Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

30 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I take it this will be pay at the gate as there hasn’t been any chat about ticket sales. 

I wonder how many we’ll take after the efforts made today. If there was 2000 today I think 1000 on Tuesday would be decent. 

Tickets have been on sale TPAFKA

Do you think the club will run any busses to this? There are no trains back after the game finishes so I'd imagine there would be a decent demand for a few supporters busses.
I wasn't going to bother going but I suppose I'll have to now.

We were speaking about this on way back from Brechin think they would do something as not alot of options available to get there.

Maybe someone who was on a Club Bus today could shed some light???

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Maybe SMISA funds will be used to run a few bus's? :rolleyes:

Aye, and if we use the ring fenced funds we could get enough buses to get 10000 buddies to Tannadice.

Edited by shull

9 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Do you think the club will run any busses to this? There are no trains back after the game finishes so I'd imagine there would be a decent demand for a few supporters busses.

I wasn't going to bother going but I suppose I'll have to now.

I was on one of the club buses yesterday. They ran two and intend doing the same for Tuesday we were told but those on them yesterday were given 1st dibbs. Presumably there will be an announcement tomorrow. Our 5 are going by car Tuesday so I'm sure there will be some albeit limited availability. Before folk start moaning the reason they are limited to two is apparently a lack of club officials to supervise more buses.

Dundee Uniteds home record is decent, but that's over the whole season, more recently they are no so impressive.

Last 5 home games they have only won 1, drawn 2 and lost 2 so nothing to fear IMO.

They let in goals in almost every game so safe to think we'll score. (1 shut out in the last 10)

Can't see us losing, as usual, a draw at worst, decent chance we'll win. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

. Before folk start moaning the reason they are limited to two is apparently a lack of club officials to supervise more buses.

That could be solved very easily.  2 buses gets 100 people there - out of travelling support of 2500 its not very helpful.  Sadly a lot of folk won't make it on Tuesday as by the time the pitch invasion is done the last train will have gone!

I hope the club can organise enough buses to make sure everyone who wants to go can make it.

That could be solved very easily.  2 buses gets 100 people there - out of travelling support of 2500 its not very helpful.  Sadly a lot of folk won't make it on Tuesday as by the time the pitch invasion is done the last train will have gone!
I hope the club can organise enough buses to make sure everyone who wants to go can make it.

Regarding your first sentence, please explain , how exactly does your post solve the lack of club officials to supervise the buses ?

Turning your post on it’s head, the club ran 2 buses but over 2000 others went by other means , car supporters buses etc. Given the fact Brechin doesn’t even have a Train station , I’d hazard a guess very few went on the train anyway !!

It’s a Tuesday night , there will be vastly reduced demand, I don’t see many if any missing out because of lack of transport from the club.

From my point of view , none of my traveling party of Five will be there. Tuesday night away games will always attract less of a following .

Looking forward to this because we can actually clinch it ourselves. Will be good to beat the pre season favourites and media darling at their own ground to win the title.  As much as it would have been great yesterday, we couldn't control the situation, now we can and i fully expect us to win.

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Regarding your first sentence, please explain , how exactly does your post solve the lack of club officials to supervise the buses ?

Turning your post on it’s head, the club ran 2 buses but over 2000 others went by other means , car supporters buses etc. Given the fact Brechin doesn’t even have a Train station , I’d hazard a guess very few went on the train anyway !!

It’s a Tuesday night , there will be vastly reduced demand, I don’t see many if any missing out because of lack of transport from the club.

From my point of view , none of my traveling party of Five will be there. Tuesday night away games will always attract less of a following .

Not really looking to get in to a huge debate on this, but if we wanted to organise more buses it could be done quite easily.  We are the Famous Paisley St Mirren after all.

It's not exactly a typical Tuesday night game.  Winning the title at Tannadice will be a night to remember for the rest of our lives - would be very surprised if most of those who went to Brechin aren't looking to go again on Tuesday.