Dundee United friday

1 hour ago, fan4ever said:

We are playing a game on Tuesday 27th February then again  on the Friday. I think that is quite a close. So I hope we can get the game won in the first half on the Tuesday and start to rest players for the Friday night

Are we allowed to chuck it at half time and go home ? 

We are playing a game on Tuesday 27th February then again  on the Friday. I think that is quite a close. So I hope we can get the game won in the first half on the Tuesday and start to rest players for the Friday night
Utd are also playing on the Tuesday [emoji23]

The week of the 23rd from the Friday to the  following Friday is going to be huge.

The Saturday and Tuesday presents an opportunity to put another 6 points on the board from two home games. The Brechin game in particular is another opportunity to put space between ourselves and the pack as Utd meet Livi on the Friday night and a draw there would be completely ideal.

If we can do the business in our next 3 league games - which I believe we can, we could conceivably be going to Tannadice with the mindset that if we win, it's over but even if we get beat, it's nothing approaching a disaster. I never thought that could be the case a few short weeks ago.

As djchapsticks says above the midweek game is part of the regular schedule, Utd. have a midweek game too so they're in the same boat as us.

Utd. will then have three games in hand all of which (I'm pretty sure?) will have to be played midweek between now and the final Saturday of the season. If we can win against Brechin we really heap the pressure on Utd. (& Livi) - the only two teams I reckon have a realistic chance of catching us.

It always was I suppose but it really is in our hands now - the only thing that can stop us now is complacency, if that's not too complacent to say. :wacko:

We didn't have to get out of 2nd gear during the second half on Saturday.

If we consistently play as we did in the first half, it will matter not a jot how the fixtures are set out, we won't be caught.

There will no doubt be a few setbacks, but we are in a fantastic position.

Calm heads required folks. Just get behind the team and the business will be done.

Edited by Drew

Guest TPAFKATS
With Dun Utd now losing Toshney for the season to injury you have to wonder,  should they lose their next league game, how much will they will be dreading taking to the field. With a crackpot manager assembling recruits from weather ravaged outposts of european football they will be lucky to finish in a play off spot.
That's us doomed now

Just now, TPAFKATS said:
54 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
With Dun Utd now losing Toshney for the season to injury you have to wonder,  should they lose their next league game, how much will they will be dreading taking to the field. With a crackpot manager assembling recruits from weather ravaged outposts of european football they will be lucky to finish in a play off spot.

That's us doomed now

Surely you've heard by now..?

2 hours ago, Drew said:

We didn't have to get out of 2nd gear during the second half on Saturday.

If we consistently play as we did in the first half, it will matter not a jot how the fixtures are set out, we won't be caught.

There will no doubt be a few setbacks, but we are in a fantastic position.

Calm heads required folks. Just get behind the team and the business will be done.

A lot of teams are showing us too much respect, which I think Queens did on Saturday. Defenders also seem to panic when faced with Reilly/Smith/Morgan closing them down. Lost count of the number of times it was lumped out of play with no attempt to play it forward - sheer panic. Inviting pressure on themselves.

Hopefully we can use this free week to get the new guys bedded into the way we play and what's expected of them, and also for possibly a couple of days off to recharge the batteries for guys who have played almost every game this season, like Morgan, Smith, Reilly, Baird and McGinn.

Having followed us for nearly 40 years, I can never totally relax, but I'm as confident as I can be that we'll keep on picking up enough points to maintain a decent cushion.

10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

A lot of teams are showing us too much respect, which I think Queens did on Saturday. Defenders also seem to panic when faced with Reilly/Smith/Morgan closing them down. Lost count of the number of times it was lumped out of play with no attempt to play it forward - sheer panic. Inviting pressure on themselves.

Hopefully we can use this free week to get the new guys bedded into the way we play and what's expected of them, and also for possibly a couple of days off to recharge the batteries for guys who have played almost every game this season, like Morgan, Smith, Reilly, Baird and McGinn.

Having followed us for nearly 40 years, I can never totally relax, but I'm as confident as I can be that we'll keep on picking up enough points to maintain a decent cushion.

Its a good point. The one thing that all teams have had that win this league is pace. That's what Jack has done for us. Defenders hate people running at them

18 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Thats a very good point. 

Another week together will help the team gel and enable Jack & James to assess what we have , and how best to use the squad we have in the run in.

All the other teams will be cutting each others throats also. As things stand, every team has something to play for. Even Brechin have the prize of that elusive first win. As such, they will not be downing tools, and whilst that means we will have some tough games, that applies to Livingston and United also.

I'm far from complacent, but we are very much in the box seat and can only throw it away now. Is that likely to happen? I can't see it.

5 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Thats a very good point. 

Another week together will help the team gel and enable Jack & James to assess what we have , and how best to use the squad we have in the run in.

Jack said in his post match interview that players would be given time off now-  anyone know how long ? Wonder if they’re allowed to escape to sun.