St Mirren Half Time Report Written By Dundee U fan

Maybe a few posters on here should reference this first before posting negativity.

There seems to be an unusually high amount of negative posts despite as the Dundee United has pointed out fans of other teams are looking at us with a bit of jealousy as everyone and everything is going in the right direction down Greenhill Road.

Yes - it's a great time to be a Saints fan - things are looking rosy at the moment and it's more than likely at this stage that we will win the championship.

We are winning most of our games and there is a feel good factor which is less likely to happen if we get into the SPL next season.

The question is can we overcome the financial hurdles of the SPL where we will be one of the 'poorer' clubs and achieve a top six finish?

Can we hold on to JR and JF for at least a couple of seasons more, and if not, can we keep the momentum going with their replacements?

Is it worth getting promoted for the "privilege" of rubbing shoulders with the two ugly sisters?

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yeah, saw the link posted on P&B.

At the moment we're top of the division and our two main fears for this window - one losing Morgan isn't happening and the other losing Liam Smith now looks unlikely.

We've sorta been told that there's two coming in, presumably one a Defensive Midfielder and the other cover for upfront - that makes three if you count Mullen who arrived early and now looks bedded into the squad.

As I've said previously I wouldn't want rid of either Sutton or Duffy if we have to sweeten the deal too much, in 2018 it's very much a squad game and some of them ain't gonna see too much game time - nice work if you can get it, I say! Jealous - you betcha!

Again as I've said elsewhere from here on in it's a question of steady as she goes and maintaining the high energy approach we've had for the last 12 months. Yet another thing I've said elsewhere is that we're now seeing the benefit of HD's arrival in the first team with the confidence he generates giving other team members the confidence to concentrate on their primary roles.

We're already stronger than we were at the start of the season - is there another team in the division where Gary Mack wouldn't be an automatic start? There's more to come. Some caution is required as nothing has been won yet, but I have confidence in JR and the squad he's built.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Which Stadium in the SPFL Premiership would we be taking 2000 travelling fans ? 

Maybe in an end of Season relegation decider. 

Rest of the time would be an average of 500.

Especially with prices between £20 and £27.

I would attend none. 

3 hours ago, shull said:

Which Stadium in the SPFL Premiership would we be taking 2000 travelling fans ? 

Maybe in an end of Season relegation decider. 

Rest of the time would be an average of 500.

Especially with prices between £20 and £27.

I would attend none. 

If the team competes Shull that determines whether We get a decent away support at least it does for me. 

7 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Hamilton don't get 2000 at home emoji16.png

And that is not a problem. 

They do magnificently with the resources they have and absolutely deserve to be where they are in the SPFL PREMIERSHIP. 

I do think Shull has a point though

Whether or not we win the league, beat Aberdeen in Cup, get plaudits from everyone on how we play, attract an extra 1500 through the gates, and have a BOD and Chairman who is the most open we have had in decades

The fact that Jack didn't take Raith Rovers seriously in the Diddy Cup is unforgivable:D:D

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ah well mate

Take them to Falkirk last game of the season to see us win league instead, not as big I grant u :withstupid

The Title will be secured long before then and I will be there.