St Mirren v QOS Sat 3rd Feb

faraway saint

So, we move into February, irrespective of what Dundee United do, we're still top with a decent gap.

There's next to no chance we'll end up anywhere apart from top or runners up, I'm sure we'd have taken this at the start of the season.

QOS won't be easy (cliche time) but our home form is outstanding and we should take all 3 points.

Just keep it going, another 3 points, one less game to play and less time for United to even think they can catch us. 

1 minute ago, pod said:

Toughie for us also.

True - no argument from me on that.

If we dropped points it would not shock me - but I think United have the tougher task of the two - and all we have to do is maintain the gap, while they must close it.

All the pressure is on them - lets see how they handle it!

Games can't come fast enough for Saints fans at this time... Tremendous weekend for us. Well done to the whole team and management...you have earned your bonuses...

It would be incredible if it were like this a lot more till the end of the season, but we have to be realistic... (I suspect)

See Dobbie got a hat-trick today - surely we can man-mark him out of it next week? (Or at least cut-off the supply lines)

I agree our home form and attacking ability ought to be too much for them...

I like the fact that we have more options for the 1st 11 jerseys...

Another tough game against a side who can score goals but I think there is such a huge feel good factor about everything connected to our great club that we will win this game. We haven't spanked anyone this year but surely we will one day this season especially at home and would be great if Saturday would be that day.

United will most likely lose at Inverness or worst case scenario drop two points.

It is becoming more and more obvious that United are going to implode big style this season and it really is our title to lose. I can see United entering administration this season and possibly not even making the play offs if they keep going the way they are on and off the field.

I can see a crowd of well over 5,000 for this one. Spread the word and get as many fellow buds fans down to the game as this season really has the makings of a truly special and memorable one.

What a great time to be a buddie.

Seems to have fallen by the wayside considering  how important it is. No Hippo for this game but would like to see Flynn start. Think we should get the three points in a hard fought game Turmoil up in Dundee with mass protest being arraged for this next home game is music to my ears before that they have to make the diffiult journey to Inverness come ICT. 

It would be hard to see past the team from the Dunfermline game, unless anyone has injury issues - here it is below :-

St Mirren: Samson, L.Smith, Baird, Davis, Eckersley, McGinn, McShane (Flynn 61), Magennis, C.Smith (MacKenzie 82), Morgan, Reilly (Mullen 78)
Subs Not Used: Stewart Think He is suspended, Stelios, Hill, Sutton    Not sure if the Hyppo is fully registered, but if so, he could fill this slot.

My daughter is attending her first game of the season with her friend. Both are heading along to the panda club for the first time ever.

My wee boy is also heading along to the panda club and both of them can't wait. Between them they have about 7 or 8 St Mirren kits and we were sussing out who was going to be wearing what strip on Saturday.

I am not sure if it was the sweeties she had brownies tonight or the thought of seeing Lewis Morgan in action that was getting her so excited.

Anyway they are both looking forward to the game as is their daddy so let's hope we put on show and get a great team performance and a fine home win.

I think we might see our biggest league win of the season on Saturday.

St Mirren 4 QOS 1

What a great time to be a buddie.

Is it Saturday yet?

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It would be hard to see past the team from the Dunfermline game, unless anyone has injury issues - here it is below :-

St Mirren: Samson, L.Smith, Baird, Davis, Eckersley, McGinn, McShane (Flynn 61), Magennis, C.Smith (MacKenzie 82), Morgan, Reilly (Mullen 78)
Subs Not Used: Stewart Think He is suspended, Stelios, Hill, Sutton    Not sure if the Hyppo is fully registered, but if so, he could fill this slot.

Stewart won't be suspended. Since the red card was for "foul or abusive language" it will be a 1 match ban for the U20s.

Won't be easy Queens have made a few loan signing from top flight SPFL clubs and one from Newcastle but we've just got to make sure were not complacent and we should be favourites. Wonder if Flynn will start and Magennis get moved inside instead of McShane. Unsure if Hyppolyte is fit as he hasn't played for Falkirk for a while so I wouldn't expect to see him on the bench yet.

'

COYS!

13 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Hippolyte is registered but not fit for this Saturday.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Hippolyte is registered but not fit for this Saturday.

Aye, he said as much in his interview for Buddievision yesterday. Looks like he will be ready for the following game.

ETA - leaving the way clear for big Sutts to bag a brace on Saturday:ph34r:

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Aye, he said as much in his interview for Buddievision yesterday. Looks like he will be ready for the following game.

ETA - leaving the way clear for big Sutts to bag a brace on Saturday:ph34r:

I don't think any true fan would object to this, but I cannot see it somehow - with Mullen and Flynn likely to be 1st choice subs, Sutts, at best likely to get about 7 minutes at the end to chase and harry... otherwise it would be due to injuries to Reilly and Smith, and we certainly don't want that.