January 2018 Transfer Window

1 minute ago, Big Yards said:

My preference would be Jai Quitongo and Stephen Dobbie 

Bloody hell.

Probably the only thing this forum will ever agree on is relief that our resident Jai Quitongo obsessive is not in charge of our transfer policy!

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Bloody hell.

Probably the only thing this forum will ever agree on is relief that our resident Jai Quitongo obsessive is not in charge of our transfer policy!

Jai Quitongo has apparently been nowhere near the player he was last season. He turns it on against us but we don't need a player that's that inconsistent. Would also need to pay money for him, better options out there. Would have Smith and Reilly in the team ahead of him every day of the week. 

Stephen Dobbie would be far too short term for the money we'd have to pay IMO. 

39 minutes ago, SBS said:
43 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
Thought Smith's was a 1 year loan??? That's what the post title Div started when he signed says.

Hearts have an option to recall in January. They wouldn't let him play against LTHV as they didn't want him cup tied!

If you have a look at the most recent posts on the Liam Smith thread........................

:P

My preference would be Jai Quitongo and Stephen Dobbie 

Loads of clubs at a far higher level and willing to pay higher wages wanted Dobbie. But he has a great affinity for Queens so signed for them. Just like Thommo signing for us. Dobbie wont be playing for any other team in Scotland and has just extended his current contract by a year. So forget about Dobbie.

54 minutes ago, Stu said:

Why are certain posters so obsessed about saying we should sign Dobbie? It's the equivalent of Queen of the South fans saying they'd like to sign Morgan.

They aren't.

It's just Big Yards as far as I'm aware.

Dobbie is now 35. Even if we COULD sign him, I'd be against it given how quickly strikers drop off in ability after a certain age as we've seen with Thommo, Jim Hamilton, Dennis Wyness etc in the last few years.

What's amazing is that within our historical budget range it's hard to see us making big improvements so the question is do we dip into the LewisMorgan money? 

We've a competent keeper :rolleyes: adequate cover at CH & FB, the areas for strengthening are Defensive Midfield (can Gary Mack cover there?) maybe on the wings and cover upfront although unlike others I'm not desperate to get rid of either Sutton or Duffy if we have to substantially sweeten the deals.

We've got a team committed to playing the stylish, high tempo football our management team have devised, for me at the moment it's a case of steady as she goes.

Edited by Bud the Baker

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

What's amazing is that within our historical budget range it's hard to see us making big improvements so the question is do we dip into the LewisMorgan money? 

We've a competent keeper :rolleyes: adequate cover at CH & FB, the areas for strengthening are Defensive Midfield (can Gary Mack cover there?) maybe on the wings and cover upfront although unlike others I'm not desperate to get rid of either Sutton or Duffy if we have to substantially sweeten the deals.

We've got a team committed to playing the stylish, high tempo football our management team have devised, for me at the moment it's a case of steady as she goes.

We badly need a Murray , Goodwin type midfield player and from Jack' s commnts in the local paper that' s what will be brought in so the question is who. Hints on line point to a former Crew midfielder Scott Allen is another name doing the rounds. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We badly need a Murray , Goodwin type midfield player and from Jack' s commnts in the local paper that' s what will be brought in so the question is who. Hints on line point to a former Crew midfielder Scott Allen is another name doing the rounds. 

I know we all would like that Murray/Goodwin character but if we go down that route can we get one that won't cost us in terms of creativity?

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I know we all would like that Murray/Goodwin character but if we go down that route can we get one that won't cost us in terms of creativity?

Magennis can do that role perfectly as shown in last 15 minutes yesterday. He's box to box has a great tackle in him and is a far better prospect that Jim Goodwin or Hugh Murray ever were.

Magennis is the key.

The master of centre midfield

Fitzy, Starky & Lexy rolled into one.

Classy as feck and shirks no tackle.

We don't need anybody else.

With him and Harry in the Team, the Title is ours.

The one type of player I think we need is a John Sutton of 10 years ago with a bit more mobility. If we could pick someone like that up from the lower leagues in England then that would give us more options up front. Our forward line is small and we need height to give us more options and style of play. Ross Stewart I guess hasn't progressed as JR would have liked. I think if we can we should offload Sutton but if we can't get a replacement type then keep him.

Any player we bring in also has to be bought with the view of being capable of playing at Premiership level, so not easy

Edited by lenziebud

15 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

The one type of player I think we need is a John Sutton of 10 years ago with a bit more mobility. If we could pick someone like that up from the lower leagues in England then that would give us more options up front. Our forward line is small and we need height to give us more options and style of play. Ross Stewart I guess hasn't progressed as JR would have liked. I think if we can we should offload Sutton but if we can't get a replacement type then keep him.

Any player we bring in also has to be bought with the view of being capable of playing at Premiership level, so not easy

Chris Kane at Fakes. His loan at QOS is up. 

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I don't think there are any glaring deficiencies in our team so it will be a case of if Jack can get a player just as good or better then we're on to a winner because his record in the transfer market has been very good.

Your right. But one or two on here might disagree with you. :huh: