St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Quick question..?

is there anyone left who still thinks he's staying..?

I thought it was all done bar the compo. 

33 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just compo between clubs and personal terms to be agreed now it would seem.

more importantly the real shortlist is in its infancy, we need a couple of other names..

Goodwin

Neilsen

were you pulling our legs..........

It is dragging on too long. The talk from the club this week should have been all about rallying the troops for our biggest and most important game of the season , instead we're bogged down with talk of our manager speaking to another club. Even if he stays now there will be some damage to morale . The whole situ has not been handled very well at all .

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

It is dragging on too long. The talk from the club this week should have been all about rallying the troops for our biggest and most important game of the season , instead we're bogged down with talk of our manager speaking to another club. Even if he stays now there will be some damage to morale . The whole situ has not been handled very well at all .

And that's typical St Mirren. 

I'm hopeful he will stay. I am sure he will have impressed when being interviewed and I am sure he would be confident of his own ability to stop Barnsley being relegated. I think he will want to get us back into the SPL for a start, and he might also fancy staying for 6 months to 1 season to prove he can keep a promoted team up. Not sure if he would be too fussed about trying to turn us into a top 6 side against the odds though.

36 minutes ago, Drew said:

When all the dust settles on this, it will be interesting to know why permission seems to have been so readily granted for Barnsley to speak to Jack. Possibly a clause in his contract?

That what I would say also , wouldn't like to think permission would be granted for any other reason at this point in our campaign Drew.

1 minute ago, billyg said:

Not sure how else it would be handled? Saying nothing until there's something to say is often the best way to go, rather than empty statements which tell us little.

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Answer tomorrow.