St.Ricky

January 2018 Transfer Window

16 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
51 minutes ago, renfrew said:
Yes and I am glad it is the manager and not me that decide.

In all seriousness got to be Mcshane that gets dropped thought that was pretty obvious.

With all his assists :o  and who would takes the penalties :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So now we know 1 so who is 2 ? Would that be the former holding midfield player who used to play for Crew ? 3 will be Hill on loan from Celtic. 

I imagine the second player on Monday will be Hill.

The former Crewe holding mid is presumably not on the radar as with Hill coming in and Magennis moving inside, we'll have plenty of cover in the centre of the park.

Jack has indicated one more in after the two on Monday. I'd like to think that'll be a forward given we have lost 3  in this window and only have Reilly, Mullen and Sutton

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The former Crewe holding mid is presumably not on the radar as with Hill coming in and Magennis moving inside, we'll have plenty of cover in the centre of the park.

Jack has indicated one more in after the two on Monday. I'd like to think that'll be a forward given we have lost 3  in this window and only have Reilly, Mullen and Sutton

I think Smith is classed as a striker, but aye, we could do with one more in.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, renfrew said:
Yes and I am glad it is the manager and not me that decide.

In all seriousness got to be Mcshane that gets dropped thought that was pretty obvious.

As ineffective as some think he is, he does have a lot of assists to his name.

But yes, he would seem the most likely candidate, now that Magennis is back to his best.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think McShane gets unfair criticism on here.

He can be a bit frustrating and slows play down at times (as does McGinn, to be fair) but is pretty effective in more games than not. His assist tally has already been mentioned, but he has other attributes and can pick a decent pass.

Also worth mentioning that he has been an ever-present in a team that is sitting at the top of the league. His goals (penalties, granted, but they still have to be converted) all count.

Competition for places is the key.

100% Agree. In an ideal world we would have at least two very good players for each position.  This provides competition for places and cover for injuries as well as the ability to change tactics.  Jack knows what he is doing. IMO

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Think your right mate reading today's press with Ross . 

I think McShane gets unfair criticism on here.
He can be a bit frustrating and slows play down at times (as does McGinn, to be fair) but is pretty effective in more games than not. His assist tally has already been mentioned, but he has other attributes and can pick a decent pass.
Also worth mentioning that he has been an ever-present in a team that is sitting at the top of the league. His goals (penalties, granted, but they still have to be converted) all count.
Competition for places is the key.
I agree re Mcshane. I'm not sure I watch the same games as some others. He is very often doing one twos and bursting into the box and very much trying to be the creative one between him and McGinn.

However I think it is good to have competition for midfield places. I don't think it's as 'obvious' a choice as some think.

I agree re Mcshane. I'm not sure I watch the same games as some others. He is very often doing one twos and bursting into the box and very much trying to be the creative one between him and McGinn.

However I think it is good to have competition for midfield places. I don't think it's as 'obvious' a choice as some think.

Well seeing as Flynn is predominantly a right sided winger the original question was who gets dropped to accommodate him. Who else apart from Mcshane would anyone drop obviously not Morgan or Mcginn so comes down to a choice between Mcshane and Magennis and from Jack's first day he has talked up Magennis's ability and how he is a central midfielder playing out wide so as much as Mcshane is/has been good this season I can only see Jack going one way and that's Mcshane makes way.

All winning teams have unhappy players sitting on bench or in stand just ask Gregor Buchanan.

JR confirming on the radio that two midfielders will join on Monday, one permanent and one a loan.
What one is the one to cause "The Seethe"?