League or Cup

Drew

This season League.... though actually... nah f**k it..win the Cup.

My reasoning is that seasons of winning the Championship are a lot more enjoyable than avoiding relegation and a lot more frequent than winning Cups.

The best thing about being in the Premier is that you can pull together a squad that might win a cup, so win the Cup this year and challenge for promotion next season would be glorious.

But aye magic wand I'd take both. [emoji6]

Ross must have been playing this daft wee  HYPOTHETICAL GAME when preparing for the infamous Raith Rovers disaster.
We are a Full Time Professional Club
Should be 100% every competitive match.

Don’t you want us to go part time though?

8 minutes ago, zico said:

Don’t you want us to go part time though?

It would make sense, but only if the vast majority of Clubs followed suit.

And I would hope that any Part Time Professional Football Club would give 100% in every competitive match.

59 minutes ago, Hambud said:

This season League.... though actually... nah f**k it..win the Cup.

My reasoning is that seasons of winning the Championship are a lot more enjoyable than avoiding relegation and a lot more frequent than winning Cups.

The best thing about being in the Premier is that you can pull together a squad that might win a cup, so win the Cup this year and challenge for promotion next season would be glorious.

But aye magic wand I'd take both. emoji6.png

Would it not make more sense to win the league this year and have a better chance of winning the cup with our new, improved Premiership squad?

Winning the cup all the way. Winning the championship is great of course, but the best thing about being in the top league for a team like us is that it gives you a much better chance of winning a cup. You can sign much better players, and winning a cup is basically the pinnacle for a club like us. 

Just now, Swiss_Saint said:

Got to be the league, Cup can follow when we are an established top 6 team with top6 players

SS

So why don't we withdraw from all Cup Competitions till we are Top 6.

That would have worked a treat in Season 2012/13.

So many dunderheids on this Thread.

Follow Thy Leader ( O.P. )

:byebye

S

My interest in today's match is more a gauge as to how far we've come under Jack. While a defeat of the Dons would be fantastic the league must take precedence. I'm all for a good cup win with all that it brings in terms of finance and confidence but, when push comes to shove, give me an old fashioned league win parade through Paisley any day.

12 hours ago, shull said:

It would make sense, but only if the vast majority of Clubs followed suit.

And I would hope that any Part Time Professional Football Club would give 100% in every competitive match.

So there isn't any link between being full time and how much effort you give, which you have suggested in your post?

22 minutes ago, zico said:

So there isn't any link between being full time and how much effort you give, which you have suggested in your post?

Where did I suggest that ? 

Every Football team should give 100% whether they are full time, part time, junior, amateur or whatever. 

Presently, we are full time. If we were anything else, I would still expect 100%.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

My interest in today's match is more a gauge as to how far we've come under Jack. While a defeat of the Dons would be fantastic the league must take precedence. I'm all for a good cup win with all that it brings in terms of finance and confidence but, when push comes to shove, give me an old fashioned league win parade through Paisley any day.

What a lot of shite. 

How is today's cup tie disturbing our league push ? Our last league game was last Saturday and our next is Friday. 

We don't play both on the same day. 

Normally a week apart. 

People just don't get it. 

Sheep who can't think for themselves. 

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

A cup win parade through Paisley in May would beat any championship win parade

The 1987 celebrations were in a different league

I appreciate all the responses to my OP. As (almost) everyone realised, it was just a bit of fun, and, despite shull's typically crude and moronic efforts to make it all about him - there's a surprise - it has been a good read.

I'm looking forward to the game today, but on account of where we're sitting in the league, it has a bit of a feel of the sideshow.  All that will change come midday, if course.

COYS!

23 minutes ago, zico said:

A cup win parade through Paisley in May would beat any championship win parade

The 1987 celebrations were in a different league

I'm not for a minute discounting the fact it would be great to win the cup but beating the Dons doesn't do that. It takes us to a round where we might meet the likes of Celtic where our chances diminish more. It would be absolutely fantastic if beating the sheep guaranteed a cup win but it won't. All I'm indicating is that, for me, getting out of this league, in the right direction, is more important. The parade would be indicative of where we were as a club.

ETA. I will celebrate a win if it happens and support the team as much as anyone.  And I would dream about that cup parade. But I still believe the benefits for the club are greater if we can establish ourselves in the highest league possible.

Edited by stlucifer

I just think winning the Scottish cup is the big one for us. I was only 7 when we won it the last time and I just think it would be amazing to do it again in my lifetime. I've seen us win this league twice, and it's great, but the Scottish cup is the big one, especially with European football the next season.

We will win the championship at some point in the future, but will we ever win the Scottish cup again? Who knows.