Ziggy Gordon

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I don't really get this "shhh, here's something but nothing" nonsense. 

It's not letting anyone know anything, so what's the fecking point apart from some "look at me" type of post? :blink:

No it let' s fans know something is incoming which is better than nothing , no ? 

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Exactly and all these know it alls never ever reveal the name then as soon as we sign the next player they are all over it saying I told he was signing.

Can't remember the last time anyone actually named a player's name given to them by their "source".

In fairness, they do sometimes share, but not on here. That's not a bad thing, as it is less likely to scupper a possible deal.

FWIW, a few things that have been shared with me in confidence have been bang on. As Ian says, sometimes it should be enough to take folk on trust and in good faith that they are simply letting us know that we are still on the lookout and trying to tie things up.

Edited by Drew

10 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Your not saying anything we all didn't know already and if the players or agents didn't want anyone to know they wouldn't let on to anybody.

The point is all the " in the know" guys on here continually post about knowing "something" but actually know nothing they waste everyone's time with their " I know something you don't know posts'.

Did Lewis Morgan deal fall through because it was all over social media and other media???

Did Kenny McLean's???

Did Alexis Sanchez???

The point being if a player changes his mind about signing for Saints because his name is leaked by his " in the know mate, cousin, brother, etc" on Social Media then really we are better off without them.

Plenty deals are leaked weeks and months in advance without it compromising the deal.

Carl Finnegan . .

That is probably the most obvious deal, that fell through . Wee Anxious had that one snatch from under his nose by Falkirk , of all clubs, after if was plastered over the PDE that he was coming to us. .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Carl Finnegan . .

That is probably the most obvious deal, that fell through . Wee Anxious had that one snatch from under his nose by Falkirk , of all clubs, after if was plastered over the PDE that he was coming to us. .

Really missed out on a top class striker there didn't we??? 

137 games in Scotland 29 goals proves my point if they change their mind and sign with someone else well we are better off without them. 

Screenshot_20180124-075026.png

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh, no? :lol:

Letting the fans know feck all.

What will be will be, why the need to be the "ITK" when you let people know feck all?

Away to your bed. :byebye

He's not ITK anyway, he's just been reading Pie & Bovril.

I was taken into someone's confidence regarding a striker we might be signing by a contact, who has a source close to a previously reliable source, who has been sworn to confidentiality by a source close to the club that no one should reveal the name of said striker!

so i am exclusively in the know about not knowing the name of the speculation surrounding a striker (as yet unnamed) who we may, or may not be tracking. Just thought it was time for a bit of transparency on the unnamed striker who no one knows the name of.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I was taken into someone's confidence regarding a striker we might be signing by a contact, who has a source close to a previously reliable source, who has been sworn to confidentiality by a source close to the club that no one should reveal the name of said striker!

so i am exclusively in the know about not knowing the name of the speculation surrounding a striker (as yet unnamed) who we may, or may not be tracking. Just thought it was time for a bit of transparency on the unnamed striker who no one knows the name of.

You're not taking this seriously. 

1 hour ago, Pepé Le Pew said:

His character in those films was also referred to as Blondie and Manco(?) so he did have a name of sorts :rolleyes:

He was called Joe in the first film in the trilogy AFOD.

As an aside TGTB&TU is a prequel to the other two in which Blondie acquires his poncho. There is much debate amongst fellow geeks as to which of the other two comes first in "real life" but I believe the majority opinion is that FAFDM happens before AFOD.

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Really missed out on a top class striker there didn't we??? 

137 games in Scotland 29 goals proves my point if they change their mind and sign with someone else well we are better off without them. 

Screenshot_20180124-075026.png

. .and whit. .

. .l fail to see how the number of goals he scored on didn't score has anything to do with the fact that the deal was snatched from under wee Anxious' nose and he was none to happy about it and blamed it on Saint Mirren training facilities , or the lack thereof. .

. .and whit. .

. .l fail to see how the number of goals he scored on didn't score has anything to do with the fact that the deal was snatched from under wee Anxious' nose and he was none to happy about it and blamed it on Saint Mirren training facilities , or the lack thereof. .
I fail to see why in your first post you said he never signed because it was in the Paisley Daily Express now you say it's because of our training facilities???

The whole point was about whether players pull out deals if names are revealed in media or social media(Not Training Facilities) and to back your opinion up you had to go back 11 years before social media was really heard of.

The fact he was terrible proves it was no big deal he changed his mind rather better for us he went elsewhere.

Next time try harder.

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I fail to see why in your first post you said he never signed because it was in the Paisley Daily Express now you say it's because of our training facilities???

The whole point was about whether players pull out deals if names are revealed in media or social media(Not Training Facilities) and to back your opinion up you had to go back 11 years before social media was really heard of.

The fact he was terrible proves it was no big deal he changed his mind rather better for us he went elsewhere.

Next time try harder.

Wow . .

Its quite simple , Falkirk were alerted by the fact that Finegan was coming to Saint Mirren with his name and picture in the media . Wee Anxiuos lost the deal . It was later stated that Falkirk lured him with their facilities , however , whatever reason the deal fell through for is irrelevant .  .you said. .

Your not saying anything we all didn't know already and if the players or agents didn't want anyone to know they wouldn't let on to anybody.

The point is all the " in the know" guys on here continually post about knowing "something" but actually know nothing they waste everyone's time with their " I know something you don't know posts'.

Did Lewis Morgan deal fall through because it was all over social media and other media???

So , to clarify finally , the Carl Finegan deal fell though because it was in  media . That's it .

Wow . .
Its quite simple , Falkirk were alerted by the fact that Finegan was coming to Saint Mirren with his name and picture in the media . Wee Anxiuos lost the deal . It was later stated that Falkirk lured him with their facilities , however , whatever reason the deal fell through for is irrelevant .  .you said. .

So , to clarify finally , the Carl Finegan deal fell though because it was in  media . That's it .

2 contradictions from you again.

On one hand it's irrelevant what the reason was the deal fell through ( but it is relevant as your arguing media was the cause but really it was our training facilities or was it???)

Then TO CLARIFY it definitely fell through because it was in the media???

Wish you would make your mind up.

So TO CLARIFY in 11 years and about anything from 200 - 350 players transferred to St Mirren we lost out on 1 player through it being made public & that player turned out to be pretty sh*t anyway.

Good point there mate.

8 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Wow . .

2 contradictions from you again.

On one hand it's irrelevant what the reason was the deal fell through ( but it is relevant as your arguing media was the cause but really it was our training facilities or was it???)

Then TO CLARIFY it definitely fell through because it was in the media???

Wish you would make your mind up.

So TO CLARIFY in 11 years and about anything from 200 - 350 players transferred to St Mirren we lost out on 1 player through it being made public & that player turned out to be pretty sh*t anyway.

Good point there mate.

Did someone upset you?

He went to Falkirk becuase they were alerted by the MEDIA , that is relevant per your original question . What has far less relevence is why he went there , maybe he just prefered their pies, it doesn't really matter, he could have claimed anything , maybe he thought wee Anxious was dour , who knows. .who cares , it happened . .

This is only a wee , daft fitba' Forum .