£300,000 for Morgan and get him back for the rest of the season

Go 8 points clear at the top of the league with only 14 games to play

Still to come in this month

Beat Aberdeen in the Scottish cup plus a good wee cheque from the BBC

Beat Dunfermline and killing off their challenge

Hibs sell John McGinn to Celtic for £4M :lol:

You'll need to sweeten her up a bit then.       :wub:

Edited by pod

Fantastic performance from us today on a shocker of a pitch. 2nd half I though our midfield were superb. Again Harry Davis strolled through the game. class player. young Magennis is back to his best. But MoM today I thought was McGinn thought he was outstanding. but you could have picked anyone of the team today.

Magennis my MotM today, but there were a few candidates.

Cammy Smith tremendous as ever, and McGinn a class apart despite the odd wayward ball. I thought McShane played well and picked out some great balls. No failures today. We have a solid, cohesive squad, and that will count for a huge amount during the run-in.

First half was scrappy, albeit we were never in danger. Stepped it up a bit in the 2nd and strolled through the match.

As has been mentioned, the surface was awful, but the players went about their business in a professional manner and got the job done with minimum fuss.

Absolutely controlled this from start to finish. Looked like Champions in waiting. Intricate passing from defence to create space impressed. Quick on the break when their set pieces broke  down. If I had a concern it was that we were so on top without scoring. Quickly rectified in the second half and after that we played while smoking the proverbial cigar. Samson hardly called into action and, on the one occasion it did happen, he stepped up to the plate. McGennis back to his best. McGinn superb. Stelios? Ecks will need to prove a lot to get back in. Morgan was, well, Morgan. But my man of the match in a team devoid of failures was, once again, Jack Baird. 8 points. It's almost becoming an unassailable lead. A rest from the league but I'm not sure I want that right now.

Cheerfully asked the family if they fancied a takeaway for tea tonight. Daughter then asked, "Did St Mirren win again dad?"
Still a loooong way to go, but a great day for us again and another game less to play in the run-in.
The pressure will be starting to build on Utd and we have the best young manager in Scotland driving us forward. It could all change in a matter of a few weeks, but the momentum is with us. One game at a time, but looking good so far and we're all enjoying the ride.
Well done again to Jack and the boys.

Excellent performance today on a dodgy looking surface we still knocked it about well. Totally dominated start to finish only slight gripe was that we should have scored far more final ball let us down sometimes. Magennis getting stronger every week he could be our main man next season. Bairdy and Davis didn't look like they had to break sweat and mcginn and stelios had excellent games. Special mention to cammy smith though he puts himself about works hard and links up all the play but it's the consistency of his performances that makes him our top man so far this season imo

Absolutely bossed the game today from start to finish. Kyle Magennis MOTM for me, thought he was outstanding & back to the form of last season.

The pitch was terrible but we somehow still managed to knock the ball about well & Dumbarton didn’t get a sniff all afternoon.

Slightly disappointed we didn’t score more, we had some decent chances but never managed to convert them.

Another difficult away game next up for us in the league. Another 3 points would be great.

COYS

Totally agree about Kyle. Bossed it today and i thought he was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch.

Great win and St Mirren controlled the game from start to finish. It's pity i had to sit in the away end with my brother to watch my team. Dumbarton are a disgrace of a football club. It's bad enough that they charge £22  for a ticket only to arrive and find no seats in the St Mirren end! Not blaming any of our fans for this because the stewards advice was to "just sit anywhere". Considering the price we paid, when the steward told us you'll have to sit anywhere or be asked to leave i advised him he would need to throw us out because we wanted to sit together. Needless to say when we scored we couldn't celebrate but i'm not that bothered about that.  If anyone had any sense at Dumbarton they could have shifted their own supporters along  to allow the St mirren fans to sit in their own end but all they were interested in was taking our money. I will be making a formal complaint to Dumbarton FC and see what response i get probably none...

We were well on top the whole game and played really well at points but a tad wasteful in front of goal. Could and possibly should have won by more as I felt Dumbarton were as poor a Dumbarton side as I have seen in a while. They offered very little and I felt we could have really hammered them today if we had put our mind to it.

That lad should have been off for that assault on the touchline on stelios. A red card every day of the week. I thought Stelios had a great game as did McGinn and McGennis.

I thought Jack Baird was immense again. He has been playing very well for the buds for the last few months and a bit of unsung hero. Everyone talks about the clean sheets kept since Davis came back but I think it is more to do with Bairds performance and the fact he is playing alongside a good player like Davis rather than Buchanan. Davis is great defender and we are lucky to have signed him but it is a tad frustrating how Baird doesn't quite get the recognition I feel his performances of late actually merit. I think Davis would have struggled alongside Buchanan in those first few months. Just my opinion.

Over 40 goals from Reilly, Smith and Morgan. Very Impressive stuff!

In my lifetime of watching the saints we have won the league in 1999/2000 and 2005/2006. In each of those season's we were run very close by other teams but it really does lool like this side could win this league by some distance. I know it sounds like I am getting ahead of myself but the bottom line is we are just so much better all over the park than every other team in this league.

This side is going places.

31 minutes ago, Drew said:

Magennis my MotM today, but there were a few candidates.

Cammy Smith tremendous as ever, and McGinn a class apart despite the odd wayward ball. I thought McShane played well and picked out some great balls. No failures today. We have a solid, cohesive squad, and that will count for a huge amount during the run-in.

