St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

(IF) Jack was to go I would like to see James offered the job and I'm sure he would take it if given the chance. 

WHEN Jack goes James will be going with him. Let's hope it's after April 28. I really do not think Barnsley is a good fit for Jack at this moment in time. Come the end of the season he will have a much wider choice.

Success brings it's rewards and challenges. The more successful we are as a team, the harder it will be to hold on to our manager. Barnsley however doesn't look like an ideal fit for JR in my opinion. Like Saints before he came to us, they have gone through a number of managers. Might squeeze another raise from GLS however to hold on to him and up any future compensation deal.

Just now, Mr Optimistic said:

WHEN Jack goes James will be going with him. Let's hope it's after April 28. I really do not think Barnsley is a good fit for Jack at this moment in time. Come the end of the season he will have a much wider choice.

Did you listen to the James interview on Buddie Vision regarding his own ambitions for sure he would like to be his own man one day. Club New stadium/ club no debt/ training ground / knows the club and players inside out / club being promoted.  I think he would take the job. 

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

From HITC.....

St Mirren's Jack Ross is the new 10/11 favourite for the Barnsley manager's job, with Sky Bet.

It follows a report in the Scottish Sun on Tuesday, which claims Barnsley have been reluctantly granted permission to speak to the 41-year-old.

Ross, who was as low as 25/1 beforehand, has swiftly surpassed Mick McCarthy (7/4), Paul Simpson (5/4) to become the new front-runner for the role, vacated by Paul Heckingbottom last week.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/02/13/st-mirrens-jack-ross-is-new-1011-favourite-for-barnsley-managers/

Good god, and people moan about stuff in The Sun not being true. HITC is one of the most farcical sites going.

56 minutes ago, Drew said:

According to Dougie McNeil (reliable, Saints supporting media type), JR is definitely on Barnsley's radar.

So be it. There is nothing we can do about it, other than hope that, whatever happens, it won't derail our season,and get along to the game on Saturday to maintain the level of support we have given up till now.

Hang on though. Dougie works for the BBC and my Facebook feed is full of folk telling me the BBC is biased, deliberately not reporting stories and generally can't be trusted :rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, billyg said:

Sky reporting that JR is to have talks with Barnsley. There's a whole lot of bollocks being talked by a whole lot of people , if it's not true !

I do hope it came up with "Sky sources" on the ticker. Generally Sky's sources are folk reading Twitter and forums - so it must be true!

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did you listen to the James interview on Buddie Vision regarding his own ambitions for sure he would like to be his own man one day. Club New stadium/ club no debt/ training ground / knows the club and players inside out / club being promoted.  I think he would take the job. 

Yeah all that or 3 or 4 times the wages (maybe more) he is on just now to stay with a partnership that clearly works and work at a higher level!? I think he wouldn't. :lol:

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Good god, and people moan about stuff in The Sun not being true. HITC is one of the most farcical sites going.

Hang on though. Dougie works for the BBC and my Facebook feed is full of folk telling me the BBC is biased, deliberately not reporting stories and generally can't be trusted :rolleyes:

I do hope it came up with "Sky sources" on the ticker. Generally Sky's sources are folk reading Twitter and forums - so it must be true!

When it's the English Premiership sky sources are usually pretty good. But they couldn't name 4 or 5 teams in the Scottish Championship never mind tell you what's happening internally at St Mirren!! :lol

16 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Exactly, only a dafty would want to quadruple there wages..

Strange as it may seem life is not only about money. Steven Thompson for example knocked back better offers to get lower wages here. Likewise Caulker signing for Dundee. And I have turned down jobs which were better paid as I did not fancy them.  Maybe one day you will appreciate money isn't everything. :)

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

Reports from,  

The Scottish Sun,. The Record, HITC, The Scotsman, STV Sport, Barnsleyfc.org,  True or not, the list gets longer.

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Ah, but he is a St Mirren man through and through, so, despite working for a corrupt and disreputable organisation that is full of untrustworthy rapscallions, I am inclined to bestow upon him the honour of my trust.

Might be a lot of shite, of course.

1 minute ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Reports from,  

The Scottish Sun,. The Record, HITC, The Scotsman, STV Sport, Barnsleyfc.org,  True or not, the list gets longer.

The Sun and the Record are the only original sources (although I've seen it suggested that the Record just nicked The Sun's stuff). The rest are just reporting that those papers are reporting it.

6 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Reports from,  

Most of them are just quoting the sun story so its not like they are all independently getting the story!!!! Or Non story as the case may be!! :D

Edited by Mr Optimistic

2 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Is that FACT or are you just reporting it?

Well you helpfully quoted the HITC story which mentions the Sun. The Scotsman story even says its according to reports in the Record and the Sun.

Very occasionally I know what I'm talking about.

I don't want Jack to go. I really don't. BUT...

1) Our current chairman has a 100% success rate for appointing outstanding managers. I have every faith he will find another. He might already be at the club.

2) We've been (precisely) in this position before with a certain T. Hendrie - we got so scared to lose him we handed him a five-year deal. TH's efforts in the top flight were f**ked over by the SPL stadium requirements, but still, his managerial record since then suggests we probably shouldn't have panicked.

3) As has been pointed out repeatedly, we usually kill off managers' careers. Pretty much every one since Alex Smith, if we're being honest. This is just what if feels like when bigger clubs want your manager. We might have to learn to live with it.

4) If he does go, and takes Fowler with him, then I'd imagine we will be inundated with applications from quality managers. Who wouldn't want the easiest title ever on their CV?

15 minutes ago, Stu said:

Well you helpfully quoted the HITC story which mentions the Sun. The Scotsman story even says its according to reports in the Record and the Sun.

Very occasionally I know what I'm talking about.

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/15991113.St_Mirren_chief_executive_Tony_Fitzpatrick___There___s_been_absolutely_no_contact_with_Barnsley__over_manager_Jack_Ross/

About 31 results (0.19 seconds) 

Search Results

Story image for tony fitzpatrick st mirren barnsley from TheGazette.co.uk

St Mirren chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick: 'There's been absolutely ...

TheGazette.co.uk-17 minutes ago
ST MIRREN chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick has dismissed speculation linking manager Jack Ross to Barnsley, insisting there has been no contact from the English Championship club. The Tykes are managerless after Paul Heckingbottom left for Leeds last week and are on the lookout for his replacement.
Edited by Buddie Marvelous

http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/15991113.St_Mirren_chief_executive_Tony_Fitzpatrick___There___s_been_absolutely_no_contact_with_Barnsley__over_manager_Jack_Ross/

Tony:

“There’s been absolutely no contact with Barnsley to us. It’s all speculation. I would know as they’d have to come through myself. There’s nothing happening. The great thing is Jack and the players just get on with it, despite the speculation. We take it as a compliment every time a top club loses their manager that the first person mentioned is Jack.