St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

16 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Sadly, given JR's fantastic work here, being linked with managerless clubs was always going to happen. He even managed to relieve us of the distraction of extra games in the diddy cup.:)

You would think that Barnsley's owners would take a punt on a far more experience manager for the short term, to try and avoid relegation. Then they might come back for JR in the summer, depending on the outcome.

Unfortunately, this is part and parcel of have a manager of JR's quality at the helm. The timing is highly unfortunate, but on the plus side we could still have a clown like Rae or Murray in charge and we wouldn't be experiencing this problem.

No idea on how this one is going to pan out.:unsure:

Another pathetic mocker who thinks we can win the SPFL Premiership. :lol:

I do not think Jack will go to Barnsley. When he leaves us it will be straight to the English Premiership. He is an intelligent man and he know you can't guarantee having the same working relationships that are currently enjoyed by all right now at St Mirren park. I believe Jack wants to achieve something special with us before he moves and he hasn't done that yet. Hopfully we'll have a statement from the club either way today.

Straight from the Club's own  website from 7th February - Keep calm (and cross your fingers)!:

St Mirren manager Jack Ross was named the Ladbrokes Championship Manager of the Month yesterday, after picking up 10 points out of 12 in the month of January.

The team have been in fine form over the New Year period, going on a nine game unbeaten run in the league. But The Saints’ gaffer doesn’t fear his team will get ahead of themselves.

It was the second month in a row that the gaffer has picked up the award and he said: "I know people always say ‘how to do you stop players from getting carried away’ or ‘make sure their feet are on the ground’, but what I have here is a group I’ve worked, in the main, with over the last year.

Obviously we’ve had some change in personnel, but a good core of them that have been here.

"The good thing is there has been a consistency in our approach, when we were bottom of the league and now we’re top of the league, we do the same things. We prepare in the same way, we work in the same way.

"The players trust that method of working, so for us going into this period, it’s reassuring for me as a manger that they’ll not look to do anything differently and they know I wont do anything differently.”

Ross is also keeping his own feet on the ground and insists he isn't phased by the prospect of potentially managing in the Premiership next season, if his side are able to hold on to first spot in the Scottish Championship. St Mirren currently sit 14 points ahead of second place club Dundee Utd.

He continued: "I don't really think too much about it, simply because - and I'm not saying you don't ever allow yourself to think further ahead - I just love managing full stop.

I love this job; I loved the job when we were bottom of the league, I love the job now, I loved the job when I was at Alloa. I just really enjoy doing it."

"I enjoy the the challenge of games week in week out. I enjoy the problem solving aspect of it, I enjoy trying to find a way to win games and I enjoying working with my players. If that happens to come with us progressing to a different league, and different challenges, then brilliant. If it doesn't I'll still enjoy it."

The biggest hint that this aint happening is that it originated in that scummy rag of a paper.

Until I hear from an actual source, which doesn't base it's story on the original, then I'm quite relaxed.

ETA: Should this not be in the Rumour Mill at best? 

Edited by Soctty

13 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Hopfully we'll have a statement from the club either way today.

"The Club has become aware of a press story surrounding a potential approach for our manager, Jack Ross, from an English Championship Club.

We would take this opportunity to confirm that, whilst we do not welcome speculation of this nature in tawdry shitrags, we accept that it is inevitable when our manager is currently leading the club back to the top tier of Scottish football.

Jack Ross is firmly committed to ensuring that St Mirren aren't merely 'on our way' but that we will pump a few of our closest rivals en route. He enjoys it, and intends to be in the dugoot as we do just that on Saturday coming.

The BoD of St Mirren Football Club would therefore like to pass on a message to The Sun 'newspaper', that it can shove its mischief making story up its skitter-encrusted arse. We have bigger fish to fry, so f**k off back to the gutter where you belong, you bottom-feeding shitehawks"

Edited by Drew

Just now, Drew said:

"The Club has become aware of a press story surrounding a potential approach for our manager, Jack Ross, from an English Championship Club.

We would take this opportunity to confirm that, whilst we do not welcome speculation in tawdry shitrags of this nature, we accept that it is inevitable when our manager is currently leading the club back to the top tier of Scottish football.

Jack Ross is firmly committed to ensuring that St Mirren aren't merely 'on our way' but that we will pump a few of our closest rivals en route. He enjoys it, and intends to be in the dugoot as we do just that on Saturday coming.

