Thompson Stepping Down

DougJamie

Guest TPAFKATS

He's been happy to sell up for years but no one wants to buy him out.
As much as the fans hate him he's still supporting the losses United are making. Or rather his maw is.

17 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

His family have put a lot of money and time into United. I am not going to slag someone who has done this. As far as I can gather he would like to move to Oz.

Correct Ricky-The Thompsons have been Dundee Utd over decades , however the fans will never forgive him for the sell out to Celtic with star players, which effectively started a decline that they have never recovered from............. Chairman are the club, and Utd fans also have some rather noisy neighbours.......

If that had been us , that lets say Gordon sold Morgan, McGinn and Reilly to United in January, we would also be up in arms

Guest TPAFKATS
Correct Ricky-The Thompsons have been Dundee Utd over decades , however the fans will never forgive him for the sell out to Celtic with star players, which effectively started a decline that they have never recovered from............. Chairman are the club, and Utd fans also have some rather noisy neighbours.......

If that had been us , that lets say Gordon sold Morgan, McGinn and Reilly to United in January, we would also be up in arms
Do you mean selling GMS and Armstrong to Celtic recently or was there players prior to that who I've forgotten about?

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
36 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Do you mean selling GMS and Armstrong to Celtic recently or was there players prior to that who I've forgotten about?

Yes and Cifti, so there top mid, top CF and their winger all for £4m

Guest TPAFKATS
Yes and Cifti, so there top mid, top CF and their winger all for £4m
Yeah, heavily in debt club sell their assets. Fans moan about it but expect chairman to spend more of his money bailing the club out of additional debt afterfans demand club spend more money.
And so the cycle continues...

17 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, heavily in debt club sell their assets. Fans moan about it but expect chairman to spend more of his money bailing the club out of additional debt afterfans demand club spend more money.
And so the cycle continues...

Mate, I do expect the Thompsons to put their money in, or if they don't want to, walk away.................. let someone else in. United core support has stayed loyal throughout the decades, they still for me, did the greatest achievements under McLean, even surpassing Fergie, and the amount of Scottish talent that club has produced is staggering....

They have been sold down the river through bad management on and off the park, but like Hibs under Butcher they never should be relegated. Look what happened to Hibs though. Totally reinvented and financed and in return, they become a top 4 club again................. Thompson never wanted this gig and its showing. He may have stepped down but he still pulls all the strings

Allegedly Craig Whyte is about to make a 75p bid:D  

Guest TPAFKATS
Mate, I do expect the Thompsons to put their money in, or if they don't want to, walk away.................. let someone else in. United core support has stayed loyal throughout the decades, they still for me, did the greatest achievements under McLean, even surpassing Fergie, and the amount of Scottish talent that club has produced is staggering....
They have been sold down the river through bad management on and off the park, but like Hibs under Butcher they never should be relegated. Look what happened to Hibs though. Totally reinvented and financed and in return, they become a top 4 club again................. Thompson never wanted this gig and its showing. He may have stepped down but he still pulls all the strings

Allegedly Craig Whyte is about to make a 75p bid[emoji3]  
Yeah he didn't want to run United but neither did anyone else. At least, no one had the cash to take it on and Thompson would've lost a fair whack walking away. So he took the gamble of trying to continue his father's legacy, hoping he could recoup some cash. Now he's decided he's had enough but he's still likely to lose money.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
5 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Allegedly Craig Whyte is about to make a 75p bidemoji3.png  

Yeah he didn't want to run United but neither did anyone else. At least, no one had the cash to take it on and Thompson would've lost a fair whack walking away. So he took the gamble of trying to continue his father's legacy, hoping he could recoup some cash. Now he's decided he's had enough but he's still likely to lose money.

Correct mate, I cant see any knight in shining armour .......

• 4 weeks later...