Its Plastic Nightmares

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Plastic is the gold of oil companies. China the biggest producer. We can ban it but the rest of the world ? 

Indeed , look at the globe and you can see just how small a country we are , with a relatively small population on a planetary scale. We can still take responsibility for our own mess. You certainly don't see plastic bags littering the countryside as much before the government charge but we still need to educate people about dropping litter and maybe provide more bins . .

Scotland is the worst country l have ever seen for litter and chewing gum stuck to pavements . Lazy manufacturers and lazy consumers . Retailers have a responsibility too for the consumers that leave their rubbish outside their premises. .

Nothing worse than stepping on chewing gum and walking into the house or car (except maybe walking on chewing gum and dog shit)
The streets of Paisley are littered with both. Singapore introduced a ban on chewing gum about 15 years ago, it’s the cleanest city I’ve ever been to. No litter and no graffiti, so it can be done.

3 hours ago, Russian Saint said:

Nothing worse than stepping on chewing gum and walking into the house or car (except maybe walking on chewing gum and dog shit)
The streets of Paisley are littered with both. Singapore introduced a ban on chewing gum about 15 years ago, it’s the cleanest city I’ve ever been to. No litter and no graffiti, so it can be done.

It's forty years since l was in Singapore but even then the cleanliness was impressive , possibly Germany being the cleanest country in Europe I have visited but even England is cleaner than up here , some of the slip roads off our motorways are dumping grounds , very poor. .

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:50 AM, renfrew said:

If your not experiencing or If you don't know about someone suffering due to the Global complications from medical plastic polypropylene mesh implants, then you probably have never heard of it.  Please take a couple of minutes to visit this website at www.scottishmeshsurvivors.com  and see the human carnage of plastic being put into humans and the inaction of those with the power to halt this catastrophe.  Thanks for stopping by the website and please spread the word.  Although Scotland has had a mesh suspension since 2014, these devices are still available in Scotland and the U.K. and can be consented to.  Level 1 scientific evidence has proved mesh implants to be too risky and a lifetime risk. By all means save the animals and wildlife of this planet, but also the humans.  

With the health minister Shona Robison resigning :clapping:clapping:clapping  I hope the new health minister isn't a **** like Robison was, and help the hundreds of woman in this country that have been damaged beyond repair by mesh implants under this SNP government.

• 2 months later...
On Saturday, June 23, 2018 at 11:19 AM, oaksoft said:

I apologise for not keeping up with the minutiae of the personal lives of other posters

Oaky.  I take it this was aimed at me. If I were F Man then I would start to worry that my fascination with another poster was becoming obsessional and consider either leaving the forum or seeking help. 

On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 9:44 AM, saintnextlifetime said:

Indeed , look at the globe and you can see just how small a country we are , with a relatively small population on a planetary scale. We can still take responsibility for our own mess. You certainly don't see plastic bags littering the countryside as much before the government charge but we still need to educate people about dropping litter and maybe provide more bins . .

At football grounds for a start. Great place to send out a strong message rather than dropping our leavings onto the ground. Simple,  cheap but effective as well as educational. 

53 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Oaky.  I take it this was aimed at me. If I were F Man then I would start to worry that my fascination with another poster was becoming obsessional and consider either leaving the forum or seeking help. 

More fecking irony. 

Time you took up a new hobby. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

At football grounds for a start. Great place to send out a strong message rather than dropping our leavings onto the ground. Simple,  cheap but effective as well as educational. 

Got shiriked at Love Street years ago by a policeman for dropping coffee cup on the ground in the North Bank. The dude was pretty furious at me. 

He didn't have much to say when I told him litter bins were not permitted inside Football Stadiums. 

On 6/23/2018 at 9:17 AM, saintnextlifetime said:

They have known how to make biodegradable plastic for decades but it is only now that some stores are offering carrier bags made from it .

It'll be down to cost I imagine. Everything seems to be about money to the detriment of everything else.