Livingston v St Mirren 17th Feb

faraway saint

9 hours ago, Hambud said:
17 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
So its ok he holds neither his antics of the last week as responsible for an ill prepared team over run by route one football, or indeed the people who looked like theyd never played the game before. Its probably my fault then, or yours, or all the fans?
and tell me this..? Does the fact McInnes laid it on the line to his players make him a bad manager?

It makes him a different manager. Ffs.

It does.... it makes him a manager who takes and makes sure everyone takes their share of responsibility. 

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So if i have a different view to you, i am an attention seeker..? Surely you can see the irony in people screaming 'attention seeker' thereby drawing greater attention to themselves?

as regards Ross, perhaps you missed the post on the same page where i repeated yet again i dont know another manager we could realistically got who would have the team where it is currently. What you and a few other posters seem to be expressing is your anger/frustration regarding if we've had a bad game, or the manager has made a bad decision by jumping down my throat for highlighting what some dont like facing.

thats not attention seeking, thats being prepared to critically analyse how we are performing, and what may be affecting that. Other people take the view 'everything's great, and no one can do wrong'. Thats their prerogative.

worth adding, on the way to game on Saturday i tuned in to 'Off The Ball' and they were, as you would expect ripping into Ross after he pulled out of a job he wasnt going to get, and stated he had 'loyalty to the club' etc they posed the reasonable question 'so why did you get in your car and drive to Barnsley then?'

back to the game, surely even the most fervent 'its all gravy' fan can see we were poorly prepared for that game, and what Livvy through at us, and any reaction to try and shore us up came too late as the game had gone from us.

i have supported the team for decades, and believe me a few silly comments by ill informed people arent going to change that. If they want to seek attention by continually insulting other saints fans thats up to them.

Agree totally. The angry Posse hate differing opinions. 

Screaming 'attention seeker' or 'mentally ill' is their default while Chief Mocker, FTOF points and laughs in the background adding absolutely zero to our Forum. 

Attention seeking using an alias 

How the feck does that work ? 

On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 10:57 PM, Al Bundy said:

Draw between Livingston and Dundee Utd please.

A draw or Livy win for me.I still see Utd as a bigger threat to us with their 3 games in hand plus a game v us at Tannadice. 

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Do you know what I took from all that rambling?

That you're now seeking attention by playing the victim card.

By victim card are you referring to the continual stream of insults and abuse directed at me by what are apparently grown adult men?

or by me highlighting the abuse and insults you get if you have a different view to the posse?

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

I'm referring to you claiming that you are receiving abuse and insults for just having a different opinion.

It could be said that if someone calls someone else a dickhead, for example, then they are just expressing their opinion.

Edit: Can you stop the posse patter? Just because more than one person disagrees with you, it does not mean there is a posse, it just means that more than one person disagrees with you.

Here's perhaps a telling question?

why do you (and their are others) continually seek to attack me personally on a saints fans forum, rather than use the forum for what i presume it was intended for and talk about St Mirren, going to the game, the whole experience etc..?

why is there a posse who seem obssesed with trolling on a personal level? They add nothing to any debate, and the have the front to call others negative. I post about my club, team etc, the perversion of bile that sometimes follows that is indeed akin to a bigot brothers forum where anything but football is debated.

there are people on here who seem to be willing others to have, or suffer mental illness ffs.. what is wrong with these individuals? And those who join in...? What on earth are you doing? We know the mods dont give a flying f**k about it, so isnt it time we self policed, or simply self restrained before posting these shocking comments. Or is it fair game to ridicule, or wish mental illness on others on here?

and you laughing say i play the victim card.... tell you what i am happy and proud to stand up against anyone peddling this obnoxious, moronic abuse. Hopefully a few others will also be willing to call these characters out on it.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

why do you (and their are others) continually seek to attack me personally on a saints fans forum, rather than use the forum for what i presume it was intended for and talk about St Mirren, going to the game, the whole experience etc..?

why is there a posse who seem obssesed with trolling on a personal level? They add nothing to any debate, and the have the front to call others negative. I post about my club, team etc, the perversion of bile that sometimes follows that is indeed akin to a bigot brothers forum where anything but football is debated.

there are people on here who seem to be willing others to have, or suffer mental illness ffs.. what is wrong with these individuals? And those who join in...? What on earth are you doing? We know the mods dont give a flying f**k about it, so isnt it time we self policed, or simply self restrained before posting these shocking comments. Or is it fair game to ridicule, or wish mental illness on others on here?

and you laughing say i play the victim card.... tell you what i am happy and proud to stand up against anyone peddling this obnoxious, moronic abuse. Hopefully a few others will also be willing to call these characters out on it.

Well said Sir. 

On 05/08/2017 at 8:12 PM, FTOF said:

Not going to happen until he's sectioned.

On 05/08/2017 at 8:39 PM, munoz said:

Fuk off ya clueless prick .

Got the above for having the temerity of believing our goalkeeper ain't good enough. 

I may have been wrong about Sammy as he has since saved a fecking penalty. 

Naw, I still think I called it right. 

:)

10 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
22 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

When have I attacked you personally?

The overwhelming majority of your posts (not just to me) have nothing to do with a debate on football, but instead a series of slights, maybe intended as humour but when thats all you post in response to an individual what other conclusion are they to draw other than personal attack?

5 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Maybe because most of my posts are on threads that are not about football?

Let's take this thread as an example of me posting on a football related thread. Where have I been abusive or personally attacked you?