The BoD of St Mirren Football Club would therefore like to pass on a message to The Sun 'newspaper', that it can shove its mischief making story up its skitter-encrusted arse. We have bigger fish to fry, so f**k off back to the gutter where you belong, you bottom-feeding shitehawks"

Yes... i'd take something along those lines :D

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

It took Jack a few months to get a momentum and winning formula going with ourselves, notably with a transfer window to work within to turn things around. The new manager of Barnsley does not have time or a transfer window on their side to help them avoid a relegation battle.

Good points, and given there are a few 'proven' English championship managers names being thrown around it certainly isnt a shoeing for Ross. Inam sure it will be sorted either way very swiftly. Barnsley need someone in ASAP.

but if the unthinkable was to happen, who do,you think we should target? I have thought that Johnston at Dunfermline puts out a good side

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Not even speculation, then. Bollocks, as they claimed the club had granted permission for Barnsley to talk to Jack.

It was the scummy rag - bollocks is my default reaction to their speculation. Although sometimes they get lucky with their lies...

A lot of opinions back on forward on if he will or if he wouldn't go. Personally I'm really not sure. Can see him possibly holding out for a better club since it's very likely his reputation will increase further after the title is confirmed. On the other hand it's kind of stick or twist. Things could start to go wrong, another job offer might not come, he could still be here next season and lose his first 10 SP games. It's all ifs and buts right now. 

What I would say to the people saying it's probably rubbish from the Sun. No smoke without fire, I think now it's been widely reported it's likely Barnsley have made an approach. Agreeing to let them talk to him also suggests at least some interest from JR. 

Does anyone know if we'll 100% get comp? Do some of these contracts not have wave compensation agreements for certain level clubs? 

7 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

There has been no contact from Barnsley as of this morning, pure speculation.

Yip I think you can read a balanced line between the various reports suggesting contact hasnt been made yet, but is expected in the next 48 hours as of yesterday evening. So still potentially today? Lets see what any official club statement says, sit tight, things are bubbling away.

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

A lot of opinions back on forward on if he will or if he wouldn't go. Personally I'm really not sure. Can see him possibly holding out for a better club since it's very likely his reputation will increase further after the title is confirmed. On the other hand it's kind of stick or twist. Things could start to go wrong, another job offer might not come, he could still be here next season and lose his first 10 SP games. It's all ifs and buts right now. 

What I would say to the people saying it's probably rubbish from the Sun. No smoke without fire, I think now it's been widely reported it's likely Barnsley have made an approach. Agreeing to let them talk to him also suggests at least some interest from JR. 

Does anyone know if we'll 100% get comp? Do some of these contracts not have wave compensation agreements for certain level clubs? 

Where the scummy rag is concerned, they make the smoke up themselves. It's now being "widely reported" all based on that initial punt from said scummy rag...

11 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Worryingly JR is odds on favourite for the Barnsley job. http://www.thesackrace.com/teams/barnsley

All depends on whether he feels ready to take on the challenge on the English Championship at this stage of his career. With the expected investment being made in Barnsley FC it could be that their aims are to get into the EPL. The increase in his wages will be significant. He will also get a chance to spend some decent money on transfers,

Will he be willing to move his family down south? Would he take his coaching team? Maybe he might even get a job for PR man “Top Man Jimbo”.

Personally I hope he stays and fulfil Fitzy ambition of Champions League football with Saints, 

I wouldn't read anything into the bookies odds just now. They will have a new favourite by lunchtime.

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Some people believe anything they read/like on the internet. :lol:

Jack Ross imo won't be our manager for first game in SPL next season, but he certainly won't be the Barnsley manager either.

Billionaire owners have money to burn and want results quickly or you're out the door Heckinbottom left Barnsley as he knew the new owners would have replaced him at end of season anyway.

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

I think Saints are aware that Jack will be in demand and if he was to leave James would no doubt be with him as they are a good partnership .We must have someone in the frame as a replacement and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Hopkins (even with his M*rton connections)

Why would we have anyone in the frame?

I think either way, this forces the clubs hand to release a statement to confirm whether permission has been granted to Barnsley to speak to Jack or if it is a fabricated story by the Sun. If its the latter, ban that rag of a paper from any future press conferences or official press releases.