Buddievision - poor value for money

If you compare like for like then look at Hibs TV, buddievision compares favourably at £50 compared to £59 so as a standalone service it works.

SS

It's cheaper yes and quite rightly so. The quality of the Hibs TV production is night and day compared to ours. I think it's great to have the St Mirren TV service, living outside of Scotland like myself means I never have to miss a home game. The service could be better and I think there are always improvements being made. We use students to run the service and as a result the quality of production at time can be hit and miss. As great an idea as it is to have the students running it they need to also keep in mind that people are paying for the service.

Completely agree on your point about having to pay for Buddievision on top of St Mirren TV. For those outside of the UK the two should come hand in hand in my opinion.

I don't have anything to do with the content production but I do look after the BuddieVision subscription service so I can help a wee bit.

Annual St.Mirren TV Subscribers get BuddieVision for free. Just need to email [email protected] with your St.Mirren TV subscription details and that can be sorted.

It's two totally different platforms but accounts can be created no problem and there are already some St.Mirren TV subscribers who have been given their BuddieVision accounts.

On the subject of the quality of the footage, I guess it's a bit of chicken and egg. The more people who subscribe, the more income generated, and the more scope there will be to invest in better quality kit and resource and the service should improve. I think the service so far (and yes I do pay for it same as everyone else) has been pretty good to be honest. Haven't seen the Dundee Utd stuff but sounds like it was a genuine unfortunate series of events that hopefully won't happen again.

Comparing the level of programming on the BBC to the output produced by St.Mirren is a rather petty and pointless IMO!

27 minutes ago, div said:

I don't have anything to do with the content production but I do look after the BuddieVision subscription service so I can help a wee bit.

Annual St.Mirren TV Subscribers get BuddieVision for free. Just need to email [email protected] with your St.Mirren TV subscription details and that can be sorted.

It's two totally different platforms but accounts can be created no problem and there are already some St.Mirren TV subscribers who have been given their BuddieVision accounts.

On the subject of the quality of the footage, I guess it's a bit of chicken and egg. The more people who subscribe, the more income generated, and the more scope there will be to invest in better quality kit and resource and the service should improve. I think the service so far (and yes I do pay for it same as everyone else) has been pretty good to be honest. Haven't seen the Dundee Utd stuff but sounds like it was a genuine unfortunate series of events that hopefully won't happen again.

Comparing the level of programming on the BBC to the output produced by St.Mirren is a rather petty and pointless IMO!

Div is that just for annual St Mirren TV subscribers or does it also apply to those who purchase on a game by game basis?  I actually pay to watch most games on St Mirren TV but avoid the annual subscription as there will be a few within the year that i'll try to attend in person.  Thanks

2 minutes ago, Mearns Saint said:

Div is that just for annual St Mirren TV subscribers or does it also apply to those who purchase on a game by game basis?  I actually pay to watch most games on St Mirren TV but avoid the annual subscription as there will be a few within the year that i'll try to attend in person.  Thanks

Yeah it's for the annual subscribers mate. As the two platforms are totally different it would be an admin nightmare to try and bundle them together on a game by game basis I'm afraid.

On 31/12/2017 at 10:04 PM, Drew said:

Abusing you will never be pointless. Not for me at any rate. I think it's great.

If you think repeatedly dishing out personal abuse to complete strangers online (over 3 years now in my case) when you are around 50 years old is great then wire in chief because behaving like that tells me you have more problems than I know how to solve.

You clearly have issues. Joking apart, I hope you find a way of fixing the hole in your life which has caused your behaviour. Banter is one thing but I am not about to wish ill on someone who has problems. Good luck.

Edited by oaksoft

20 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you think repeatedly dishing out personal abuse to complete strangers online (over 3 years now in my case) when you are around 50 years old is great then wire in chief because behaving like that tells me you have more problems than I know how to solve.

You clearly have issues. Joking apart, I hope you find a way of fixing the hole in your life which has caused your behaviour. Banter is one thing but I am not about to wish ill on someone who has problems. Good luck.

That's very kind of you. With your best wishes behind me, driving me along, I'm sure I can discover a way of re-establishing genuine meaning in my life.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Really glad I joined this brilliant interviews on a regular basis full match games if you want to watch it brilliant value. Would like to see the training ground and a bit of what goes on there . 

They're going to do that eventually but apparently it'll be broadcast after the watershed :lol:

4 hours ago, BaldyOzBud said:

Not lazy, just slow, I'll be over in April for the last four games and the title party.

You're correct about the b'stard bit though B)

You may as well hang on till May for the Scottish Cup Final win and the triumphant Open Top Bus Parade.

• 2 months later...
On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My good lady got me Chris Brookmyre's Want You Gone for Christmas on Wednesday  will be hanging around heathrow for 6 hours before a 12 hour flight down to Cape Town for a holiday so well pleased to get Chris book.

I love Cape Town and the Western Cape IOBS

Been there many times for work and holiday.

Hope it went well and you didn't get dizzy dancing on Long Street!

Music all the way.

• 2 weeks later...

BuddieVision still have not addressed the poor quality of picture which they provide.

At yesterday's game, the camera shots from behind the goals were so much sharper than those from the main camera at the side of the pitch.

Is it not time that BuddieVision invested in more modern equipment?

The supporters deserve better.

27 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

BuddieVision still have not addressed the poor quality of picture which they provide.

At yesterday's game, the camera shots from behind the goals were so much sharper than those from the main camera at the side of the pitch.

That's a shame I get buddie vision in ultra 4k HD mind its a extra 50p a month. 

Indeed...
Once we have put the astroturf cash back in the piggy bank... ...

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the problem is with BuddieVision but the quality is pish. It’s like watching an old VHS tape that was recorded off a telly with a shite aerial.
I know a fiver a month isn’t exactly a huge amount of cash but the quality is very poor and other teams seem to be able to produce an HD product. Why can’t we?
The quality is bad enough on my iPad but if I airplay it to my 4K telly it’s like watching Scotsport from the 80’s.

• 8 months later...

Must be a bit of a bummer.

Fans looking forward to the Cup Tie and having forked out an extortionate £17 for a ticket.

They then head over to the Official Website for latest Cup Tie news, interviews , etc.

But, unless they have paid more money for Buddievision, they are politely told to feck off.

It's a fecking racket.

I've hardly been on the Official Site for over over a year. 

There is no point.

If the Club didn't waste so much fecking money on fecking shite players and managers.