Ross Stewart sent off for U20s

In tonight's U20 game v Celtic, this tweet was made

So it looks like a straight red card although we don't know for what  offence.

Having looked at the SPFL rules, the Development league counts as "a reserve fixture" and Stewart is part of the 1st team squad.

So we have thisrs1.JPG.f509e6c50404732d7a6aa668ebf737ad.JPG

and this

rs2.JPG.9d1ec4001041461086c4c6b80f23a360.JPG

I guess we'll need to see what the offence was but it looks like he could be suspended for the next 2 league games.

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Shut it, ya trumpet. :)

No , it is more in reference to the one who can't tolerate being disagreed with and throws the toys out of the pram but the toys are always balanced on the edge of the pram , anyway. .

Times are changing however , according to the Guardian newspaper , there are now 5 convictions a week for online abuse. .

45 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

No , it is more in reference to the one who can't tolerate being disagreed with and throws the toys out of the pram but the toys are always balanced on the edge of the pram , anyway. .

Times are changing however , according to the Guardian newspaper , there are now 5 convictions a week for online abuse. .

Show examples of the abuser abusing when he or she disagrees with a footballing opinion please .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

According to the PDE there are 10 cases a week of you trying to get new pals. 

I concur with the PDE.  

Forums can be a hot bed of misunderstandings which then lead onto silly fall outs. On the Dunfermilne v St Mirren thread on pie and bovril I wrote the followng- who was the colourd chap would not mind seeing him in a Saints top. BANG attacked from both Dunfermilne and Saints fans for being racist. That shocked me to the core so much so I contacted a friend who is a criminal lawyer that's  how much it affected me as I'm no racist. Will now agree it could have been worded better but shows it does not take much for abuse to come your way. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Forums can be a hot bed of misunderstandings which then lead onto silly fall outs. On the Dunfermilne v St Mirren thread on pie and bovril I wrote the followng- who was the colourd chap would not mind seeing him in a Saints top. BANG attacked from both Dunfermilne and Saints fans for being racist. That shocked me to the core so much so I contacted a friend who is a criminal lawyer that's  how much it affected me as I'm no racist. Will now agree it could have been worded better but shows it does not take much for abuse to come your way. 

Alan Hansen said something along them lines ,and was totally shocked at what he was inferring , not racism in my mind , just a lack of Anti Discrimination training , as I believe Alan at the time was trying to be sincere with his choice of words.

Alan Hansen said something along them lines ,and was totally shocked at what he was inferring , not racism in my mind , just a lack of Anti Discrimination training , as I believe Alan at the time was trying to be sincere with his choice of words.

I remember that well. He used the term “coloured” twice in discussing “Black” players (think it was the Terry and Suarez incidents) and received a backlash with the BBC receiving about 80 complaints. Stan Collymore jumped in saying “What colour would that be Alan, green, blue, orange?........ we’re black”
Total over reaction from the PC brigade.

I remember that well. He used the term “coloured” twice in discussing “Black” players (think it was the Terry and Suarez incidents) and received a backlash with the BBC receiving about 80 complaints. Stan Collymore jumped in saying “What colour would that be Alan, green, blue, orange?........ we’re black”
Total over reaction from the PC brigade.

46 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Why would you not mind seeing a coloured chap in a Saints top. Is it just reserved for white folk?

I def see why you got it tight mate................... 50 somethings like me, need to be so careful. Christ you cant even ask people age anymore, it infringes their rights 

Edited by DougJamie

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Maybe you dont know , yet , but the individual concerned knows exactly who he is. .:)

The days of the "keyboard warrior " are coming to end it seems . .

Still waiting for your example of a poster making a valid football point then getting abused. 

2 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Maybe you dont know , yet , but the individual concerned knows exactly who he is. .:)

The days of the "keyboard warrior " are coming to end it seems . .

And maybe you can think of another example.

9 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Why would you not mind seeing a coloured chap in a Saints top. Is it just reserved for white folk?

I def see why you got it tight mate................... 50 somethings like me, need to be so careful. Christ you cant even ask people age anymore, it infringes their rights 

Don’t think age is a viable excuse. I’m 52 and haven’t used the world coloured to describe a black person since the 1970s. It makes my toes curl when I hear someone say it. 

THAT SAID, it’s hardly crime of the century and I would never accuse someone who said it of being racist. In my experience 100% of people who use that term think they are saying the right thing. Ignorant possibly, racist never. 

17 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yet not only did you not learn your lesson, you came on here and posted it again!

When Shull and Faraway Saint are the only ones liking your post you now must realise you are in the wrong? The follow up responses of "PC gone mad" and "Can't even ask people their age nowadays" surely seals the deal? 

If you still don't get, look at the irony of a bunch of white & pink faced old men calling a black person, COLOURED?  You're the multi-coloured one!

Christ this takes me back to the 90s....