Dundee Utd v St Mirren, 10th April 2018

3 hours ago, HSS said:

Personally, it would suit me to have all home matches on a Sun as I have to take time off work for all Fri/Sat games.

I'm away for a lie down.

4 hours ago, shull said:

Personally, it would suit me to have all home matches on a Friday night as I have to take time off work for all Saturday Games. 

No need for lie downs for me or probably Ricky also. 

Why do 2 taxi drivers need "To take time off work" to attend matches??? Thought that was the point of being self employed work as and when you want. 

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:
Why do 2 taxi drivers need "To take time off work" to attend matches??? Thought that was the point of being self employed work as and when you want. 

I'm guess HSS Is happy to provide a service for people that will go out at night and have a drink, while Shull is scared of the dark and just want to do the old grannies run from the supermarkets [emoji56] [emoji23]

Edited by renfrew

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, my family have supported St Mirren for a combined total of 3,035 years, good eh? :lol:

Impressive considering that you are your own parents and grandparents

Edited by zico

15 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

It's just disappointing when the two clubs have been the top two clubs in the championship for months, why BT consider at short notice to be a game of interest for them to broadcast.

Short noticed :huh:  Surely 5 weeks or so is enough ?

11 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Short noticed :huh:  Surely 5 weeks or so is enough ?

You know what i mean though. Surely with the fixture lists released before the season starts, the two teams battling it out for top spot since pretty much the couple of months of the season, it would have been one they could have looked at earlier as a calendar filler?  I will still be going, though I can't help but think it may be inconvenient for several people travelling from beyond Paisley for this one (accommodation, flights, other transport etc). 

27 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

You know what i mean though. Surely with the fixture lists released before the season starts, the two teams battling it out for top spot since pretty much the couple of months of the season, it would have been one they could have looked at earlier as a calendar filler?  I will still be going, though I can't help but think it may be inconvenient for several people travelling from beyond Paisley for this one (accommodation, flights, other transport etc). 

I would have thought it was not a forgone conclusion Dundee United and us would be "battling it out for top spot" from the start of the season.

Also, no matter WHEN the game was played, people from beyond Paisley would still have very similar issues with accommodation, flights, other transport.

Edited by faraway saint

Clubs take the tv money so tv decide. I feel 5 weeks is as good as any club in the uk is going to get. If Utd keep getting beat and we keep winning, BT may well regret picking the game [emoji23]

Doesn't Scottish football get any money then? :blink:
Pish compared to England. To be fair its our own doing with bright ideas like "naw sky, were alright, think were gonna go with splTV" etc

I wish we got an 80mil parachute payment when we came down. We could buy Mallan back (as cover for Mcginn incase he gets a wee injury) [emoji16]

Just now, SaintGlenburn said:

Pish compared to England. To be fair its our own doing with bright ideas like "naw sky, were alright, think were gonna go with splTV" etc

I wish we got an 80mil parachute payment when we came down. We could buy Mallan back (as cover for Mcginn incase he gets a wee injury) emoji16.png

It's all relative.

Who the fecks going to tune in to watch most Scottish games, the OF apart, mainly because it's poor quality.

You'd be mad to expect we get anything more than we deserve. 

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It's all relative.

Who the fecks going to tune in to watch most Scottish games, the OF apart, mainly because it's poor quality.

You'd be mad to expect we get anything more than we deserve. 

I don't know.  I've been enjoying my football. :wink: and the rest mainly poor.

Edited by pod

• 2 weeks later...
No Tuesday 27th Game at Home v Falkirk on 27th February but United will be in action that evening V Queen of the South.
I really enjoy an evening game and this one promises to be a 100% , 100 Miles Per Hour Cracker.
Come on ye Saints.
I love a Friday evening game too. This had better be a particularly good one cos when I called the ticket office today to order 7 tickets they accidentally charged me £1,410. On the plus side I think I now own SMISA.

49 minutes ago, billyg said:

Friday nights game between Livvy and Dundee U will tell us a lot , it will show if United are up for the fight or whether they're leaving that to Livingston , I suspect the latter !

As I said elsewhere I'm hoping for a Livy win or a draw.I still fear Utds games in hand more than I fear Livy going on an unbeaten run.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

As I said elsewhere I'm hoping for a Livy win or a draw.I still fear Utds games in hand more than I fear Livy going on an unbeaten run.

With our current lead, 11 and 14 points, we really shouldn't fear anyone.

Both these teams would need to go on a superb run to overcome us, combined with a serious collapse from us.

Nothing is impossible, but it's highly unlikely both could happen.