St Mirren give Barnsley permission to speak to JR

billyg

Confirmed by other sources as well - this guy isn't from the scum...
Confirmed by what sources??? Only see you, Div and one Saints fan on Facebook showing this one guys tweet???

If other sources confirmed where is their tweets??? Facebook Posts??? Blog Updates??? Carrier Pigeons???

Jeez people stop and think anout things for a second...

if, and its a big if... the BoD were considering paying Ross & Fowler way over the odds AGAIN to turn down a move then they would look like the Kids Who Got The Keys To The Sweetie Shop...

thats not strong, stable, living within your own means leadership... thats the stupidity that crashed Sevco, Hearts, Livi, Gretna, Motherwell etc..etc... that way lies madness..? Every role has a realistic pay band that the employee sits within, and can move up within based on performance. If you start paying over and above that you not only jeopardise your financial control, but set unrealistic precedents that others will want to use to make their case for exemption.

if Barnsley meet the compo figure then say thanks Jack, and use the money to invest in next season's squad, as we sure as hell will need better quality to survive with in the Prem. Bankrupting ourselves now, then not being able to afford the players you need, or indeed others insisting given what the managers paid, they want an OTT wage packet or their off too is sheer lunacy.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Confirmed by what sources??? Only see you, Div and one Saints fan on Facebook showing this one guys tweet???

If other sources confirmed where is their tweets??? Facebook Posts??? Blog Updates??? Carrier Pigeons???

Believe it or don't believe it. Makes no difference to me.

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

If I could be bothered I could look out the one that said for this weekend as well. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley-fc/barnsley-reds-wants-new-boss-by-next-weekend-1-9010613

There you go don't say I'm not nice to you, the headline states next weekend but the article states  before the match against Burton next Tuesday.

We can agree to disagree. 

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Believe it or don't believe it. Makes no difference to me.

Never said it made a difference to you, but you took time out your day to quote me and say confirmed elsewhere then you couldn't provide any evidence where it was confirmed???

That would suggest it did make a difference to you. 

Have you attended the Tony Fitzpatrick school of telling lies??? 

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

if, and its a big if... the BoD were considering paying Ross & Fowler way over the odds AGAIN to turn down a move then they would look like the Kids Who Got The Keys To The Sweetie Shop...

thats not strong, stable, living within your own means leadership... thats the stupidity that crashed Sevco, Hearts, Livi, Gretna, Motherwell etc..etc... that way lies madness..? Every role has a realistic pay band that the employee sits within, and can move up within based on performance. If you start paying over and above that you not only jeopardise your financial control, but set unrealistic precedents that others will want to use to make their case for exemption.

if Barnsley meet the compo figure then say thanks Jack, and use the money to invest in next season's squad, as we sure as hell will need better quality to survive with in the Prem. Bankrupting ourselves now, then not being able to afford the players you need, or indeed others insisting given what the managers paid, they want an OTT wage packet or their off too is sheer lunacy.

So we should just accept that the first manager who has done well enough to be sought after for over 30 years is going? Do nothing to persuade them to stay?

You have no idea what Jack's initial salary was, or what it was increased to in the summer. You appear to be happy to wet your knickers about us not living within our means, without a shred of evidence for that being the case.

We have a very good manager. The fans want us to try to keep him, so we will try. You can go all drama queen in the corner as you do, but I think I'll stick you on ignore again while you do it. ;)

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Another way to look at it is that we improve jack and James contract which will earn us a bigger comp package after one season in the premiership . . Just a thought as we are going to lose them at some point anyway

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Never said it made a difference to you, but you took time out your day to quote me and say confirmed elsewhere then you couldn't provide any evidence where it was confirmed???

That would suggest it did make a difference to you. 

Have you attended the Tony Fitzpatrick school of telling lies??? 

Jeez, what a crushing bore... :byebye

Just now, saintargyll said:

Another way to look at it is that we improve jack and James contract which will earn us a bigger comp package after one season in the premiership . . Just a thought as we are going to lose them at some point anyway

Another way to look at it is a big load of cash in hand now, or perhaps having to sack and pay them compo after an usuccesful run next season,  and then have to pay compo to get a new manager in... when do you say enough is enough?

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:

Move on mate,

You made a bold statement couldn't back it up got caught out.

Not spending all day pointing out your lies.

My lies? Let's recap:

I post that this has been reported by a journalist - you imply he's lying. 

I tell you it's confirmed by other sources - you call me a liar.

1. Where is the bold statement?

2. Where are my lies?

Go on Columbo, get on the case! :rolleyes:

1) Never implied he was lying.

2) Your bold statement is above "Confirmed by other sources"

Why can't you copy the link of the other sources???

3) The fact you have had 3 or 4 opportunities to show the "other sources" & refused in my eyes means you are lying.

If your not lying, Div isn't lying, The Journalist isn't lying???

Just show us the money(ooops wrong movie)

Just show us the evidence.

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Move on mate,

You made a bold statement couldn't back it up got caught out.

Not spending all day pointing out your lies.

Okay Ronnie, you made a fairly big statement yourself calling Fitzy a "liar", a fairly damning word in anyones' book. Now back it up that he was actually lying with factual proof.

6 minutes ago, HSS said:

How much,roughly,is Jack on at SMFC?

Based on absolutely nothing, my guess would be about £60K p/a?

ETA - I suspect that is conservative, but have absolutely no idea.

Edited by Drew