Dean Shiels

Don't ever remember hearing anything when we played Kilmarnock, but that's not say it hasn't ever happened.

When I went to their stadium I was too busy trying not to kneecap myself when I stood up or trying to ignore the shouts of abuse at our own players.

Why mention St.Mirren and then say he gets it every week?

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Don't ever remember hearing anything when we played Kilmarnock, but that's not say it hasn't ever happened.

When I went to their stadium I was too busy trying not to kneecap myself when I stood up or trying to ignore the shouts of abuse at our own players.

Why mention St.Mirren and then say he gets it every week?

I don't get the so called "support" who can't wait to shout abuse at our players but, IMO, focusing on a players disability is a different level of utter bawbaggery. 

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

I think its absolutely disgusting what's happening to this lad. Falkirk fans that were involved in this are nothing but scum or anybody involved in this disgraceful behaviour. I hope the police tracked down those behind this and prosecute all them.

Don't forget the abuse he received against St Mirren, although this recent carry on is another level. 

Mocking any disability - mental or physical is disgusting.

I would imagine that dealing with facial disfigurement is particularly hard for sufferers - especially with morons like those described above acting like wee d*ckish bullyboy cowards.

Utter scumbags - who should be rooted out and shamed.

If any exist within our own ranks, I hope the club can identify them and get them to f*ck... permenantly.

16 hours ago, Dave The Buddie said:

His father said that we abused his son around his disability. Is this true? I would be ashamed.

Dean Shiels: Dunfermline midfielder abused 'every week', says father Kenny Shielshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42554822

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42554822

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/7706980.stm

Why did his father pick out St.Mirren, then say it happens everywhere. Or is that the BBC dragging through historic articles.

St.Mirren as I recall or remember,  publically appologised  for the behavour of an eliment of their supporters, has any other club.

Hope the fans that were responsible, were identied and shown the door or at least be ashamed of themshelves.    

Edited by pod

By 'eck we all love a bandwagon to follow!

things said/done around Dean Shiels have no place in football, however if you are intent that those responsible should be f**ked & burned then there are probably many thousands of saints and other clubs fans also looking at lifetime bans/prosecution/hanging etc....

i doubt there has been any perceived weakness be it physical, emotional, mental in opposition players and management that hasn't been jumped on and used as a form of abuse by one or more at St Mirren park, and every other ground in the country.

where was the outcry regarding Morton fans being repeatedly heard singing on live TV  "Lewis Morgan.... We Know Where You Live" throughout Tuesday's game..? Is that a greater/lesser abuse than what Shiels has had to put up with?

it has no place in a sporting event, but then again neither does 'sledging' in cricket, rugby etc. Instead of hanging the odd one or two misguided villagers for their stupidity, why dont the autorities seek to educate everyone, rather than litigate a handful..?

Get Shiels Jnr & Snr in an online as campaign explaining what it feels like to have a shower of imbeciles shouting/throwing stuff linked to your affliction. How it makes you relive the hurt, fear, pain, depression etc... get it out front and centre, do something positive to change knuckle dragging mindsets, rather than simply pointing fingers and saying "at least its no oor mob that have been caught..... this time!"

We all know Kenny shiels has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to us so no surprise that we are mentioned in a negative manner.

I know it's not right but most players get abused every game it's just because of his disability that's being highlighted.

Dave Bowman of utd never complained when he was abused for his disability

I remember it , I was standing close by. It stemmed from an earlier game when Shiels got a straight red for an over the baller on Billy Mehmet and he was up to his tricks again when he was subbed in the game concerned. I believe the shout was "Taxi for Cyclops" and Shiels went nuts !

19 hours ago, billyg said:

I remember it , I was standing close by. It stemmed from an earlier game when Shiels got a straight red for an over the baller on Billy Mehmet and he was up to his tricks again when he was subbed in the game concerned. I believe the shout was "Taxi for Cyclops" and Shiels went nuts !

Whilst l don't condone what those guys said I wouldn't condemn them considering what Shiels had just done to Billy Mehmet , especially since Billy is a bit of a folk hero in Saint Mirren circles. .