St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

When news breaks. No way we will here anything tonight  with Jack traveling up from Burnley he will want to talk with Gordon first face to face which is right. With talks taking place most of today ending after 7pm that is a lot of hours given that I would say Jack is off hope I'm wrong. 

That Jack gets about. :rolleyes:

I'm still struggling to believe the idea that Barnsley interviewed 2/3/4/5 people this morning then asked Wycombe FC for permission to speak to their manager which was bluntly refused.

The Wycombe FC part is the only part of this whole saga that is ACTUALLY TRUE the rest is just pure speculation that has got (what seems like 99%)of Saints fans convinced he is leaving.

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

It's hard to imagine that JR would have had talks with Barnsley if he wasn't seriously considering the role.

It is also hard to imagine that he wouldn't have had a good interview.

I'm hoping he sees the value in finishing the job he has started here. It would be good to know soon one way or another.

My hunch (and hope) is that he will be thinking Barnsley, at this moment in time, is probably not right. However, he won't want to bypass the opportunity of having interview experience at English Championship level. At the same time, if he got a good feeling from their board then he could be open to persuasion.

Don't know about that but he did travel down there last night. 
Maybe he did maybe he didn't.

One thing that is sure is, if he was driving back to Scotland after his interview he would have heard that they wanted someone else but they got knocked back so if they come knocking on Jack Ross's door he knows he is someone else's sloppy seconds.

I would tell them to ram it.

I'm still struggling to believe the idea that Barnsley interviewed 2/3/4/5 people this morning then asked Wycombe FC for permission to speak to their manager which was bluntly refused.

The Wycombe FC part is the only part of this whole saga that is ACTUALLY TRUE the rest is just pure speculation that has got (what seems like 99%)of Saints fans convinced he is leaving.

It's ACTUALLY TRUE that JR was interviewed by Barnsley today , get used to it. Hopefully the outcome of this whole process is in our favour .

My hunch (and hope) is that he will be thinking Barnsley, at this moment in time, is probably not right. However, he won't want to bypass the opportunity of having interview experience at English Championship level. At the same time, if he got a good feeling from their board then he could be open to persuasion.
My hunch is if they want him they'll get him, sadly.

It's ACTUALLY TRUE that JR was interviewed by Barnsley today , get used to it. Hopefully the outcome of this whole process is in our favour .
Where is the evidence??? Come on Billy for someone that knows so much you don't really back up any of your stories.

IF Jack Ross was interviewed today imo Tony Fitzpatrick should resign for lying to the fans as that is bang out of order.

Wycombe had the right idea tell Barnsley to F**k off then put out a statement straight away informing everyone what happened.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Maybe he did maybe he didn't.

One thing that is sure is, if he was driving back to Scotland after his interview he would have heard that they wanted someone else but they got knocked back so if they come knocking on Jack Ross's door he knows he is someone else's sloppy seconds.

I would tell them to ram it.

Sounds a bit like us when we appointed Jack Ross if you remember.  Anyway Barnsley were knocked back yesterday. 

The very fact JR travelled leads me to think he'll welcome the challenge. My hope is he doesn't get the choice and Barnsley go for a more high profile better proven option given the amount of cash they have down there. If that pans out, I  just hope there's no backlash due to him actually taking the opportunity to try for the post.

There’s no doubt that JR would interview very well and that, from what Chick says, he’s the kind of young manager that Barnsley are looking for.

However, there are a couple of points that would go against him. He’s only been managing for 2-3 seasons in total and he won’t be that familiar with English Championship teams, players etc.

I think taking the interview is a smart move for him. Even if he isn’t offered the Barnsley job, he’ll be talked about in positive terms within the game down there and that’ll do him no harm for the future.

Peter Houston said on the radio that this chance had come at the wrong time for JR, and Jack will have to weigh up what he stands to gain and lose if he’s offered the job.

Fingers crossed that Gareth Ainsworth is reading the riot act to the Wycombe board just now and demanding that he’s allowed to speak to Barnsley.

8 hours ago, Sonny said:

That certainly was not my perception of the situation.  Jack started to change things from day 1.

Some seemed to think that he would take over and that the so-called 'new manager bounce' would somehow lift a team that had a totally unbalanced squad, poor attitude from loads of players, and absolutely no tactics except a long punt up to Sutton.

For the first few games Jack gave everyone a chance to show what they could do (he even recalled Ben Gordon to see if he could be an improvement in what we had) and tried to actually play a formation. He quickly realised that some were not good enough or up for the fight eg Hutton, Hardie, Walsh, Shankland and binned them. Certainly Hutton and Walsh never played for Jack after the Morton game on 1st Nov - only a couple of weeks after Jack took over. And Hardie and Shankland only made an odd appearance from the bench as there was little else and until he could punt them completely in January.

After 6 straight defeats (just following on from Rae's poor run), by the time of Jack's first League win on 6th Dec he had introduced Magennis to the team and had Morgan and McAllister playing regularly. And  these 6 defeats were against Hibs, Dundee Utd, Falkirk, Morton, Dunfermline and our bogey team of Dumbarton - no easy games in that lot.

We had not been winning but Jack dumped some of the rubbish, started playing a passing game and improved performances no end even if it took a few weeks to come together. But more importantly he had done two things - 1 was introduce skilful and hungry young players from our own ranks and not loanees and  - 2 identify who had to go. Both actions that had great significance in keeping us up. Remember that he had little to work with in Oct but done a really good job with what he had in my opinion until he could really clear the decks in January.

Of the 11 players he dumped only the two that were sold Naismith and McAllister are playing  in a team in a higher position than we are now in. That was how bad it was.

There was me thinking Jack's 6 straight defeats in the league came after we'd beaten Hibs in the cup and drawn with Falkirk in the league, and that at first Ross got worse results with Rae's players even though Ross had guys like Morgan, Gordon. McAllister and McKenzie coming back from injury who had missed some  or most of Rae's league games where we played 6, lost 3 and drew 3. 6 straight league defeats was not a continuation of the results under Alex Rae! Most of the players Ross offloaded in January went to clubs higher up the league than us - Shankland to Morton, Hardie to Raith Rovers and then to Rangers (lol), Scott Gallacher to Hibs etc. This season Hutton and Walsh are back playing at Championship level again. Unless anything has changed recently McAllister still hasn't started a game for Derby or Derby U23's.

Seems to me that JR had a clause in his contract that would allow him to speak to other Clubs if they met SMFC's valuation.

It looks as if thats been met.

My worry is that JR knocks it back, then spends the rest of the Season thinking what might have been and that has a detrimental effect on our run in.

or, he goes and that has a detrimental effect on our run in. Either way its quite worrying.

Whatever happens, we as a group of fans have a big part in carrying this group of players over the line. COYS

Where is the evidence??? Come on Billy for someone that knows so much you don't really back up any of your stories.

IF Jack Ross was interviewed today imo Tony Fitzpatrick should resign for lying to the fans as that is bang out of order.

Wycombe had the right idea tell Barnsley to F**k off then put out a statement straight away informing everyone what happened.

Can't give you evidence , but Stuart Gilmour just tweeted to a journalist that he hopes talks didn't go well . He must know something surely .