Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

faraway saint

Poor performance, which has happened every now a then. Crucially we've always bounced back strongly. Bizarre to suggest the performance has anything to do with the events midweek, unless you're suggesting our players lack the intelligence and character to pay their normal game.

Also can't say it's anything to do with players being given time off. Not sure how that would affect them, unless they'd been of from the day of the last game til the day before this one.

It's football, the players are human and can have an off day. They've not had many this season so I think we can allow them on today without trying to overanalyse it.

Back on the horse next week and get another three points in the bag.

Well, that was shite.

Bullied all over the park, and didn't seem focused at all after conceding a ridiculous first goal.

Terrible pitch, a team of hammer throwing opponents, and Ryan f**king Hardie playing against us as he never did for us all contributed, but no complaints at the outcome. The better side on the day won, no question of that. Time to regroup, and get back at it next week.

Not going to overreact but that was tommy Craig era bad! Absolutely toothless and clueless I hate sounding like a doom and gloom merchant but there is no way that team can survive the premiership. Ryan f**kin hardie strolling about like a world beater and nobody even gave him a mild kick really got to me! We Defo  need to  toughen up

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Painful result to look at so glad I did not make it. Dust ourselves down move on. What's this Elvis has been writing regarding  Dundee United being two points behind us when did that happen. 

Read my post

Dire display today. I would like to ask JR. Is Reilly incapable of playing 90mins. down 3.1 and he takes a 20+ goals striker off and puts one on that hasn't even scored for the u20s. Mullin for me the jury is still out. what Sammy was doing for the 1st only he will know. McKenzie should have been on a lot sooner than he did. Bad day. livvy deserved winners. on 2 next week we go.

Really awful trip to the football today.
Horrible pie, horrible bovril, shite seats, terrible view and that was all before the football even started.

We were bullied all over the pitch, Samson made some strange decisions and Livi had one or two good finishes.

There was a real lack of cohesion between midfield and the front line. Missing Ian McShane? I would say so.

Let's hope we react in the same way we have after previous defeats.

Really awful trip to the football today.
Horrible pie, horrible bovril, shite seats, terrible view and that was all before the football even started.

We were bullied all over the pitch, Samson made some strange decisions and Livi had one or two good finishes.

There was a real lack of cohesion between midfield and the front line. Missing Ian McShane? I would say so.

Let's hope we react in the same way we have after previous defeats.
My steak pie was the pie of the season.
My Bovril with three peppers hit the spot.
The seats handled my lardy ass just fine.

However...

I agree we were bullied.
We saw today what McShane brings to the team. Like many before him.in that role though, we only see it when it isn't there.

He was sorely missed.

Hippolyte and Reilly to start together next week. Flynn on the bench.

Reilly poor today.  Feel he's better with someone to play off. Mullen need to be pushing him for a start also.

Mackenzie not match fit but we need his presence so we can defend crosses and high balls into the box as well as a threat at set pieces. Mackenzie was outstanding for us last season alongside Davies. We need him back. Tough decisions need to be made. Brechin will give him a 90 mins under his belt also.

First half was shocking today after the first goal.

Edited by lenziebud

I think some on here are being quite harsh over today's performance, it's our first league defeat since Dumbarton.

If Miller & Hardie played the way (they always seem to play against St Mirren) they wouldn't be at Livingston.

I think the large away support actually motivated Livingston more than us.

The way Livingston play is total anti football punt the ball as far up the pitch to the big guy and get players up to support it won't win any beautiful football awards but will win matches but not nearly enough to trouble us at top of the league.

However...

I agree we were bullied.
We saw today what McShane brings to the team. Like many before him.in that role though, we only see it when it isn't there.

He was sorely missed.
It was the position of the seats that were shite as opposed to the size of the seats.

Terrible day at the office today. Tactics were were a bit off, continually lumping balls from the back up to Reilly or Morgan out on the wing which 9 times out of 10 was easily mopped up by the Livy defence, if we were going to be doing that throughout the game we should have started Hippolyte up alongside Reilly to provide a bit of an aerial presence.  Still no clue why Jack always seems to hook Reilly after 60 minutes or so in the majority of games for Mullen, he must have his reasons, but in my opinion Mullen is just not up to the same quality of Reilly, hopefully he proves me wrong but so far Mullen has done virtually nothing in a st mirren shirt and just seems to be very of the pace of the games he has been involved in.  Defensively today we were all over the place, the first goal was beyond laughable, Baird was under pressure but was getting to the ball before the striker, no clue what Sammy was thinking coming out for the ball miles of his line. No communication between the 2 at all. The 4th goal was just horrendous aswell, took an absolute age to clear our lines and eventually played a slack lazy ball to the keeper before being intercepted , although the game was long gone by then, the complete lack of effort at the time once the Livy player got the ball to either close him down or for Sammy to get back on his line was poor. Put it down to the team having an off day, and hopefully if we can manage to beat Brechin next week the confidence will return, but today was not a good display at all.

We have no divine right to win a game.

A lot of our players, and our management team, had off days. We've all had these and we regroup and get on with it.

Difference is we don't have big babies roaring and greeting about it on a forum.

I'd like to thank the players and management for making me enjoy football again this season. I can live with the odd defeat.

I'm sure next week we will be better.:thumbs2

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

However...

I agree we were bullied.

He was sorely missed.

Don't think McShane missing was the problem today. Magennis bring more to the team in the center mid role and is a better player. McShane si a decent player but goes missing a lot of the time IMO.

We cant defend high balls in to the box and get bullied every time it happens. Its not the first time this season. 

We need a presence in center defence to defend high balls. We had it last season with Gary Mackenzie. Need to get him match fit and back in the side.

Also can't quite get the tactics of Morgan and Flynn out wide with Reilly through the center. As I've said elsewhere I'd put Flynn on the bench and start Hyppolyte with Reilly.

Suspect though that McShane may be back next week with Magennis back on the right !

Edited by lenziebud