St Mirren v Falkirk 27th February

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Good news , found you something to do. 

http://www.whatsonrenfrewshire.co.uk/event/012040-quiz-night!/

Not the worst suggestion. Is that the Old Arkleston Inn? It wasn't a regular haunt but I have been to a few soirees in there in the past.

42 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Saint in exile will not be a happy bunny, & rightly so.  Flights and hire car booked and paid for... money down the drain.  :angry::thumbsdown  Poor show from the club.

Bloody right I'm not happy.  I get to few enough games as it is, and one weeks notice is a f*cking joke! Never mind the money element, it's out of order!

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Credit where credit is dûe, good move by the club, just the Scotland U20 lads to consider now. If three are called incl Morgan who aint our player will we have to call off our rearranged fixture? 

No, you don’t have to call it off if you don’t want to.  Doesn’t matter whether the player is on loan or a permanent signing if 3 are called up then you can request a postponement.

4 minutes ago, scottd said:

No, you don’t have to call it off if you don’t want to.  Doesn’t matter whether the player is on loan or a permanent signing if 3 are called up then you can request a postponement.

Then like you say hopefully the club have consider this and perhaps been given a wink over selection by Scot Gemmill, otherwise its going to be feckin embarrassing if our three lads are called up and we need to postpone again?

1 minute ago, norrie82 said:

Even if it's only two of them why would you play without two of your best players.?  Seems strange to even consider it.  We should be playing next Tues night.  

Indeed.

Why go into a game potentially without Morgan and Magennis?

Seems a very, very strange decision.

52 minutes ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, East Lothian Saint said:
Fecking Match has been moved to Saturday 24th March. Thanks very much saints, whilst it may suit the rest of the world I had a fecking hotel booked.  Any suggestions what to do in Paisley when St Mirren aren't playing.

Cancel the Hotel?

If Only. I can change the dates but can't cancel. Took the cheap option when I booked thinking there's only 14 days till the game what can go wrong. No point in changing the dates for weekend games which I don't really need or the room rates double.  I was going to stay over for the Morton game on 21st April and the hotel have amended the booking so instead of two rooms for one night I now have one room for two nights in April.  Fecking inconvenience but not the end of the world. 7 Days notice is utter sh*** though.

52 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Even if it's only two of them why would you play without two of your best players.?  Seems strange to even consider it.  We should be playing next Tues night.  

3  . . . Liam ?Smith too

edit to say . . . f**k it . . Wish I scrolled up  before posting

Edited by saintargyll

3 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

East Lothian Saint will probably blame all of them and the SFA, SPFL and everyone else, probably including my dead granny. But only after he's found out that he can't switch his hotel booking back. :whistle

Aye if it wisnae fur your deid granny. you wouldn't be taking the P.   Aye put her on the list too!    :thumbsdown

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Why go into a game potentially without Morgan and Magennis?

Seems a very, very strange decision.

Clearly someone , presumably Chief Exec , has screwed up. If only  two are chosen for Scotland squad we have to play with a weakened side. Lots of people on this site were able to work out the potential disaster so how come the club were unable to do so .  Or  if they have perhaps we will be told the reason

Seeing as there are two threads...

The Club would like to address the decision to rearrange our match with Falkirk from its scheduled Tuesday 27th February date to Saturday 24th March. 

The team were due to face Dumbarton in a Ladbrokes Championship fixture on Saturday 24th March. However, Dumbarton's win over The New Saints last Saturday saw them reach the final of the IRN-BRU Cup meaning that match would have to be rearranged. Falkirk were due to face Inverness Caledonian Thistle the same day, but as Inverness also made the final it too would have to be rearranged. This would have left ourselves and Falkirk with a free weekend. 

The Club discussed the potential for moving the match and came to an agreement with Falkirk to move the match from Tuesday 27th February to Saturday 24th March. This was approved yesterday by the SPFL. 

We understand the frustration and disappointment this fixture change has caused some supporters. However, we can assure supporters that this decision wasn't taken lightly. 

The team are due to play Brechin City this Saturday (24th February) and Dundee United a week on Friday (2nd March). The decision taken means the players won't now face three matches in six days. 

We would like to apologise to any supporters who have been inconvenienced by the fixture change, but hope they can understand the reason behind the decision.

Tickets purchased for the Falkirk match will be valid for the rearranged date. If anyone is unable to attend they can contact the ticket office at 0141-840-6130 or email [email protected] for a refund. 

Anyone who had booked hospitality for the Falkirk match is advised to contact Commercial Manager, Campbell Kennedy on 0141-840-1337 or email [email protected]

1 minute ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Seeing as there are two threads...

The Club would like to address the decision to rearrange our match with Falkirk from its scheduled Tuesday 27th February date to Saturday 24th March. 

The team were due to face Dumbarton in a Ladbrokes Championship fixture on Saturday 24th March. However, Dumbarton's win over The New Saints last Saturday saw them reach the final of the IRN-BRU Cup meaning that match would have to be rearranged. Falkirk were due to face Inverness Caledonian Thistle the same day, but as Inverness also made the final it too would have to be rearranged. This would have left ourselves and Falkirk with a free weekend. 

The Club discussed the potential for moving the match and came to an agreement with Falkirk to move the match from Tuesday 27th February to Saturday 24th March. This was approved yesterday by the SPFL. 

We understand the frustration and disappointment this fixture change has caused some supporters. However, we can assure supporters that this decision wasn't taken lightly. 

The team are due to play Brechin City this Saturday (24th February) and Dundee United a week on Friday (2nd March). The decision taken means the players won't now face three matches in six days. 

We would like to apologise to any supporters who have been inconvenienced by the fixture change, but hope they can understand the reason behind the decision.

Tickets purchased for the Falkirk match will be valid for the rearranged date. If anyone is unable to attend they can contact the ticket office at 0141-840-6130 or email [email protected] for a refund. 

Anyone who had booked hospitality for the Falkirk match is advised to contact Commercial Manager, Campbell Kennedy on 0141-840-1337 or email [email protected]

Three matches in seven days. Perfectly normal for football teams to do.

I’d be pissed off at short notice of this if I’d planned to come up, but I really wouldn’t be worried about the Scotland U21 game. There is not a hope in hell we will release at least 2 key players from a crucial league match for a friendly against Andorra.

JR will have a word with Scot Gemmill and that will be that. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’d be pissed off at short notice of this if I’d planned to come up, but I really wouldn’t be worried about the Scotland U21 game. There is not a hope in hell we will release at least 2 key players from a crucial league match for a friendly against Andorra.

My thoughts too.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Its not a friendly, and should a manager deny international recognition for young players for a game the club set the date for?

all we can hope for is three call ups and yet another rescheule.