VAR

cambiebud

Just watching the Cardiff v Man City game, if it had been used it would be 0-2, who knows how important that could be. 

I'm still with it as it'll help get the correct decisions, especially if I've a bet on  :rolleyes:

I get the argument for and once they speed the process up , as well as making it visible to people in the stadium to view then it’ll be much better.

My personal view is I like football as it is.

Hope you win your bets regardless [emoji14]

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:
Just watching the Cardiff v Man City game, if it had been used it would be 0-2, who knows how important that could be. 
I'm still with it as it'll help get the correct decisions, especially if I've a bet on  :rolleyes:

It could also have a negative effect on the outcome of your bets.

I know. 

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Impossible to say if I'll win more but it is certain whatever happens it will be the correct result. 

It's nice to see that you have a higher regard for the integrity of the game than you do for personal fortune.

Just wait till it goes against me..............:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Actually that's a really good point FAS............... VAR would have given that goal..................

I don't see why   this should not work, and as you said earlier its TV audience and that's why SKY pay £3B after all

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Where's VAR when we needed it?

Some cracking posts in here. :rolleyes:

I thought they did a very good job of VAR in the World Cup. They tried to let games run as much as possible while reviewing decisions. Yes we still get our wrong decisions, but it definitely had more benefits than downsides. And it was a f**king pleasure seeing Neymar fail in his bid to win a penalty against Costa Rica.

53 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That about sums it up.

The one thing that they need to look to improve is the "clearcut" decisions. The rules state it has to be fully conclusive, but there were a couple of incidents which were never certain and they went ahead with it anyway. Through time and education for the refs it will get better, it's definitely worth having in the game.

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The one thing that they need to look to improve is the "clearcut" decisions. The rules state it has to be fully conclusive, but there were a couple of incidents which were never certain and they went ahead with it anyway. Through time and education for the refs it will get better, it's definitely worth having in the game.

As, with most new technology, it should get better, unfortunately footballing backwaters will be unlikely to be able to afford it.

We don't even have goal line technology.

PS Feck me, I don't have anybody on ignore but PRicky is getting close. :thumbsdown

Edited by faraway saint