Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Not at all. Great season so far. We agree about taking nothing for granted. We take a different view of the other teams in the league, all of which with the possible exception of Brechin can take points from any other team, including Saints IMHO.  We do have to keep stepping up to the plate, game after game until the arithmetic declares the winner. But yes - we can do it.

Yet, only last week, you were showing concern over Brechin, failing to see they are the whipping boys and were seen as easy meat?

The other teams can take points from any other team..............another cliche, forgetting we have hardly dropped points to any other teams.

The league consists of us................then Livingston, with a recent turn of form, then.......................2 teams who are of no concern................the rest, making up the numbers. 

It's only to be hoped the manager and players have more faith than you.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yet, only last week, you were showing concern over Brechin, failing to see they are the whipping boys and were seen as easy meat?

The other teams can take points from any other team..............another cliche, forgetting we have hardly dropped points to any other teams.

The league consists of us................then Livingston, with a recent turn of form, then.......................2 teams who are of no concern................the rest, making up the numbers. 

It's only to be hoped the manager and players have more faith than you.

No clichés.  I stand by what I said about Brechin v Saints. It wasn't easy by all accounts. Also clear that I think we will win the Championship but I don't think we are going to do anything than have to continue to fight for it all the way.  We are at the top off the league because our form has been good, not because of luck but I wouldnt say no to some of thaat. Giving credit to other teams abilities,where due, seems reasonable to me and I think gives more credit to our Manager and the players than suggesting others are poor IMHO

Edited by St.Ricky

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

We've dropped points to 6 out of the 9 other teams, I think. Only Brechin, QoS and ICT have failed to take points from us.

Or conversely every team in the league has dropped points to us.

Morton are the only team we have yet to beat in the league or who have accumulated more points from us than we have from them.

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

We've dropped points to 6 out of the 9 other teams, I think. Only Brechin, QoS and ICT have failed to take points from us.

:lol:

How many points, ya trumpet? 

Aye yer right enough, but to show any balance you have to look, and I know this will trouble you, at how many points other teams have dropped. 

It's only relevant that we have dropped few points compared to the other teams. 

I'm ashamed, taking you off ignore, pop, on ye go. :lol:

Cannie wait for another of your "oh, look at me then" posts. :thumbsdown

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Or conversely every team in the league has dropped points to us.

Morton are the only team we have yet to beat in the league or who have accumulated more points from us than we have from them.

We will need to fix that in April and hand them a doing , but even an own goal or dodgy penalty victory will do.

Is there any set rule with regards to how long before a match starts when they call it off? Would hate to be on the road up there on Friday for it to be canned 1 hour prior to kick off, will BT sport have an input to any decision or will it be down to the Dundee Polis?
No

RECENT FORM GUIDE - LAST 6 GAMES   :-

Team Last Six (oldest first) PTS
1 Livingston
  • W
  • W
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • W
2 St Mirren
  • W
  • W
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • W
3 Falkirk
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • D
4 Greenock Morton
  • W
  • W
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • L
5 Queen of the South
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • D
  • D
6 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  • D
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • L
7 Dunfermline Athletic
  • W
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • D
  • D
8 Dundee United
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • D
  • L
  • L
9 Dumbarton
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • D

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

RECENT FORM GUIDE - LAST 6 GAMES   :-

Team Last Six (oldest first) PTS
1 Livingston
  • W
  • W
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • W
2 St Mirren
  • W
  • W
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • W
3 Falkirk
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • D
4 Greenock Morton
  • W
  • W
  • D
  • W
  • W
  • L
5 Queen of the South
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • D
  • D
6 Inverness Caledonian Thistle
  • D
  • L
  • W
  • W
  • L
  • L
7 Dunfermline Athletic
  • W
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • D
  • D
8 Dundee United
  • L
  • W
  • L
  • D
  • L
  • L
9 Dumbarton
  • D
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • L
  • D

So following this great run they are on they have gained a grand total of 1 point on us.

Time to stop the worrying and just concentrate on ourselves. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Blanket postponment tonight - forecast no better up to Fri so I fully expect this to be off pretty early unles the forecasts are hopelessly wrong.

Between the covering of snow and the temperature, -3 at the minute, going to take something special to get this game to go ahead TBH. :(

Aye, yer right, more snow forecast for today, heavy, light snow tomorrow and heavy snow Friday. 

Edited by faraway saint

Guest TPAFKATS
So following this great run they are on they have gained a grand total of 1 point on us.
Time to stop the worrying and just concentrate on ourselves. 
Yes.
Actually over the last 8 games we have both taken 19 from 24.
My knickers are wringing

Yes.
Actually over the last 8 games we have both taken 19 from 24.
My knickers are wringing
If Livi win their next three in a row they will Ryan our current record over the last 11 games. Some perspective needed when looking at our own impressive form.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Between the covering of snow and the temperature, -3 at the minute, going to take something special to get this game to go ahead TBH. :(

Aye, yer right, more snow forecast for today, heavy, light snow tomorrow and heavy snow Friday. 

But somehow the Spurs Rochdale game is ON :whistle

I will offer my prediction....

More chance of an 8 year old boy not getting eyed up at the Vatican than this game going ahead.

The inevitable call off gives oor Jack and Jimmy the chance to rest our wonderful team (give Stephen McGinn a few days off to rest his weary legs).  It also leaves Dundee Utd with one hell of a busy schedule, a punishing schedule that will see them drop away into oblivion.

The call off may suit us......a weeks rest and whatever happens elsewhere WE will have a game in hand over our nearest rivals. 

Remember fellow supporters of Paisley's finest sporting establishment in history.....we WILL win this league, We WILL win it indeed.