Best Comeback Ever...................

3 minutes ago, HSS said:

I wonder if there's a similar topic on the Hammarby forum?

:o

Hammarby spelade St. Mirren i 1985 EUFA Cup. Efter ritning te första benet 3-3 hemma var vi 1-0 ner går in i extra tid när vi gjorde två mål att vinna spelet 2-1 och oavgjort 5-4.

Möjligen den bästa comeback någonsin, St Mirren fans fortfarande har mardrömmar om detta spel över 30 år senare!

Edited by Bud the Baker

43 minutes ago, Stu said:

Being 2-0 down at Fir Park before coming back to win 3-2 and secure our SPL status.

Does the second half of last season count?

Certainly, in terms of the club's financial stability, these two events are probably the most important.

I enjoyed this particular comeback in 2000.

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

A guy I used to work with lives close to Fir Park - he said that afternoon was the loudest crowd he'd ever heard at the ground!

February 1977 (I was 13 years old)  and that cup tie with a crowd of 26,709  contained more St. Mirren fans  in Fir Park than there's ever been Motherwell fans  in that ground...ever!!!

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:
15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
This is the best ever. Coupled with the events at Inverness that day, we needed a 5 goal swing in the last 25 minutes and got it.

I know Inverness won 2-1 but did their result actually mean that much to us??? It's all a bit of a blur.

It did. A Dunfermline win or draw would have left us still potentially bottom even with the win.  Coupled with Motherwell beating us, it would've been impossible to catch either had we lost.  

Dunfermline losing meant that they had Motherwell on the last day and both were two points behind us, meaning that one could catch us but not both. 

Edited by djchapsticks

It did. A Dunfermline win or draw would have left us still potentially bottom even with the win.  Coupled with Motherwell beating us, it would've been impossible to catch either had we lost.  
Dunfermline losing meant that they had Motherwell on the last day and both were two points behind us, meaning that one could catch us but not both. 

I thought the Motherwell game was last game of the season??? Are you sure Dunfermline still had to play Motherwell???

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:
17 hours ago, djchapsticks said:
This is the best ever. Coupled with the events at Inverness that day, we needed a 5 goal swing in the last 25 minutes and got it.

I know Inverness won 2-1 but did their result actually mean that much to us??? It's all a bit of a blur.

There were two games to go and we were two points ahead of Dunfermline. Inverness winning meant the gap was four points so we were officially safe with the last weekend remaining.

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

There were two games to go and we were two points ahead of Dunfermline. Inverness winning meant the gap was four points so we were officially safe with the last weekend remaining.

The last game of the season was at home to ICT.........we lost 0-1.

The Fir Park comeback to secure SPL status was by far my favourite. What a day! Gus's tearful interview at the end had me goin an aw on the bus back!

The 4-4 match with Falkirk at Love Street when Martin Cameron and Lee Miller both scored hat tricks was a good one as well. Only time I've seen us come back from 3-0 down at half time.

Edit: Looks like a merge is required btw!

Edited by the digger

On 18/12/2017 at 6:29 PM, the digger said:

The Fir Park comeback to secure SPL status was by far my favourite. What a day! Gus's tearful interview at the end had me goin an aw on the bus back!

The 4-4 match with Falkirk at Love Street when Martin Cameron and Lee Miller both scored hat tricks was a good one as well. Only time I've seen us come back from 3-0 down at half time.

Edit: Looks like a merge is required btw!

I can remember us coming back from 3-0 down on the Saturday and again on the Wednesday at home to Hibs and Dundee utd. 

Glad we got a win today, but losing 2 goals in the first 6 minutes is a worry, apparently on of our goals was a gift as QOS made an arse of a ball in their area. Good that we pulled it back but losing too many goals which I hope doesn't come back to haunt us later in the season
The Tom Hendrie era had a couple of those moments of leaking goals when we went on to win the league. I would look more on the positives from today that we showed the mentality to come back from 2 goals down and went on to win. That takes serious balls. Absolutely buzzing with today![emoji3]

The Tom Hendrie era had a couple of those moments of leaking goals when we went on to win the league. I would look more on the positives from today that we showed the mentality to come back from 2 goals down and went on to win. That takes serious balls. Absolutely buzzing with today![emoji3]

I'm really pleased and not downing our performance in not only coming back but winning. Just at times our ability to let goals go in a relatively short period of time can be a worry. Onwards and upwards and hopefully get a win against Dundee united

On 18/12/2017 at 11:48 AM, djchapsticks said:

Dunfermline played Falkirk at home on the last day and were beaten 3-0.