1-3 New Players Coming In.

I hope Ross has learned from bringing in older journeymen like Duffy, and young unproven at the level we are aiming at players like Stewart, and brings in a couple of real premiership quality additions who are good to go.
its no use looking at lower league players, or older past it guys, or even the likes of Quitongo & Hippolyte who their own managers dont fancy regularly for 90 minutes. The likes of  McGinn, Davis, Reilly, Smith & Smith are the calibre we need. Its time to not only aspire to be in the top flight, but be seen to be going about your business like you are top flight.
Whilst I think I know what you really mean, it did bring a smile as McGinn, Davis, Reilly, Smith & Smith were all players that their previous managers didn't fancy regularly for 90 minutes..... but in calibre worked for what we need, therefore can't exclude on that basis alone. Not an exact science but hope that the 1 to 3 players Jack is looking at turnout to provide the additional strength to take us over the line..... also journeymen in squad and youth for future is part of most managerial selections. during the summer.... January window is different and as Jack has stated the overall level of performance from so many will make it difficult to get players better then those on the park.... clearly not the same problem 12 months ago... and a nicer problem to have.

Early season I was convinced Morgan would have been away in January so delighted he is out first key signing for the 2nd half of the season.

2 hours ago, melmac said:

Sutton does not need a lot of pace (not that ever really had it), he can hold the ball up pretty well for people to run off; he has a presence in the box at set pieces; and the centre halfs he's playing against are mostly big tall chaps with nae pace as well. When Sutton came on for his 5 minute cameo against Morton, he nearly created a goal at the death because a short arse went off and they suddenly realised someone with physicality was on.

I agree Sutton has changed games in the past, and made a difference on Tuesday, but the manager doesn't really want him, so I wouldn't be surprised if he went and someone more to the manager's liking came in.

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Our pool is still quite tight. I would go for players who can provide Competition/Cover for the following would be my choices:

Midfield ball winner.

Tall Striker.

Young Ross Stewart  is banging in the goals at Alloa, and he is very tall

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Our pool is still quite tight. I would go for players who can provide Competition/Cover for the following would be my choices:

Midfield ball winner.

Tall Striker.

My thoughts precisely. My view is we should be looking for better than we have, regardless of how difficult that is in our current position. I'm quite sure that will be Jack's thoughts too.

23 minutes ago, Jaybee65 said:

Would we take Craig Storie back on loan? Type of player we need IMO

No.

He's pish.

I don't get this constant mention of Duffy.

It was quite clear that he was signed as experienced cover for Super Gav, if he was injured or suffered a loss of form. Neither happened, and Gav's a fit guy who has racked up a lot of game time.

Now that Mullen is here, Duffy is surplus to requirements.

Duffy was a cheap option who should be fairly easy to offload.

No.

He's pish.

I don't get this constant mention of Duffy.

It was quite clear that he was signed as experienced cover for Super Gav, if he was injured or suffered a loss of form. Neither happened, and Gav's a fit guy who has racked up a lot of game time.

Now that Mullen is here, Duffy is surplus to requirements.

Duffy was a cheap option who should be fairly easy to offload.

Thank you for your constructive reply.....................

On 05/01/2018 at 5:31 PM, Jaybee65 said:

Would we take Craig Storie back on loan? Type of player we need IMO

If that were to happen that it would be a permanent deal I'd imagine: his contract expires in a few months and he's completely out of the picture at Aberdeen.

JR has mentioned his desire for a central midfielder but has also said whoever comes in would have to fight to get into the team. Once Magennis, McGinn, Mallan, Smith and Morgan got into the groove last season, Storie was basically their back-up on the bench. He would be resuming that role.

Jack spoke highly of Storie when he brought him in so, unless he's been put off by working with him day to day, then I think there must be a good chance he'll return. Still only 21.