St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

6 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

According to the BBC:

The Commonwealth has secretly begun considering who might succeed the Queen as its head, the BBC has learned.

The issue is hugely sensitive because the role is not hereditary and will not pass automatically to the Prince of Wales on the Queen's death.

I fully expect JR to be the bookies favourite for this position.

Considering as she probably will live for another 30 years that rules Jack out

49 minutes ago, billyg said:

It would be great if Barnsley come out today and announced a new boss , a journeyman  manager , like Gary Monk. Here's hoping , then we can move on !

Move on from what? Three or four lines in the sports page of one newspaper without any foundation or any quotes!? It's business as usual, first stop Livingstone and another 3 points. :D

From HITC.....

St Mirren's Jack Ross is the new 10/11 favourite for the Barnsley manager's job, with Sky Bet.

It follows a report in the Scottish Sun on Tuesday, which claims Barnsley have been reluctantly granted permission to speak to the 41-year-old.

Ross, who was as low as 25/1 beforehand, has swiftly surpassed Mick McCarthy (7/4), Paul Simpson (5/4) to become the new front-runner for the role, vacated by Paul Heckingbottom last week.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/13/st-mirrens-jack-ross-is-new-1011-favourite-for-barnsley-managers/

What are the known, knowns here?

Barnsley have had 100 applicants 50 of them credible.

"Newspapers" like the Sun regularly sensationalise or make up stories as clickbait.

There is no evidence to support the claim Barnsley have made an approach.

There is no evidence to suggest St Mirren have given Barnsley permission to speak to Jack Ross.

Of course this could be on of those rare occasions when press speculation turns out to true and Jack will be away soon. But until I see any evidence I hae ma doobts.

Edited by Kenny fae Partick'

According to Dougie McNeil (reliable, Saints supporting media type), JR is definitely on Barnsley's radar.

So be it. There is nothing we can do about it, other than hope that, whatever happens, it won't derail our season,and get along to the game on Saturday to maintain the level of support we have given up till now.

I for one am stunned to see that the Sun is generating stories with no quotes that also relate to betting markets being offered by sister company Sky Bet.

10/11 is a tempting price if you think it looks likely to happen - double your money, near enough. Tempting enough to encourage punters to have a go on a market that they might not have touched/been interested in otherwise. 

The plot thickens further when you see that, according to oddschecker, only BetVictor and SkyBet are listing prices for this.

I do hope this wasn't simply a play to inject some life into a quiet fixed odds market. 

7 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

From HITC.....

St Mirren's Jack Ross is the new 10/11 favourite for the Barnsley manager's job, with Sky Bet.

It follows a report in the Scottish Sun on Tuesday, which claims Barnsley have been reluctantly granted permission to speak to the 41-year-old.

Ross, who was as low as 25/1 beforehand, has swiftly surpassed Mick McCarthy (7/4), Paul Simpson (5/4) to become the new front-runner for the role, vacated by Paul Heckingbottom last week.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/13/st-mirrens-jack-ross-is-new-1011-favourite-for-barnsley-managers/

47 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I would be surprise if the owners of Barnsley has ever heard of Jack Ross :rolleyes:

They have obviously heard of Ross, as its THEY  who want to talk to him!

Barnsley Target St Mirren Boss Jack Ross The Sack Race (Weblog) 11:02

Barnsley given permission to speak to Scottish Championship manager The72 (Weblog) 10:07

Barnsley want Jack Ross as next manager as they prepare St Mirren approach Daily Record 05:55

Image result for confused emoticon

1 minute ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Barnsley given permission to speak to Scottish Championship manager The72 (Weblog) 10:07

Barnsley want Jack Ross as next manager as they prepare St Mirren approach Daily Record 05:55

How do you know they want to talk to him?

26 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Aye that's me convinced now :rolleyes:

Why not Hopkin? Genuine question. He has links to the unwashed, but that's about it for negatives as far as I can see. What he's doing with Livi this season arguably outweighs what Ross is doing with Saints.

Bollocks, you not remember where we were when Jack took over?