St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I appreciate this up to a point, but it would be unsettling at best.

Momentum is key just now.  There will be  couple of wobbles on the way in any event, so we could well do without anything that could knock us even a little off course.

I actually think the loss of our manager just now could derail us to some degree. That's why I'm very relieved that he will be staying....

Yeah that is fair mate.

I suppose the flip side is that if Jack stays (and I still believe he will stay, did I mention that?) then it will give the whole club another nice lift just at the right time.

His determination to see the job through has been a consistent mantra all season and I've no reason to think he won't do that.

I don't expect him to be our manager for too much longer but I genuinely don't think this is the right move for him at this moment in time.

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think regardless of how this Jack situ pans out, we know at some stage he is going, if he keeps his stock high, and its good to know that the footballing world know just what he has  achieved in such a short space....

So we need succession planning. Scotland and Sevco, have shown what a car crash looks like when you don't have a plan...........

Goody is raw, however, he knows the club, the fans like him and lets be honest, they should have beaten Brechin, also he has a great chairman at Alloa..........

He is raw, he will learn.................

But he is my Plan B, Plan A is still with us  

My initial wish, in about September 2016, was for Jack and Goody to take over, with Goody as number 2 obviously. He now has a good 17/18 months under his belt in management, and is doing well - being third behind two full time outfits is nothing to be embarrassed about.

I think Jim is a fine man, with St Mirren in his heart, and with the right guy by his side, could be a very good fit for us.

3 minutes ago, div said:

Yeah that is fair mate.

I suppose the flip side is that if Jack stays (and I still believe he will stay, did I mention that?) then it will give the whole club another nice lift just at the right time.

His determination to see the job through has been a consistent mantra all season and I've no reason to think he won't do that.

I don't expect him to be our manager for too much longer but I genuinely don't think this is the right move for him at this moment in time.

Aye, agreed on all counts.

I'll be (very pleasantly) surprised if he is with us by the end of this year, but he is a smart operator and will be strategic when it comes to his career.

The management climate in English football is even more fickle than it is up here. There is a huge amount at stake for JR in terms of his career. He'll do the right thing.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

I hope Jack knows there hunners of f**king speed cameras on the M1 right round Barnsley now. They reckon they've got them switched on all the time now, too.

Living there would be a total nightmare on that basis alone. Don't do it, Jack.

45 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Does anyone actually KNOW that JR was in Barnsley yesterday?

Maybe one of those hunners of cameras round Barnsley might have picked him up. :P:lol:

52 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I have heard from a very very very reliable source that Jack might be leaving St Mirren, it might be before the end of the season, it might be a 1 or 3 year contract but it definitely might happen this season or next season...........

Hope this might allay any fears my fellow may or may not be experiencing .....  

I heard this too but I also heard the board may or may not have met last night to put out a statement saying Jack is leaving or jack is staying I hope that clears things up for anyone who is hard of understanding 

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I think regardless of how this Jack situ pans out, we know at some stage he is going, if he keeps his stock high, and its good to know that the footballing world know just what he has  achieved in such a short space....

So we need succession planning. Scotland and Sevco, have shown what a car crash looks like when you don't have a plan...........

The one thing you can be 100% sure of is that the board have a plan B if/when something happens on that front.

I heard this too but I also heard the board may or may not have met last night to put out a statement saying Jack is leaving or jack is staying I hope that clears things up for anyone who is hard of understanding 

The BOD in its entirety is at the ground at the moment. Is Willie Todd there too I wonder ? Maybe we're going to sack JR. We have previous !

_57733520_chickyounghead.jpg

By Chick Young

BBC Scotland

6 minutes ago, div said:

The one thing you can be 100% sure of is that the board have a plan B if/when something happens on that front.

A Source  at St Mirren FC reports there is no doubt about it. We can all be 100% sure of that. When something happens it is 100% certain the St Mirren Board will react. On that front we can all be sure.

Just don't ask me whats happening because I'm no sure but on the Jack Ross front

Barnsley are holding talks with St Mirren's Jack Ross and Swansea City Under-23 boss Cameron Toshack as they look to appoint a new manager.

Young Kyle Gunn has tweeted that this might not be resolved today.

If that is accurate, it could be a case of Jack wanting the job, but Barnsley still interviewing today so they won't make a final decision until that process is completed.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Young Kyle Gunn has tweeted that this might not be resolved today.

If that is accurate, it could be a case of Jack wanting the job, but Barnsley still interviewing today so they won't make a final decision until that process is completed.

or that compensation has to be negotiated and agreed, hence the ongoing board meeting at the 2021

2 minutes ago, saintargyll said:

Barnsley may have other interviews and then make a decission

I think its clear Ross was there number one, and it would appear the clubs are sorting out compo and due process. Doubt there would have been an emergency board meeting called if Ross had said no.

all Barnsley had to do was to agree to pay the compo clause in his contract before being allowed to talk to him.

Edited by Lord Pityme