January 2018 Transfer Window

Just now, JM1 said:

I think more creative. He's not a defensive midfielder if I remember correctly.

Thomson was the archetypal box to box type midfielder. A buzz-bomb who fills the gaps left and breaks up play but also has an eye for goal.

If Flynn is in a similar mould, he could be a great addition.

Just now, Drew said:

Thomson was the archetypal box to box type midfielder. A buzz-bomb who fills the gaps left and breaks up play but also has an eye for goal.

If Flynn is in a similar mould, he could be a great addition.

Same age as the captain as well, prime :)

Very decent pedigree with 200 games at league 1 level. No real injury history to speak of, is the correct side of 30 and his addition will also allow Josh to move into his preferred role in the centre. Only positives to be taken from this. 

We've also nipped in ahead of Hibs, Partick Thistle and Dundee Utd to get this done with minimal fuss. More testament to the fantastic work being done by management and board. 

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I remember McManus thumping the turf so hard after a decision went against him that he broke his wrist.

He's a dick.

I like Tam McManus. Me and my mates met him on a night out after we'd survived in 2006 when he was with Dunfermline and we were giving him a bit of good natured needle about it. He spoke to us for about 20 minutes and was certain his goal at Love Street would be enough to do the job for them in the end. He went on his way a short time later and wished us all the best as supporters, remarking that we were a good club. 

Good guy in my book. 

12 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Aye pod , I was in Asda in Elderslie /Paisley earlier but no sign of anyone in particular although , there was a fella that looked remarkably like Billy Mehmet buying some Efes beer in aisle 12. .

efes.jpg

Dream on. :)

Wow ! Wake up this morning only to find out on the forum we  know who is coming so who won the crossword ? Not a player I know but comes with a wealth of experience at a much higher level the icing on the cake the fact my hero captain McGinn played along side him is all I need to know. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

6 hours ago, ron said:

Latics fans not too disappointed to see him go........hope we can change those views if he is coming to us

Ron let the guy settle in. He is one of us now and will be welcmed with open arms Oldham is a place with a dark cloud hanging over it has been for years now the lad is now stepping into sunshine where everyone is smiling such an atmosphere helps to bring the best out wait and see.