Stadium Name

Any details on the name of the stadium, since we lost out on the 2021 City of Culture? Will the name be kept for a while to remind us of how close we got, become the 'Your name here" stadium or go back to St.Mirren park? Or something else to stop, particularly radio commentators referring to it as 'New St.Mirren park'

4 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Any details on the name of the stadium, since we lost out on the 2021 City of Culture? Will the name be kept for a while to remind us of how close we got, become the 'Your name here" stadium or go back to St.Mirren park? Or something else to stop, particularly radio commentators referring to it as 'New St.Mirren park'

It's the 2021 until the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Renamed "Champions Stadium" for next season.  :D

24 minutes ago, Deekthebuddie said:

Good suggestion. Think there should be a big party when we go up

To think many were on here dissing DU fans for making assumptions of winning this league. Long way to and probably a good many turns. We are in poll position but, as they say, leagues aren't won in December.

Wouldn't dare diss Dundee United fans in any shape or form as know and am related to some of their fans, and if you properly read my post it said 'WHEN' (big letters now to make it easier to see) we go up,I hope a party or some sort of celebration is held, which I don't see the suggestion as being in anyway disrespectful to any of our opponents. I know there is quite some time left to run but I HOPE our good recent performances serve us well and sincerely hope we go up when this season is done and dusted. Hope this clarifies my views and position regarding my last post.

Ps- what's with the 'Dissing'? What wrong with using insulting, slagging off etc, was wrong with proper English, Innit!

it has never been new st.mirren park. only moronic journalists call it that. it's st.mirren park and hopefully always will be.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

It was St Mirren Park.

Could be the new St Mirren Park.

But never New St Mirren Park!

I hope they simply return the name to St Mirren Park and just like the previous one, a pet name for supporters will evolve through time.

Unless a big major sponsor steps in. 

One of the sad aspects about leaving Love St, apart from all the memories was losing the name. Always thought Love Street had a cool ring to it.
St Mirren Park is the best name for our current home in my opinion. Keep it simple and the team are already building up a new bank of good memories since we've moved to Greenhill Road.