January 2018 Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Decent in goals? We have less keepers than we do forwards or defenders so we obviously need more cover there. :whistle

Indeed. We're an injury and suspension away from Jamie Langfield being back in goals

1 hour ago, Langbank said:

He pretty much came in already in last chance saloon given his less than stellar attitude at Killie.

Maybe a move over the water and away from the bad influences in his life that Killie fans said was hampering his progression will be a good thing.

The window will be closing shortly, and I will be surprised if the club make any further high profile signings.

Jack and James have always prioritised identifying their targets early and getting them in as soon as possible so they have the best opportunity to settle in. 

I understand that we missed out on one target last week, and will only look elsewhere if the player identified enhances the current squad.

There's always the possibility of an 11th hour signing, but I don't expect much in the way of excitement. That's fine with me - we've got enough to be excited about as things stand.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Apparently we tried for Robbie Muirhead on loan from MK Dons, but it proved too costly. The player was up for the move. Would have been with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.

Getting first team games and well thought of going by press reports. Good calibre obviously out our price range that seems like a few players have fallen through the net must be frustrating for our management team. 

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Getting first team games and well thought of going by press reports. Good calibre obviously out our price range that seems like a few players have fallen through the net must be frustrating for our management team. 

I think it would be more frustrating if we were desperate for new faces. As things stand, we're in a pretty healthy place. If it comes to it, we can go with what we have.

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Got it from a very good source or I wouldn't have posted - not normally one to speculate. Not happening anyway by the sounds of it. 

Apparently we tried for Robbie Muirhead on loan from MK Dons, but it proved too costly. The player was up for the move. Would have been with a view to a permanent deal in the summer.
According to Wikipedia he has played 114 league games and has scored 12 goals not really missing out on much imo.

The fact he has played for 5 teams in 5 years maybe tells a story too ( I might be wrong here) but would think he shows some promise then doesn't live up to it so his previous teams seem happy to let him go after only 1 year.

Did he play at Killie with JF ? It took three attempts to thrash out a deal with Crewe for Harry a year ago , hopefully we're still in the frame .

9 hours ago, Soctty said:

Not happening but something else is mate :rolleyes: