St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

Div should do us all a favour and shut this site down for 24hrs for maintenance to avoid possible mass suicide in paisley tomorrow  :rolleyes:

These moments are actually the only reason I keep the site going! It’s brilliant to have a proper discussion going on.

Expect we will find out today one way or the other.

My gut feel is that Jack will stay and finish the job.

9 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I hope Jack knows there hunners of f**king speed cameras on the M1 right round Barnsley now. They reckon they've got them switched on all the time now, too.

Living there would be a total nightmare on that basis alone. Don't do it, Jack.

Is that no cameras for catching people escaping from Barnsley. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, div said:

These moments are actually the only reason I keep the site going! It’s brilliant to have a proper discussion going on.

Love your guts.

4 minutes ago, div said:

Either way let's get it sorted soon so we can get the guys that really matter signed up for next season - starting with our fantastic captain.

1 minute ago, Magic said:

My gut feeling and experience as a BFC says he’ll turn us down too. He’d probably get more money stacking shelves in Morrisons and a longer contract, 

Aren't you, or somebody you know, in the know and can give us some inside information?

If not, just make it up, it's almost a rule on here. :wink:

I think he'll decide that he owes it to the players and supporters to see it through to end. If he keeps on going the way he's been going, I'm pretty sure he'll get a more appealing job than Barnsley come the end of the season.

9 hours ago, scottd said:

If we do hopefully it won’t include Steven ‘15 goals in 22 games’ Aitken.  Plenty of other better candidates than him out there.

Now come on Scott, its not that long ago many on here were holding up Dumbarton, and their managers/coaches as a shining example in narrowly avoiding relegation season after season. Which tbf we saw first hand again last season.

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aren't you, or somebody you know, in the know and can give us some inside information?

If not, just make it up, it's almost a rule on here. :wink:

One thing I do know, if he as been offered the job it’ll only be a 1 year contract he’s been offered. 

I don't think Jack will leave St Mirren before we win the league. Who knows what will happen in the summer but I just can't see him leaving now when he is weeks away from winning something very special which is all his doing and something he might never come so close to doing again. I appreciate he might well move on in the summer but can't see him going sooner.

I am also not too sure how much truth is actually in this story about Barnsley's interest.

Just now, Mr Zo said:

I don't think Jack will leave St Mirren before we win the league. Who knows what will happen in the summer but I just can't see him leaving now when he is weeks away from winning something very special which is all his doing and something he might never come so close to doing again. I appreciate he might well move on in the summer but can't see him going sooner.

I am also not too sure how much truth is actually in this story about Barnsley's interest.

Mr Z, he has been interviewed, and perhaps made an offer now.  Wild unsub rumours he might be for the chop, rather than the mac pie.

6 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Mr Z, he has been interviewed, and perhaps made an offer now.  Wild unsub rumours he might be for the chop, rather than the mac pie.