First half was scrappy, albeit we were never in danger. Stepped it up a bit in the 2nd and strolled through the match.

As has been mentioned, the surface was awful, but the players went about their business in a professional manner and got the job done with minimum fuss.

I concur. .

We now have a nice gap opening up that should easily see us stay clear now and the new editions should help consolidate our League leadership. .

COYS

21 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Great win and St Mirren controlled the game from start to finish. It's pity i had to sit in the away end with my brother to watch my team. Dumbarton are a disgrace of a football club. It's bad enough that they charge £22  for a ticket only to arrive and find no seats in the St Mirren end! Not blaming any of our fans for this because the stewards advice was to "just sit anywhere". Considering the price we paid, when the steward told us you'll have to sit anywhere or be asked to leave i advised him he would need to throw us out because we wanted to sit together. Needless to say when we scored we couldn't celebrate but i'm not that bothered about that.  If anyone had any sense at Dumbarton they could have shifted their own supporters along  to allow the St mirren fans to sit in their own end but all they were interested in was taking our money. I will be making a formal complaint to Dumbarton FC and see what response i get probably none...

I too was decanted to the away end today. Was a quite disgraceful display of complete disinterest and lethargic stewarding all around. With the extra money that Dumbarton FC took from us today, you expect the stewarding to be not only professional but at least semi-competent. Today was neither of these things.

They were happy to skin us extra money to captialise on a large travelling support but maintained the same level of unorganised, unprofessional dross that presumably stewards a crowd of two men and a dug every week.

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I too was decanted to the away end today. Was a quite disgraceful display of complete disinterest and lethargic stewarding all around. With the extra money that Dumbarton FC took from us today, you expect the stewarding to be not only professional but at least semi-competent. Today was neither of these things.

They were happy to skin us extra money to captialise on a large travelling support but maintained the same level of unorganised, unprofessional dross that presumably stewards a crowd of two men and a dug every week.

Most of our support was in the away end so you should have been happy. :P

I really don't blame Dumbarton as they were always going to sell out no matter the price, within some sort of reason. With my grandson getting in free and me refusing to add to the cost by using their overpriced stalls it wasn't that expensive for a fabulous Saints performance. It's the system that allows them to overcharge but, as a club, we'd be the pot calling the kettle black as we've had a 3 tier system for charging entry.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Most of our support was in the away end so you should have been happy. :P

I really don't blame Dumbarton as they were always going to sell out no matter the price, within some sort of reason. With my grandson getting in free and me refusing to add to the cost by using their overpriced stalls it wasn't that expensive for a fabulous Saints performance. It's the system that allows them to overcharge but, as a club, we'd be the pot calling the kettle black as we've had a 3 tier system for charging entry.

My issue is less about price though than it was about the lax, uninterested stewarding. It was lazy from stewards and the easy option to go 'aye, just sit anywhere', because actually seating people in seats would require doing some work.

I'm really not a 'this is my seat and I bought it' type of person or one for budging folk so I was OK with going across but I'm afraid that if you know you're selling out an allocation, to capacity you have to be prepared that everyone is in their correct seat and organise it efficiently. Basic health and safety. You wouldn't go to a gig or on a flight and accept that sort of nonsense, so why should a part time rent a steward mob be held to any lesser standards or less accountable? Also, not a sleight on anyone who was sitting in an incorrect seat....this was a direct instruction from those running the operation so obviously you're going to secure a preferred seat. Had they run it professionally, then people would have went to allocated seating without any issue like we manage to do in every other match.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

My issue is less about price though than it was about the lax, uninterested stewarding. It was lazy from stewards and the easy option to go 'aye, just sit anywhere', because actually seating people in seats would require doing some work.

I'm really not a 'this is my seat and I bought it' type of person or one for budging folk so I was OK with going across but I'm afraid that if you know you're selling out an allocation, to capacity you have to be prepared that everyone is in their correct seat and organise it efficiently. Basic health and safety. You wouldn't go to a gig or on a flight and accept that sort of nonsense, so why should a part time rent a steward mob be held to any lesser standards or less accountable? Also, not a sleight on anyone who was sitting in an incorrect seat....this was a direct instruction from those running the operation so obviously you're going to secure a preferred seat. Had they run it professionally, then people would have went to allocated seating without any issue like we manage to do in every other match.

They were instructed to do this due to he mixup fiasco in the selling of tickets. Due to the fact that, and no one's admitting the blame, folk were buying adult tickets and being told to contact Dumbarton for their free kid's ticket. This meant the adult and kid would be seated in totally different places. The only way Dumbarton could try to solve this was to allow the flexibility. Not ideal but could you see another way?

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

They were instructed to do this due to he mixup fiasco in the selling of tickets. Due to the fact that, and no one's admitting the blame, folk were buying adult tickets and being told to contact Dumbarton for their free kid's ticket. This meant the adult and kid would be seated in totally different places. The only way Dumbarton could try to solve this was to allow the flexibility. Not ideal but could you see another way?

Fair enough, wasn't really aware of such an allocation fiasco for kids tickets, just a pricing issue.

38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Careful guys, faraway might be calling by shortly to accuse you of being over dramatic:o

FWIW, I think those if you affected handles it pretty well, all things considered.