St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

I have heard from a very very very reliable source that Jack might be leaving St Mirren, it might be before the end of the season, it might be a 1 or 3 year contract but it definitely might happen this season or next season...........

Hope this might allay any fears my fellow may or may not be experiencing .....  

Breaking News....

ST Mirren FC Officialski Club Statement.........

the club are aware of mass knickerwetting big lassies taking to online forums to spill the pish oot their panties. The club would like to take this opportunity to reassure those knickerwetting big lassies that ST Mirren FC will definitely have 'A' manager come the end of the season. We jist huvnae a clue who at the minute, and am no jist sayin that!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Some amount of pish being spouted.

We’ve got someone on P&B going on about Ross staying overnight in a hotel, a mid afternoon meeting that finished at 19.15. They his f**king agent or something? 

He might have had a conversation. He may not have. If he goes then well done to him, I don’t begrudge anyone moving on for more money or a higher level. If he stays, well that would just be lovely.

The only thing that has got my goat this week is some of our own fans suggesting that IF Jack was to go we would somehow implode as a club on and off the park and blow the title.

The group of players won't be changing whatever happens and they aren't going to let this go now.

Jack is amazing, he's been superb for us, I want him to stay (I believe he will stay) but if he doesn't go now he'll go eventually. That's part and parcel of football and let's be honest we'd all much rather see teams paying us compensation for our manager because he's been successful rather than us scratching around trying to find money to get rid of a failure!

FWIW when he does eventually go I'd like to see us follow the same model of a younger manager with modern ideas.

Stephen Craigan, Jon Daly, Callum Davidson all look ready to make the step up  to management, Fowler might be persuaded to give it a go and Robbie Nielson wouldn't be a bad shout.

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Some amount of pish being spouted.

We’ve got someone on P&B going on about Ross staying overnight in a hotel, a mid afternoon meeting that finished at 19.15. They his f**king agent or something? 

He might have had a conversation. He may not have. If he goes then well done to him, I don’t begrudge anyone moving on for more money or a higher level. If he stays, well that would just be lovely.

Some think this thread is great. 

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Image result for Jim Goodwin st mirren Just saying !!!

I like Goody and alongisde another legend Thomo was he not trying to motivate players during the terrible spell when the club was plummeting, losing goals in the last minute of every game and then losing matches every week. The feeling something wasn't right was ever present and the sense something was rotten in the club  and a lack of motivation existed from the BOD right down to the playing staff, haunted the terraces. They didn't do a very good job. Okay he was only the Captain not the manager but his team mates were in charge and he must have had a big influence, possibly negative because after him and Thomo left that attitude changed and the club turned around. 

He's doing Ok at Alloa and it was probably all down to TC and AR but I'd have reservations about appointing him as manager.  Still it's feck all to do with me , so Gone yersel Fitzy.

Just Saying

54 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now come on Scott, its not that long ago many on here were holding up Dumbarton, and their managers/coaches as a shining example in narrowly avoiding relegation season after season. Which tbf we saw first hand again last season.

If we are serious about getting to the Premier League then we will need someone better than Aitken.

6 minutes ago, div said:

The only thing that has got my goat this week is some of our own fans suggesting that IF Jack was to go we would somehow implode as a club on and off the park and blow the title.

The group of players won't be changing whatever happens and they aren't going to let this go now.

I appreciate this up to a point, but it would be unsettling at best.

Momentum is key just now.  There will be  couple of wobbles on the way in any event, so we could well do without anything that could knock us even a little off course.

I actually think the loss of our manager just now could derail us to some degree. That's why I'm very relieved that he will be staying....

Edited by Drew

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

I like Goody and alongisde another legend Thomo was he not trying to motivate players during the terrible spell when the club was plummeting, losing goals in the last minute of every game and then losing matches every week. The feeling something wasn't right was ever present and the sense something was rotten in the club  and a lack of motivation existed from the BOD right down to the playing staff, haunted the terraces. They didn't do a very good job. Okay he was only the Captain not the manager but his team mates were in charge and he must have had a big influence, possibly negative because after him and Thomo left that attitude changed and the club turned around. 

He's doing Ok at Alloa and it was probably all down to TC and AR but I'd have reservations about appointing him as manager.  Still it's feck all to do with me , so Gone yersel Fitzy.

Just Saying

I think regardless of how this Jack situ pans out, we know at some stage he is going, if he keeps his stock high, and its good to know that the footballing world know just what he has  achieved in such a short space....

So we need succession planning. Scotland and Sevco, have shown what a car crash looks like when you don't have a plan...........

Goody is raw, however, he knows the club, the fans like him and lets be honest, they should have beaten Brechin, also he has a great chairman at Alloa..........

He is raw, he will learn.................

But he is my Plan B, Plan A is still with us