St Mirren v QOS Sat 3rd Feb

faraway saint

On 03/02/2018 at 12:01 PM, Sweeper07 said:

I remember the 3 - 5 defeat (nightmare) well - it was up there with Hammerby in my least favourite Saints games...

Just remember Lennon hanging McGowan out to dry - playing 1 CB late on..

Remember Yardley being a sub but don't remember Kristo or his compatriot Fellner who scored our 3rd - I was young in those days..

Whilst I was disappointed with the result , I remember that night as a really entertaining game of football , thought Bowey was supurb for them that night , also remember them having a really good support , and there being a few decent goals that evening .

21 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Great finish from Liam Smith. We were the better team by some distance.

Just need to keep a wee eye on Livingston - who seem to be emerging as the final likely challenger.

I expect a tight win or fighting draw against them on the 17th - either of which will likely signal the title being ours to lose emoji846.png

Livingston, s position sort of flatters them as they have not played the top teams three times , still looking forward to beating them at Almond Vale though .

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair dos. I’m not aware of what was said.

I don’t miss him tho do you? :lol:

Actually, any decent St Mirren supporter is missed. And Elvis is missed. 

His abusers wouldn't be though. 

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Actually, any decent St Mirren supporter is missed. And Elvis is missed. 

His abusers wouldn't be though. 

The point I’m making Shull, is that going by his contributions on here (which for those of us who don’t know him personally is all we have to go on), he doesn’t fit the description “any decent St. Mirren supporter”. 

Well that was another great weekend. Enjoyed a couple of nights in Hamilton and on Match day I enjoyed the hospitality of a few North Berwick Rangers fans in Glasgow prior to them having to watch their team getting humped by Hibs. HA! HA! Brilliant. Then it was onto the 1877 Club to enjoy IOBS’s hospitality before another mighty Saint’s performance. What a goal from Smith and big Harry stepping up for the penalty was another surprise but the biggest surprise of the day was the noise from those ladies and gentlemen who had obviously enjoyed the hospitality package in the ground. Feck we could hear them singing from the West Stand. Good effort guys. Not sure if the Drinks deal has improved but you made some noise. I’ve heard Hospitality is now sold out for the rest of the season which is a shame because I certainly fancied a couple of pints of what they must have been drinking.

After the game we hit the Bull inn. It was mobbed as usual, but it got even busier when a large group who had previously been enjoying hospitality at the ground arrived and livened the place up even more. We had a few laughs trying to teach a Spanish interpreter how to speak proper Scottish, enjoyed the pleasure of numerous buds and enjoyed a few sherbets with a St Mirren Legend and his good lady.

Yes, it was a very hospitable evening and even the Spanish guy who previously didn’t know common Scottish Slang was telling us we had won the league now.

“Has ganado la liga” is what I think he said but based on our previous conversations he was probably telling us we were Big @@@@@@@@’s

3 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

After the game we hit the Bull inn. It was mobbed as usual, but it got even busier when a large group who had previously been enjoying hospitality at the ground arrived and livened the place up even more. We had a few laughs trying to teach a Spanish interpreter how to speak proper Scottish, enjoyed the pleasure of numerous buds and enjoyed a few sherbets with a St Mirren Legend and his good lady.

I was in the Bull Inn last night with Bud the Baker and half a dozen other Saints fans. Who was the St. Mirren legend?

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Basher...didn't see him, was in the Bull from about half 5 till half 10 as well.

He was in for a couple of hours. He left us about 9. We were in the bar area up the back before the booths. He was in good form and a few fans got selfies. He was very hospitable.

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Livingston, s position sort of flatters them as they have not played the top teams three times , still looking forward to beating them at Almond Vale though .

Yes, actually the only teams Livingston have played 3 times are the bottom 4: Brechin, Dumbarton, Falkirk and Inverness. They've got a lot of games coming up against the teams around them.

We, on the other hand, have Livi themselves then 2 of the bottom 3  (Brechin and Falkirk) at home to complete our round of fixtures.

He was in for a couple of hours. He left us about 9. We were in the bar area up the back before the booths. He was in good form and a few fans got selfies. He was very hospitable.

You the guys who had the home tops on ? Sitting under the telly ? Myself and my good lady were in for a quick drink and sat at the table beside you . Place was indeed in good form , didn’t get to see Basher though .

1 hour ago, Julian Banjos said:

Yes, actually the only teams Livingston have played 3 times are the bottom 4: Brechin, Dumbarton, Falkirk and Inverness. They've got a lot of games coming up against the teams around them.

We, on the other hand, have Livi themselves then 2 of the bottom 3  (Brechin and Falkirk) at home to complete our round of fixtures.

Dumbarton at home too.

12 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You the guys who had the home tops on ? Sitting under the telly ? Myself and my good lady were in for a quick drink and sat at the table beside you . Place was indeed in good form , didn’t get to see Basher though .

I'm sure he was there. No way was he a figment of my imagination. Was he invisible. Feck, I must have been drunk. Finally I have an imaginary friend.  Nah! he was definitely there. Aw you guys must have been drunk????

IMG_20180203_190623187.jpg