Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

51 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Does anyone remember a relegation shootout against Dundee in the old FineFare Premier League where the club laid on free buses?

Perhaps we should all write to the St Mirren SLO and pitch the idea. Do the club make any money direct from this game being on BT Sport or is it just lumped into the overall league prize money?

Think I was the only saint fan there that didn't take the bus and just drove up instead. Can't remember the reason why, but by the end of the game paying for petrol wasn't a worry :lol:

How times have changed. The opening game of the 2011/12 league season was away to Dunfermline, 25/07/11,  shown live on BT Sport.

Finished 0-0 (Tommo missed a penalty and vowed never to take another...how we wish he'd kept that promise :rolleyes: ).

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to when the next time we had an away league game broadcast live?

We had 778 fans in Dunfermline on Friday, 1,400 at the Saturday game. 
I'm sure if the club and supporters buses run a few extra, we'll still see big numbers at Dundee United. I'll guess we'll take over 1,000
Supporters buses probably won't as an expensive outlay and if 2nd bus is only half full they will lose money.

Think the club should do something for this as would make a big difference to the size of the crowd.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

How times have changed. The opening game of the 2011/12 league season was away to Dunfermline, 25/07/11,  shown live on BT Sport.

Finished 0-0 (Tommo missed a penalty and vowed never to take another...how we wish he'd kept that promise :rolleyes: ).

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to when the next time we had an away league game broadcast live?

Was it at Ibrox, when  Tommo missed another penalty?

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Where's the need to moan? Most folk will still travel - we're probably getting decent money from BT. Glad they're showing it. Now lets pump them

AFAIK no BT cash goes to clubs for individual league games. The cash is distributed according to league positions at the end of the season.

I had £20 on him first goal 9/1 all my mates celebrated us GETTING THE PENALTY saying £200 so got a bit excited myself.

I never ever since then celebrate getting a penalty.

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Does anyone remember a relegation shootout against Dundee in the old FineFare Premier League where the club laid on free buses?

Perhaps we should all write to the St Mirren SLO and pitch the idea. Do the club make any money direct from this game being on BT Sport or is it just lumped into the overall league prize money?

Think we took over 30 buses that day. Supporters were in the main stand as well as the old terracing behind the goal. Cracking day and result. 

Was planning to head down on the friday night ferry to Aberdeen, arriving on saturday morning - will have to think about Plan B.........will have to fly down on the friday instead I guess.
Never been at Tannadice so was looking forward to it.  
I'm flying down to Aberdeen on Friday and travelling on to Dundee. Booked into the express by holiday inn. I'll see you there.

18 minutes ago, dani bongo said:
1 hour ago, north isles saint said:
Was planning to head down on the friday night ferry to Aberdeen, arriving on saturday morning - will have to think about Plan B.........will have to fly down on the friday instead I guess.
Never been at Tannadice so was looking forward to it.  

I'm flying down to Aberdeen on Friday and travelling on to Dundee. Booked into the express by holiday inn. I'll see you there.

Will keep you posted Allan. David was going to be coming to the game as well but not sure if he will now!!

1 hour ago, munoz said:

Think we took over 30 buses that day. Supporters were in the main stand as well as the old terracing behind the goal. Cracking day and result. 

Club should definitely lay on as many buses as we can fill. Notice they were selling bus tickets through SMFCtickets for games before, perhaps could set up something like that. Fiver a seat, club cover the rest. Would be a great advert for the club if we could pack the away end on live tv! 

I reckon it was away to Partick on 19/09/2014 (the one where Kenny McLean scored the winner from the spot about 4 minutes into added time), so more than 3 years between live away league games.
I missed that game pretty sure it was my birthday and had arranged a night away with the good lady.

Spent most of time in restaurant looking for the latest score.

You're only "pretty sure" when your birthday is? [emoji4]
Didn't notice he put the match date on his post just saw the 2014 part.

Yes, my birthday night out remember I cheered rather loudly when I saw we had scored the winner.

Some strange looks in restaurant but didn't really care.