Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

Morton v Livingston is on.

I think our match on Friday is in the balance. Unlikely to go ahead.

United's fixture pile-up is becoming pretty epic.

They're already down to play 9 games in the 5 weeks through March to the start of April with tonight's game (and possibly Friday's) to be rearranged on top of that.

Utd v QotS called off 2 hours ahead of kick-off because of heavy snow....
I'm struggling to see them cope when all these games need squeezed into the final 8 weeks.

Would I be far off in thinking that even after Friday they will need at least 2 games a week just to get there?
Think I've got me dates mixed up

14 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Not to bothered about Utd it's Livi who are the form side. We definitely need to grind out the results to keep us top of the league.

There's no other team apart from Livingston who are even close to a threat.

Even at that, they're, taking they hold on for the 3 points tonight, still 8 points between us with 10 games to go.

That a 3 game turn around, I really doubt we'll lose 3 more than they will win.

Relax. 

Edited by faraway saint

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There's no other team apart from Livingston who are even close to a threat.

Even at that, they're, taking they hold on for the 3 points tonight, still 8 points between us with 10 games to go.

That a 3 game turn around, I really doubt we'll lose 3 more than they will win.

Relax. 

Aye, that's it right there.

Maybe our players need a wee shake to get them back on track after a couple of less than convincing performances.

Certainly a bit of added spice, now.

I think Livingston are in form just now. Lots of shots on goal with many on target. We need to up our performance and win   our games a bit more comfortably and it doesn't matter what any other team is doing. But st mirren have been lucky in a few games recently and that worries me.  

1 minute ago, fan4ever said:

I think Livingston are in form just now. Lots of shots on goal with many on target. We need to up our performance and win   our games a bit more comfortably and it doesn't matter what any other team is doing. But st mirren have been lucky in a few games recently and that worries me.  

Wur doooooooooomed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doomed ah tell ya.:lol:

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

United have 3 games in hand, As things stand, unlikely or not, if they win those then they would be equal on points with Livvy.

One way or another I wouldn't take anything for granted.

Aye, your faith in our team is quite, erm, astonishingly low.

The CHANCES of Dundee United making up 17 points on us is, well, the bookies would get rich on anything you'd care to wager to back up your obvious worries. 

Nothing is being taken for granted but the fact we are a decent team and the rest of this league are pretty shit would suggest we will be nothing less than 2nd, and even that, as every game passes, is less that likely. 

15 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

It's not hard to see Livingston are on form but so are we and we also don't play them until the middle of April.

If it's close by that point then, yeah, it'll be exciting and nervous but at this stage the manager and team should be positive and confident.

Wish some of the support would grow a pair. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, your faith in our team is quite, erm, astonishingly low.

The CHANCES of Dundee United making up 17 points on us is, well, the bookies would get rich on anything you'd care to wager to back up your obvious worries. 

Nothing is being taken for granted but the fact we are a decent team and the rest of this league are pretty shit would suggest we will be nothing less than 2nd, and even that, as every game passes, is less that likely. 

Not at all. Great season so far. We agree about taking nothing for granted. We take a different view of the other teams in the league, all of which with the possible exception of Brechin can take points from any other team, including Saints IMHO.  We do have to keep stepping up to the plate, game after game until the arithmetic declares the winner. But yes - we can do it.

Edited by St.Ricky

I think it will be highly unlikely our game will go ahead on Friday nut i hope it does so we can beat UTD and knock the stuffing out of them when they are down

It would also send a huge message to the other teams in the league and to keep our momentum going

Livvy away to Dunfermline on Saturday....

Friday night's game at Tannadice could be season defining for us. 

A good performance and 3 points will re-instill the confidence that has thrust us forward this season so far. Thereafter it will be onwards and upwards.

On the other hand, a disjointed display and a poor result could be nerve shattering for us and our team and give genuine hope to Livingston and offer renewed impetus to Dundee United.

Let's make sure we get a positive outcome !!!