under their wing  they will eradicate some of the ott cheating that his previous managers will have encouraged. Looking forward to seeing him in the stripes !

Falkirk paid a fee at the time when they signed him. Could have possibly been why, though we also had a dumpling in the managers role at the time.

12 minutes ago, melmac said:

You've got to wonder whether Reilly has signed a pre-contract with someone (Hibs?), hence why Mullen came in quickly. Very quiet on that front.

If him has, why would one keep it a secret.

I would hazard a guess,  he's wants,  like most, to play in the Premiership and not tied to another season in the Championship if we didn't  get promoted.  

3 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

What were your thoughts on Reilly when we signed him? What were your thoughts on our manager when we signed him?  As ever, I will give any new signing the time and opportunity to settle in and judge them only once they actually play in our own team's system and under new management.  Some transfers work and others don't irrespective of transfer fees. Time will tell.

Reilly came with a lot of decent promise i got from imguy who scouted and coached him. As most know Inwasnt keen on Ross at the time, and tjose months of defeats he presided over were dire, that said I don't know what other manager in our budget we could have brought in who would have us where we are now.

Hippolyte I have seen and been unimpressed with. Drifts in and out of games, dives and his current manager wont start him. Hartley will be laughing his cock off if he signs for us.

Wonder how many on here remember and regard Isma as a cheat ???

There will be very few professional players at any level that can honestly swear that they have never dived. It's all about coaching and I have 110% faith that JR and JF will tell any player playing for the club what they feel is acceptable.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Reilly came with a lot of decent promise i got from imguy who scouted and coached him. As most know Inwasnt keen on Ross at the time, and tjose months of defeats he presided over were dire, that said I don't know what other manager in our budget we could have brought in who would have us where we are now.

Hippolyte I have seen and been unimpressed with. Drifts in and out of games, dives and his current manager wont start him. Hartley will be laughing his cock off if he signs for us.

Yeah , and the whole world cares what Hartley thinks , said no one ever .

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

:lol::lol::lol:

There will be very few professional players at any level that can honestly swear that they have never dived. It's all about coaching and I have 110% faith that JR and JF will tell any player playing for the club what they feel is acceptable.

Wasn't right when Isma done it either and was rightly banned. Club has a fantastic image at mo. None of our current squad are known as divers and are honest pros. So if we do sign this player I hope JR let's him know it's not acceptable at our club. McMullan was another cheat who played for us look at him now. whether fouled or not the refs think he's diving and book him and makes him a liability.

12 minutes ago, norman said:

If he dives to win us a penalty in a tight game I will be delighted and celebrate it just as much as any other goal, and so will all of you.

There's no doubt fans are willing to overlook transgressions of their own players

Be it a bad tackle, dive or general arsehole behaviour......

31 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
52 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Wasn't right when Isma done it either and was rightly banned. Club has a fantastic image at mo. None of our current squad are known as divers and are honest pros. So if we do sign this player I hope JR let's him know it's not acceptable at our club. McMullan was another cheat who played for us look at him now. whether fouled or not the refs think he's diving and book him and makes him a liability.

So your thoughts on Isma is he is a diving cheat (you will be in a minority of 1 possibly 2 if you do) ?

Can't have one set of rules for a player who did it playing for us and another who did it playing for the opposition.  As I said ALL professionals will have simulated at some stage in their career. Who they are playing for when they did it is irrelevant.  I will give Hippo my full support while he is playing for us.

48 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That made me lol... ha, ha,. I really should have said regards Mullen "does that mean he is a non-starter" as in further down the squad.

but you really made my day by suggesting "Myles gives us someone who could easily step in for Morgan, or Smith" that is the funniest thing I have read on here ever..! Aye jings we are so lucky if Myles signs and weighs in with his "ONE" league goal this season. What a coup.... arf... arf..!

I am glad I gave you a laugh - maybe it will help you move away from so much negativity (though I doubt it)

Do you not read? Mullen is no further down the pecking order - he's still in behind Reilly UNLESS the Manager decides otherwise.

Have you not read the posts where people speak about how dangerous and effective he was against us in several games? (which you were presumably not at?) He also has 6  goals in 16 appearances this season, which ain't that bad for a guy who is a winger, in a team which has been in disarray, with a new manager trying to clear out and build a team without him. In addition Myles creates a good number of goals for others too...

Dundee Utd never rated Smith very much before he came to us.. If he or Morgan gets an injury or suspension - who is going to come on for them if you don't think it will be Myles? Where do you think Jack will have him in the pecking order and where will he play if not in place of either of these guys...  (Oh that's right you did not think Jack would have been any good either - and he signs loads of duds etc etc etc.. Blah Blah)

PS PLEASE STOP making stuff up - "ONE League goal"   See the data from Falkirk's Website below :-

Name         Goals                  Championship     Betfred Cup  IR BR Cup  Scottish Cup

Hyppolyte                 6                                      2                               3                              1                      -   

So your thoughts on Isma is he is a diving cheat (you will be in a minority of 1 possibly 2 if you do) ?
Can't have one set of rules for a player who did it playing for us and another who did it playing for the opposition.  As I said ALL professionals will have simulated at some stage in their career. Who they are playing for when they did it is irrelevant.  I will give Hippo my full support while he is playing for us.
Diving is a cancer in the game. So no matter who you are and dive you are a cheat. plain and simple. I don't know easier way to say it.

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

why do our fans sing CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT at certain players is it cos there only a cheat when they dont play for us.

Why do our fans cheer when one of our players scores a goal but not when they don't play for us?

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am glad I gave you a laugh - maybe it will help you move away from so much negativity (though I doubt it)

Do you not read? Mullen is no further down the pecking order - he's still in behind Reilly UNLESS the Manager decides otherwise.

Have you not read the posts where people speak about how dangerous and effective he was against us in several games? (which you were presumably not at?) He also has 6  goals in 16 appearances this season, which ain't that bad for a guy who is a winger, in a team which has been in disarray, with a new manager trying to clear out and build a team without him. In addition Myles creates a good number of goals for others too...

Dundee Utd never rated Smith very much before he came to us.. If he or Morgan gets an injury or suspension - who is going to come on for them if you don't think it will be Myles? Where do you think Jack will have him in the pecking order and where will he play if not in place of either of these guys...  (Oh that's right you did not think Jack would have been any good either - and he signs loads of duds etc etc etc.. Blah Blah)

PS PLEASE STOP making stuff up - "ONE League goal"   See the data from Falkirk's Website below :-

Name         Goals                  Championship     Betfred Cup  IR BR Cup  Scottish Cup

Hyppolyte                 6                                      2                               3                              1                      -   

My bad, I never knew he had been so prolific in the league with two goals, and the others presumably against pub teams in the diddy cups.   I guess we just have to hope we are lucky with this signing.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

My bad, I never knew he had been so prolific in the league with two goals, and the others presumably against pub teams in the diddy cups.   I guess we just have to hope we are lucky with this signing.

grasping at straws and still too negative....and again making stuff up....

IMO , if & when he becomes a Saints player , like all before him he will get my support from the off. Will I be happy if he was to dive while playing for Saints ? No I won’t be happy but I will continue to support him if the manager is happy to deal with it and if he contributes fully to the cause.
FWIW, many people were not happy when Stelios deliberately elbowed an opposing player but the forgave him pretty damn quick ( well , at least till the Dons game !)