Ziggy Gordon

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Not been given a name for me it will be true as the reliable source has been 100% correct for a good while now. Nothing else to add. 

Sorry bud, but I’ve tried reading a couple times and have no idea what that means! 

Edited by aldo_j

17 minutes ago, Hambud said:

So somebody who is reliable has told you we are interested in a striker but hasn't given you the name of the striker we are interested in.

More or less correct though he has named names in the past which proved to be correct. All I know is that he is in the top league and we are trying to negotiate a deal to bring him with the hope we get promoted meaning part of the building process for next season. 

Guest TPAFKATS
More or less correct though he has named names in the past which proved to be correct. All I know is that he is in the top league and we are trying to negotiate a deal to bring him with the hope we get promoted meaning part of the building process for next season. 
Top league? Could it be that injury prone guy at sellik? Think he's called Dembele?
He didn't play at the weekend, must've been the speculation, or mibees we don't want him cup tied...

There's one or two others interested though, hope we don't get involved in a bidding war.

St.Mirren Park must leak like a sieve with the amount of sources people have on here. or maybe they all have the same one.
Exactly and all these know it alls never ever reveal the name then as soon as we sign the next player they are all over it saying I told he was signing.

Can't remember the last time anyone actually named a player's name given to them by their "source".

53 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Exactly and all these know it alls never ever reveal the name then as soon as we sign the next player they are all over it saying I told he was signing.

Can't remember the last time anyone actually named a player's name given to them by their "source".

Many sources don't like to be named.  Nothing is certain until it is a done deal... media speculation thrives on speculation to entice sales... but various people will know players and agents... good possible deals are often not shared for public knowledge, but players talk to their families and friends and it is not helpful to shout about something that might not come off; also the players will tell them to keep it quiet (So good friends don't put it out there to folk who will break the confidence)... IF a deal cannot be finalised - who does it benefit to shout about it publically? Players still have to stay sometimes and it doesn't help them locally if fans think that they are keen to be elsewhere... etc etc.

It is no secret Jack Ross is looking for a striker - he said so publically... He is not sitting on his hands (He hasn't in any transfer window as Saints manager) - if it comes off we will know soon enough... the anticipation does kill a bit though... but fingers crossed... Oh COYS

Edited by Sweeper07
letter missing

Many sources don't like to be named.  Nothing is certain until it is a done deal... media speculation thrives on speculation to entice sales... but various people will know players and agents... good possible deals are often not shared for public knowledge, but players talk to their families and friends and it is not helpful to shout about something that might not come off; also the players will tell them to keep it quiet (So good friends don't put it out there to folk who will break the confience)... IF a deal cannot be finalised - who does it benefit to shout about it publically? Players still have to stay sometimes and it doesn't help them locally if fans think that they are keen to be elsewhere... etc etc.
It is no secret Jack Ross is looking for a striker - he said so publically... He is not sitting on his hands (He hasn't in any transfer window as Saints manager) - if it comes off we will know soon enough... the anticipation does kill a bit though... but fingers crossed... Oh COYS
Your not saying anything we all didn't know already and if the players or agents didn't want anyone to know they wouldn't let on to anybody.

The point is all the " in the know" guys on here continually post about knowing "something" but actually know nothing they waste everyone's time with their " I know something you don't know posts'.

Did Lewis Morgan deal fall through because it was all over social media and other media???

Did Kenny McLean's???

Did Alexis Sanchez???

The point being if a player changes his mind about signing for Saints because his name is leaked by his " in the know mate, cousin, brother, etc" on Social Media then really we are better off without them.

Plenty deals are leaked weeks and months in advance without it compromising the deal.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Your not saying anything we all didn't know already and if the players or agents didn't want anyone to know they wouldn't let on to anybody.

The point is all the " in the know" guys on here continually post about knowing "something" but actually know nothing they waste everyone's time with their " I know something you don't know posts'.

Did Lewis Morgan deal fall through because it was all over social media and other media???

Did Kenny McLean's???

Did Alexis Sanchez???

The point being if a player changes his mind about signing for Saints because his name is leaked by his " in the know mate, cousin, brother, etc" on Social Media then really we are better off without them.

Plenty deals are leaked weeks and months in advance without it compromising the deal.

It' not about someone knowing sticking a finger up . In some cases its about letting fans know something ( is ) going down but can not come out and say for obvious reason. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It' not about someone knowing sticking a finger up . In some cases its about letting fans know something ( is ) going down but can not come out and say for obvious reason. Time will tell. 

I don't really get this "shhh, here's something but nothing" nonsense. 

It's not letting anyone know anything, so what's the fecking point apart from some "look at me" type of post? :blink: