What A Belter

Picking up a hired car at Cape Town airport while  in the Avios office the guy next to us was from N.I got his keys and left with me still going through the paper work. 2 min later the guy from NI returns for what turned out to be comedy gold - guy from NI - That is not the car you showed me in the picture. Avios clerk- It is sir its a Toyota Corolla. Guy from NI. - No the one you showed me on the computer screen is white the one out there is silver. Avios clerk- Sir the car on the screen was a Toyota Corolla that is what you have. Guy from NI. Starts raising his voice with his face getting reder he says look you showed me a white car you said this is the car you will get , its not white its silver. Avios clerk - sir its a Toyota Corolla I showed you that' what you got. Guy from NI was making a song and dance out of this eventually driving away in a white Toyota Corolla. with the local Avios clerk was bewildered the expressions on his face was priceless.    We were laughing for ages it was like an Irish joke played out in front of you. 

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Picking up a hired car at Cape Town airport while  in the Avios office the guy next to us was from N.I got his keys and left with me still going through the paper work. 2 min later the guy from NI returns for what turned out to be comedy gold - guy from NI - That is not the car you showed me in the picture. Avios clerk- It is sir its a Toyota Corolla. Guy from NI. - No the one you showed me on the computer screen is white the one out there is silver. Avios clerk- Sir the car on the screen was a Toyota Corolla that is what you have. Guy from NI. Starts raising his voice with his face getting reder he says look you showed me a white car you said this is the car you will get , its not white its silver. Avios clerk - sir its a Toyota Corolla I showed you that' what you got. Guy from NI was making a song and dance out of this eventually driving away in a white Toyota Corolla. with the local Avios clerk was bewildered the expressions on his face was priceless.    We were laughing for ages it was like an Irish joke played out in front of you. 

It's the way you tell em........................................:)

24 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Enjoy mate.Love Cape Town and cant wait to return.The big red bus is great value for money and lets you see the place while having a wee shandy or 5.V+A waterfront,Camps Bay etc.I,m jealous my good friend.

1 hour ago, northendsaint said:

Enjoy mate.Love Cape Town and cant wait to return.The big red bus is great value for money and lets you see the place while having a wee shandy or 5.V+A waterfront,Camps Bay etc.I,m jealous my good friend.

100% agreed, beautiful part of the world.

IOBS, a word of warning about your car hire.

I hope you checked over the vehicle's bodywork before you drove out of the Avis car park at Cape Town airport. We've hired from there twice before and both times they tried to steal money from our credit card account weeks after we got home for "damage" to the vehicle. 

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

100% agreed, beautiful part of the world.

IOBS, a word of warning about your car hire.

I hope you checked over the vehicle's bodywork before you drove out of the Avis car park at Cape Town airport. We've hired from there twice before and both times they tried to steal money from our credit card account weeks after we got home for "damage" to the vehicle. 

Aye, take pictures of the car, all areas, good and bad, as evidence.