Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

faraway saint

3 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

refuses to criticise his team who have sweated blood guts and tears for him club and the fans this past year,  Well said LPM, just thought id finish your post, while you nipped of to the loo  :toilet

So its ok he holds neither his antics of the last week as responsible for an ill prepared team over run by route one football, or indeed the people who looked like theyd never played the game before. Its probably my fault then, or yours, or all the fans?

and tell me this..? Does the fact McInnes laid it on the line to his players make him a bad manager?

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

So its ok he holds neither his antics of the last week as responsible for an ill prepared team over run by route one football, or indeed the people who looked like theyd never played the game before. Its probably my fault then, or yours, or all the fans?

Al take the rap.... I stuck them on my coupon and I never win :oops

47 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

refuses to criticise his team who have sweated blood guts and tears for him club and the fans this past year,  Well said LPM, just thought id finish your post, while you nipped of to the loo  :toilet

Don't be silly.

It doesn't suit his obsessed  and petulant agenda.

He's delighted to criticise the manager, whose efforts have us clear at the top of the league, incessantly, but also quite happy to bask in the success of the team.

Completely deranged.

Some players need an arm round them, others respond better to the hairdryer but no squad responds particularly well to a collective public rubbishing so I think most sane rational thinkers know full well who gave the most beneficial post match interview . Man management has moved on since the 80s where McInnes' interview was common place. JR made tactical mistakes yesterday but the last thing you can fault in his time at our club are his man management abilities.

a draw,as long as we pick up 6 points,just seen livvy highlights,enough said,but a believe giving players full week off and jack going away for interview midweek was 2 major r factors,let's hope we see a very angry and hungry team Saturday and Tuesday and beyond,so disappointed by every player but ,COYS

Edited by paul torfason
spelling error

5 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Samson completely at fault for their equaliser no need to rush out and take out Baird he was getting to the ball easily. Guy of his experience should know better hopefully won’t of knocked jacks confidence as he had been doing great up until yesterday

He was poor for the 4th goal as well :(

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

How do you know we never got a "bounce"? Maybe we would have been even worse if Jack had left. Or do you have the proverbial crystal ball and know what the performance and score would have been if he had left?

Naw? Didnae think so.

So you're saying that one manager acts like Yogi Hughes did after being pumped by us last season and the other doesn't?

Oh dear.... thats a piss poor response even by your lowly standards. "Bounce" ha, ha, ha.... so Ross saved us a humiliation by not being picked for the Barnsley job..? I cant tell you how laugh out loud funny that is.

Never mind leave it to the fans to get us over the line

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

Two things.

1. Lookatme is an attention seeking fanny who revels in any hint that we might not be as good as our league position suggest.

2. That strip is a f**king abomination that should not be worn to play football at any time in the future.

I agree with number 2 . Dreadful Strip

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Interesting contrast in reactions by managers on the receiving end of a do-ing yesterday. On the way back from the game McInnes was being interviewed and it was clear he was seething that his players failed to compete, failed to win challenges and he had told them so, and told them how well Hibs played.

contrast that with our manager who insists yesterday's humping had nothing to do with the circus around his application for the Barnsley job, and he added he wasnt going to blame the players either. One manager takes responsibility and makes their shortcomings clear to his players, whilst the other.........

Does this mean that he takes no responsibility for their performance? :wasntme

No... he was quite clear in the interview that he took his responsibility, and he would make sure his team took theirs. It was quite a contrast in managerial styles given Ross often cites McInnes as a mentor and sounding board.

Serious question. Are you unhappy with the way Jack has led his team over the last year?

IMO , if either team loses , their hopes of challenging us may well be gone and they should be more concerned with securing a play off place. Also , Morton play Dumbarton midweek , United May go into the Livy game just two points ahead of Ton, albeit with two games in hand.
Even though I still think we will win this league with a bit to spare( I know these posts annoy Shull so another reason to re-post again).

The way the fixtures panned out due to postponed/abandoned games United play QotS 3 times & Livingston play Morton 3 times so the chances of beating the same team 3 times in 8 weeks imo is slim & now that the play off places are tightening up nicely these games suddenly got alot harder for them, even Falkirk are only 6 points off a play off place.

I think the fact we have nearly played everyone 3 times already helps our run in no chance of getting involved in grudge matches which might happen to our rivals playing the same teams so often in short space of time.