Paul Paton

paulsmfc

12 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Again not a rumour as such, but he has been released by the fakes. Would be a tremendous signing for us. Probably be in demand enough to get himself a bigger gig tho. Been spotted in Asda Linwood a few times... Believe he's a local lad! emoji16.png

On his way back to Dundee Utd, apparently. 

24 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Again not a rumour as such, but he has been released by the fakes. Would be a tremendous signing for us. Probably be in demand enough to get himself a bigger gig tho. Been spotted in Asda Linwood a few times... Believe he's a local lad! emoji16.png

I spotted him in Tesco Linwood wearing a Northern Oirland trackie , he's a Rangers fanatic.

6 hours ago, billyg said:

He's a nice guy , always stops to talk when I meet him ! He's going to Dundee Utd, that's two strong defensive midfielders they've signed today. They're still up for the fight by the look of it !

They may be trying to stop the leakage of goals, but have they got anyone to score them.

7 hours ago, billyg said:

He's a nice guy , always stops to talk when I meet him ! He's going to Dundee Utd, that's two strong defensive midfielders they've signed today. They're still up for the fight by the look of it !

I can't see anything to suggest that he has signed for United.

He is a free agent now, of course, so every chance it'll be completed in the coming days.

9 hours ago, billyg said:

I think that Utd's midfield have been their main issue. For most of the season they had leaked the least goals, then they lost Fyvie.. Though they are not just as free scoring as us.

In theory they have decent forwards and attacking midfielders, so getting a bit more defensive nous  in their midfield will most likely help them. I also think they have not been creating enough chances, so not sure their balance of talent has worked well together either..

I guess, for them, even if they cannot catch us, they have invested heavily for a punt at a play-off... but that is not usually easy...

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I think that Utd's midfield have been their main issue. For most of the season they had leaked the least goals, then they lost Fyvie.. Though they are not just as free scoring as us.

In theory they have decent forwards and attacking midfielders, so getting a bit more defensive nous  in their midfield will most likely help them. I also think they have not been creating enough chances, so not sure their balance of talent has worked well together either..

I guess, for them, even if they cannot catch us, they have invested heavily for a punt at a play-off... but that is not usually easy...

Looking at the hundreds of posts, the issue with United is they have thrown the towel in. Had a mare at Bairns and never got over that. Also the seem to be playing 3 left backs.

Also I still think they have a rather high opinion of themselves and a very low one of the Championship.............. so in short- Feck Em

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was talking to his old man last night , St Johnstone will not be offering new contracts to around 7 first-team squad players , they were all made aware during January. PP took his money up front and has had offers from Falkirk , Morton , Livingston , Grimsby and Barnet , he decided on a short-term deal with Plymouth but comes up every Wednesday to see his 8 year old daughter. Undecided about next season !