Buddievision - poor value for money

It was also said if you had a 1 year St Mirren TV subscription that you woud get the Buddievision content as well. That never happened, they still want the additional fee. 

I would imagine very few people are paying for this. It creates negative sentiment amongst loyal customers who (rightly) see this as a piss-take when placed on top of everything else fans fork out for. It actually creates bad PR impact, when the job of the communications team is to use this type of content for positive PR and reaching out to more people. From a business point of view, its not making sense. Time to can it.

43 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It was also said if you had a 1 year St Mirren TV subscription that you woud get the Buddievision content as well. That never happened, they still want the additional fee. 

I would imagine very few people are paying for this. It creates negative sentiment amongst loyal customers who (rightly) see this as a piss-take when placed on top of everything else fans fork out for. It actually creates bad PR impact, when the job of the communications team is to use this type of content for positive PR and reaching out to more people. From a business point of view, its not making sense. Time to can it.

Could you let us know what football club has a free TV channel as I'm not sure there is one ? 

For me, Buddivision was fine the Championship where getting access to highlights was a bit hit and miss. In the top league you have sportscene (albeit on at all hours) and BBC put up the highlights of all games at 6pm on the Sunday and the quality is good.

As mentioned above if you are charging for something it has to be of sufficient quality. Buddievision isn’t IMO. The best friends thing they do is a bit of a laugh but there isn’t enough of that type of thing, I have no interest press conferences and after match interviews with a couple of players.

The standard it is now it should be free with season tickets or you get a code with every matchup ticket for a 2 week subscription.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Totally agree. Aside from season ticket costs, money spent at the ground on matchdays,monthly SMISA costs, you are also expected to subscribe to buddie f**king vision to hear interviews from the players and manager ?

It's a total piss take.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

That's not true, I pay for Saints TV and get access to Buddievision as well, all I had to do was send them my email that I use for SMFC TV and they added it to the buddievision login list.

3 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

That's not true, I pay for Saints TV and get access to Buddievision as well, all I had to do was send them my email that I use for SMFC TV and they added it to the buddievision login list.

That's good for you.

Would be preferable if the club could email the loyal SMFC TV subscribers with their login details for Buddievision! Clearly the resources aren't there to run it properly, just put the interviews up for free if that's the case!

IOBS - St Mirren TV is a very good service, BuddieVision is a piss take though. Most other clubs will put their interviews etc up for free. Those that charge have a big enough fan base that they can run a professional service. Even Hibs TV was night and day compared to our output.

I'm not having a go at Jimbo here btw, who does a great job running our social media accounts. I'd imagine its a one man job though and to expect him to run a professional pay per view subscription service as well as everything else is ridiculous.

The only reason I found that out was I asked, have you?

I agree that it would be better if one group could speak to the other but as you say clearly a lack of resources hence me getting off my backside and sorting it, often think people would rather moan than just try and resolve a question themselves.

42 minutes ago, barrhead saint said:

Totally agree. Aside from season ticket costs, money spent at the ground on matchdays,monthly SMISA costs, you are also expected to subscribe to buddie f**king vision to hear interviews from the players and manager ?

It's a total piss take.

You are not expected to, it's your own choice and there is no long term commitment. I choose to use it now and again. I've renewed 3 times this season on a monthly basis, so £15 i've spent. What's that, the price on average of 4 extra pints in the pub this season. 

I'm sure it will be reviewed end of season, though i do agree, maybe offering a 1-3 months free subscription to season ticket holders and free to annual St Mirren TV users, would be a good idea.

3 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

The only reason I found that out was I asked, have you?

I agree that it would be better if one group could speak to the other but as you say clearly a lack of resources hence me getting off my backside and sorting it, often think people would rather moan than just try and resolve a question themselves.

Div had said this would be the case, so I emailed the club and (as always) received no response.

It would have been a days work to go through the SMFC subscribers and email them a log in for the service. Clearly nobody can be arsed to do it though, particularly as there are mugs out there willing to pay twice. As I said, bad PR sentiment created amongst loyal customers, a particular talent of our commercial department.

I don't give a toss about hearing a few interviews by the way, I just get very frustrated at how poorly St Mirren have always done with communication and commercial development. 

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Div had said this would be the case, so I emailed the club and (as always) received no response.

It would have been a days work to go through the SMFC subscribers and email them a log in for the service. Clearly nobody can be arsed to do it though, particularly as there are mugs out there willing to pay twice. As I said, bad PR sentiment created amongst loyal customers, a particular talent of our commercial department.

I don't give a toss about hearing a few interviews by the way, I just get very frustrated at how poorly St Mirren have always done with communication and commercial development. 

Surely that's because we don't have a proper commercial person in charge I have often wondered how well we would do with someone at the helm in that department who is properly trained in that field 

1 hour ago, barrhead saint said:

It's a total piss take.

full match or highlights plus classic games. Used to get the PDE daily to keep up with Saints news when I lived locally.  Buddie Vision is not more expensive than buying the PDE.