On this thread? No not really abusive or taking continual digs, but i am sure if you reflect on others you will see where i am coming from. You continually respond to me, which mainly takes the form of some sort of point scoring/dig/slight and usually nothing to do with the debate about football. That might be your M.O. But i really dont get why you have to persue it when it doesnt relate to the debate.

yes if you think i am wrong say so, disagree, but please can we keep it about football?

can you tell me, do you agree that it is shameful to read the comments of some posters willing mental health issues on others? Shouldnt we adopt a zero tolerance approach to that tupe of moronic comment?

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The overwhelming majority of your posts (not just to me) have nothing to do with a debate on football, but instead a series of slights, maybe intended as humour but when thats all you post in response to an individual what other conclusion are they to draw other than personal attack?

LP sometimes you have a valid point or slant which is not always well received - that is part of life... 

But quite often you get into a spiral of less convincing or non factual arguments to support your stance... so you loss any traction that you might otherwise have...

You can lay down arguments without trying to win them - and flogging a dead horse is never any good..

Join in - think about what you are trying to say; think about whether what you are saying is being said smartly, then who knows..

We don't want everyone having the same opinions... but come on, give us a chance to agree with you more often or when we disagree, don't get caught up in the nonsense: having a go at folk (even if they have a go at you), trying to justify yourself, constantly repeating your stance without considering other arguments etc. etc.  

I don't say any of this to insult you - but I don't know how many times you have had me on-board but very quickly you blow it..

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So if i have a different view to you, i am an attention seeker..? Surely you can see the irony in people screaming 'attention seeker' thereby drawing greater attention to themselves?

as regards Ross, perhaps you missed the post on the same page where i repeated yet again i dont know another manager we could realistically got who would have the team where it is currently. What you and a few other posters seem to be expressing is your anger/frustration regarding if we've had a bad game, or the manager has made a bad decision by jumping down my throat for highlighting what some dont like facing.

thats not attention seeking, thats being prepared to critically analyse how we are performing, and what may be affecting that. Other people take the view 'everything's great, and no one can do wrong'. Thats their prerogative.

worth adding, on the way to game on Saturday i tuned in to 'Off The Ball' and they were, as you would expect ripping into Ross after he pulled out of a job he wasnt going to get, and stated he had 'loyalty to the club' etc they posed the reasonable question 'so why did you get in your car and drive to Barnsley then?'

back to the game, surely even the most fervent 'its all gravy' fan can see we were poorly prepared for that game, and what Livvy through at us, and any reaction to try and shore us up came too late as the game had gone from us.

i have supported the team for decades, and believe me a few silly comments by ill informed people arent going to change that. If they want to seek attention by continually insulting other saints fans thats up to them.

So you are effectively playing the victim now that I've asked a valid question. Can you explain to me where I insulted you ? I pointed out that in my opinion that you were trolling or attention seeking. I stand by that opinion and the majority of posters probably think the same. It's a fitba forum so you batter in with your agenda until your hearts content. 

48 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

So you are effectively playing the victim now that I've asked a valid question. Can you explain to me where I insulted you ? I pointed out that in my opinion that you were trolling or attention seeking. I stand by that opinion and the majority of posters probably think the same. It's a fitba forum so you batter in with your agenda until your hearts content. 

You speak for the majority of posters? Dont think so bud. And i will always speak out against people wishing mental illness on others, thats the way i am made, i am sure there are others in here who see it equally as moronic.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Got the above for having the temerity of believing our goalkeeper ain't good enough. 

I may have been wrong about Sammy as he has since saved a fecking penalty. 

Naw, I still think I called it right. 

:)

Yep you did. Shull the goalkeeping expert decided after one league game (which we won 3-1) , that Samson should be released immediately. He has since then went on to help contribute to our 54 points tally thus far. Maybe if you attended more games , your opinion of our league cup winning goalkeeper might differ, but somehow I doubt it. 

22 minutes ago, munoz said:

Yep you did. Shull the goalkeeping expert decided after one league game (which we won 3-1) , that Samson should be released immediately. He has since then went on to help contribute to our 54 points tally thus far. Maybe if you attended more games , your opinion of our league cup winning goalkeeper might differ, but somehow I doubt it. 

Mate, as Shull has more posts than anyone else, he therefore knows more about football than anyone else, as ably proven in at least 5 of his 60000 posts

The BOD, even with promotion , may sack Jack for not winning the Diddy Cup 2 seasons running .................... and Shull called it ......................:P

40 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You speak for the majority of posters? Dont think so bud. And i will always speak out against people wishing mental illness on others, thats the way i am made, i am sure there are others in here who see it equally as moronic.

There you go again, I haven't mentioned anything to do with wishing mental illness on anyone let alone you. It's actually quite amusing that you and the likes of Shull continue to troll this site and then spit the dummy when you get called out for it. As I said before, you go ahead and fill your boots. 

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

There you go again, I haven't mentioned anything to do with wishing mental illness on anyone let alone you. It's actually quite amusing that you and the likes of Shull continue to troll this site and then spit the dummy when you get called out for it. As I said before, you go ahead and fill your boots. 

" The likes of " :blink:

Some of the above Buddies are so superior and they love pulling rank and telling the rest of us.

I have never been to a Brazil match but I knew Pele was a class act.

12 minutes ago, shull said:

" The likes of " :blink:

Some of the above Buddies are so superior and they love pulling rank and telling the rest of us.

I have never been to a Brazil match but I knew Pele was a class act.

I am sure I have never been in the back of your cab, however I know your a gobsh!te :P

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Mate, as Shull has more posts than anyone else, he therefore knows more about football than anyone else, as ably proven in at least 5 of his 60000 posts

The BOD, even with promotion , may sack Jack for not winning the Diddy Cup 2 seasons running .................... and Shull called it ......................:P

5? Are you sure?

They must be among the ones nobodies quoted.

Edited by stlucifer